• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik vs Other Top Tiers

BigBubbs

Smash Cadet
What are some tips you could give me when facing the 10 best characters in the game with Sheik (Fox, Falco, Marth, other Sheiks, Jiggs, Peach, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Samus, & Pikachu)? Like, what strategies should I use in terms of moves, and what should be my main objective (i.e. Getting them offstage quick, going for grabs, approaching with aerials, etc.), generally? How should I play against them, and especially, how do I approach them?

Thank you for replying!

Ministry

Smash Ace
watch videos, you could write pages and pages on every matchup. watch high level sheiks, m2k, plup, kirbykaze, overtriforce. shroomed. and SEE what they do. reading what people write wont help as much as watching a video.

BigBubbs

Smash Cadet
watch videos, you could write pages and pages on every matchup. watch high level sheiks, m2k, plup, kirbykaze, overtriforce. shroomed. and SEE what they do. reading what people write wont help as much as watching a video.
What do you think are some noteworthy matches I should study?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What are some tips you could give me when facing the 10 best characters in the game with Sheik (Fox, Falco, Marth, other Sheiks, Jiggs, Peach, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Samus, & Pikachu)? Like, what strategies should I use in terms of moves, and what should be my main objective (i.e. Getting them offstage quick, going for grabs, approaching with aerials, etc.), generally? How should I play against them, and especially, how do I approach them?

Thank you for replying!
Every matchup is different. Generally speaking you have 4-5 major threats in neutral, which should be abused in different ways in different matchups. You also need to learn how to combo/punish each character once you have landed your first hit.

AC fair. If you execute properly you can create a high priority hitbox wall while fast falling, but still auto cancel the move before you land. This means you don't even have an option of failing an lcancel, you just have no lag (okay, 4 frames; same as empty landing). One of the safest moves on shield, it also is very difficult to wiff punish.

Immediate nair. This is a 3 frame aerial with a ton of priority. It is faster than grabbing out of shield, and it auto cancels in a short hop. Fullhop nair also auto cancels onto platforms. Its very safe, does a good amount of damage, and lets you get your shield up quickly.

Grab. This is the one everyone wants to land. Virtually everything sheik can do can be CC'd at low percents, except grab. Grab also leads into more grabs (either by tech chasing or true chaingrab) or a guaranteed aerial. Because its so rewarding, your opponents must spend a lot of effort avoiding it.

Dash attack. A quick attack with a burst of movement, acts as a launcher. It doesn't knock over until about 40% and can be true CC'd until about 60%. It is also really unsafe on shield. Really only good for calling someone's bad movement.

Fullhop bair. Tons of range and acts as an anti-air. It is a perfect tool for covering side platforms and controlling the middle of the stage. It is also relatively safe to land with bair, but not as safe as AC fair.

BigBubbs

Smash Cadet
Every matchup is different. Generally speaking you have 4-5 major threats in neutral, which should be abused in different ways in different matchups. You also need to learn how to combo/punish each character once you have landed your first hit.

AC fair. If you execute properly you can create a high priority hitbox wall while fast falling, but still auto cancel the move before you land. This means you don't even have an option of failing an lcancel, you just have no lag (okay, 4 frames; same as empty landing). One of the safest moves on shield, it also is very difficult to wiff punish.

Immediate nair. This is a 3 frame aerial with a ton of priority. It is faster than grabbing out of shield, and it auto cancels in a short hop. Fullhop nair also auto cancels onto platforms. Its very safe, does a good amount of damage, and lets you get your shield up quickly.

Grab. This is the one everyone wants to land. Virtually everything sheik can do can be CC'd at low percents, except grab. Grab also leads into more grabs (either by tech chasing or true chaingrab) or a guaranteed aerial. Because its so rewarding, your opponents must spend a lot of effort avoiding it.

Dash attack. A quick attack with a burst of movement, acts as a launcher. It doesn't knock over until about 40% and can be true CC'd until about 60%. It is also really unsafe on shield. Really only good for calling someone's bad movement.

Fullhop bair. Tons of range and acts as an anti-air. It is a perfect tool for covering side platforms and controlling the middle of the stage. It is also relatively safe to land with bair, but not as safe as AC fair.
... Holy**** Sveet replied to my thread...

But seriously, thank you! This is extremely helpful info!

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Dash away (back turned) backflip Bair is also a really good tool in neutral. You see M2K use it more than most other top level sheiks.

In general backflip SH is great. It keeps you in control of your spacing.

Top Bottom