• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Smash Ultimate First Impressions

Conet

Smash Cadet
We have a lot to talk about girls and boys. Let’s get this started.

Sheik seems very similar to Smash 4 sheik except faster with better movement.
BAir and upair are slightly stronger, and forward air had it’s hitbox slightly tweaked.
Sheik is faster, but her standing grab has much less reach than in smash 4. Speaking of grabs, her throws were severely nerfed. Forward throw forward air, bouncing fish or upair at low percents is all I could get. Tilts are our new best friend, they are godly combo starters and with the new dash stops will be a staple in our neutral for calling out short hops and dashbacks. They also work well as general pressure.
Raising Fair —> grab is harder at lower percents because of the grab range nerf, however I think that if you forward tilt and then grab this can be remedied. Also, at a bit higher percents you can raising fair—> dash grab.
Downtilt seems to have a Sakurai angle and probably will be our best kill setup. Run —> dash stop downtilt is really good.
Needles have a better angle for pressure, but now we can only follow up at 120 + with bouncing fish or upair depending on DI. I think this is a good thing because once we lab needle kill confirms we will have a reliable way to kill.

Just first impressions! Lmk what you think about her!

Last edited:
Top Bottom