• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Upthrow Upair 50-50 Percentages and Guide

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
HERE'S THE OFFICIAL UPTHROW UPAIR LIST.

No rage - from the center of FD - DI away - mashing jump - fresh upthrow - fresh upair.

Percentages starting from when upthrow up air starts killing until when it stops being a 50/50.

Bayonetta: 134 - 159%- use instant double jump.

Bowser Jr: 130 - 219% - use delayed double jump.

Captain Falcon: 141 - 251% use delayed double jump.

Cloud : 133 - 206% - use instant double jump.

Cloud - Limit: 140 - 247% - use delayed double jump.

Corrin: 138 - 148% - use instant double jump.

DDD: 156 - 303% - use very delayed double jump. double jump at the peak of your full hop from around 260 - 303%.

Donkey Kong: 144 - 232% - from 144% to about 185% double jump just below the peak of your full hop. then use instant double jump.

Ike: 144 - 212% - use instant double jump.

Little Mac: 123 - 212% - use very delayed double jump until around 180% to eat their double jump, then start using instant/slightly delayed double jump.

Lucario: 140 - 204% - use instant double jump until about 175%, then use delayed double jump afterwards.

Mega Man: 141 - 169% - use instant double jump. the double jump timing for megaman is fast and really strict.

Mewtwo: 100 - 178% - use a really delayed double jump until 170%, then use your double jump a bit earlier until 178.

Roy: 135 - 182% - use instant double jump. only works on no DI and DI in.

Shulk - Jump: 139 - 238%. use instant double jump.

Shulk - Shield: 212 - 362% use slightly delayed double jump until about 250%, then use instant double jump until 362%.

Here's the percentages in the form of a google doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Vx9wKXhcVPAFh7a_T5ijQ3LgHCbyR6wTwXLSaWXOhM/edit?usp=sharing

Guimartgon

Smash Apprentice
Could you explain how different instant vs delayed DJ are? Also why do you is there a need to delay your DJ in order to catch the jump option?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
good work pony. did uair connect on all those characters mashing jump ? I find that slightly hard to believe considering the amount of times I go for uthrow and it never connects :(

also yeah what's the deal with instant and delayed double jumps?

Last edited:

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
good work pony. did uair connect on all those characters mashing jump ? I find that slightly hard to believe considering the amount of times I go for uthrow and it never connects :(

yeah i had a turbo controller mashing jump ~once per frame. also instant double jump will leave your jump indication ring basically on the ground, delayed would be timing your double jump slightly later. i believe Simi is working on making gifs to visualize the different timings.

Glitchy_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintend0pr0
Why does this work?
Is it the proportion of weight and Fall speed? Is it how big they are?

I would say it's either heavies or Fastfallers if there wasn't Mewtwo...

SmBootZ

Smash Cadet
I thought it was determined that UpThrow > UpAir was not a true 50/50. Is this the full list of characters it works on? Also, has this been tested with DI?
Sorry for all the questions, im just a little skeptical about this actually working.

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
I thought it was determined that UpThrow > UpAir was not a true 50/50. Is this the full list of characters it works on? Also, has this been tested with DI?
Sorry for all the questions, im just a little skeptical about this actually working.
the very first thing i wrote in this post is that it was tested with DI.

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd

yes they were mashing jump. i wish you would all actually read the whole post so you wouldnt ask silly questions.

Subtilizer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Subtilizer
The docs say that a dthrow 50/50 is a work in progress do we currently know of any characters where it works? Or is that just there as an idea for if its found?

Envoy_

Smash Cadet
The docs say that a dthrow 50/50 is a work in progress do we currently know of any characters where it works? Or is that just there as an idea for if its found?
I think the Sheik Discord had a list of characters it looked like it could work on or rather they were getting some success on.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
edit: nvm lol misread ur post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom