• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Chain Snare

Cudgeon Kurosaki

Smash Rookie
Every single :sheik: video I've ever seen has never performed this technique before. The chain is commonly unused except for the purpose of being a tether recovery. When it is being used for damaging, it is highly ineffective. By the end of this guide you will be able to perform the what I've come to call the Chain Snare. However there is a simple technique to perform the Chain Snare.

The Chain Snare is when the chain is dragged across the ground, causing multiple hits. It can be used behind or in front of you. You can either drag it back and forth. Find a way to force them to approach. Even of performed correctly, the enemy has to be on the ground.

Extra Info
The Chain Jacket glitch is not neccessary to perform this. The science behind this is that Sheik's Chain has multiple hitboxes and when it is dragged across the ground, it causes multiple hits. That's the reason why it does mot work effectively near the edge or in the air. I find it easier to control this when you use the tip of the thumb to control the chain.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope by know you understand how to perform the Chain Snare. If you have a video, I would be more than happy to put a link somewhere in the video's section (if I don't forget :laugh: ).

Dcold

Smash Lord
Well if I understand this correctly, you're just talking about the multiple hits of the chain, correct? I probably use the chain a lot more than those above, and I often get people into a chain lock, or maybe this is the chain snare you're talking about. I could link some videos of me locking people, if you'd like. I'm not entirely sure if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, or I've already been doing it for other application and calling it something else.

Cudgeon Kurosaki

Smash Rookie
Well if I understand this correctly, you're just talking about the multiple hits of the chain, correct? I probably use the chain a lot more than those above, and I often get people into a chain lock, or maybe this is the chain snare you're talking about. I could link some videos of me locking people, if you'd like. I'm not entirely sure if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, or I've already been doing it for other application and calling it something else.
I would appreciate it if you did link the videos. If it is what I am performing, I'll consider renaming the technique.

Cudgeon Kurosaki

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7jGOXzsdrwY#t=97s Can't find others atm, I got a new channel since, and can't upload anymore.
It is similar to the technique I am trying. The difference is mine is less effective, but more practical. The sliding of the chain on the ground is what causes the multiple hits, but I'm not sure that specific chain lock would be easy to get started. I'll look into this more and see if I can pull off the chain lock in other ways.

Top Bottom