• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik S#!t (A Tips and Tricks Video for Sheik)

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
***EDIT: Here is the Youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpNiClgJcjM

I cut it so it is about 9 mins. I lost the original file some how and was unable to redit some clips but i took out the extra useless stuff. It also freezes for a second after some of the text but its just that the clips themselves stall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to put that if you hold A before the match starts, you start off as Zelda (i kno ppl know this, but some dont)

http://www.bigupload.com/d=AFD7DE3F
http://files.filefront.com/Sheik_****wmv/;6207822;;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy and let me know if there are any bugs or something i missed. I may update the vid later, but i jsut wnated to get it up for those who wanted to watch it. I

REMEMBER! it's a vid for people who need help and there are a few little nice thing that some people might not have known.

Nekorion

Smash Apprentice
Enjoyed the music yay.

Reverse needle portion = very helpful
Chain grab part was a bit long and repetitive, but minor problem.

The Taped Crusader

Smash Cadet
You used a fair amount of unnecessary footage, like where you make mistakes and such. You also kept in a few examples that COULD work on people, but not the way you've done it. In the future, try not to include examples of you doing it wrong without pointing out exactly what you've done wrong.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Sheik can pretty much chain throw pika from 0-death or at least until they get pika off the edge.You should have included the jab to f air on floaties on mid-high %.It works wonders on the defensive Marth and Peach.Or the d throw,jab,re grab combo on fast fallers on low to mid%.(that is if they dont tech...I think they don't have time to but I could be wrong)

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
Or the d throw,jab,re grab combo on fast fallers on low to mid%.(that is if they dont tech...I think they don't have time to but I could be wrong)

This doesnt only work on fastfallers but also in sheik dittos as well.

(They dont have the chance to tech if you jab them before they hit the ground, called a "Tap Reset". It cancels the tumbling animation, sometimes causing them to sheild on the ground, instead of teching. Leaving them open for the grab.)

Vall3y

Smash Lord
LOL@music, yeah
good vid though
umm remember you can cut the endings of some clips if it doesnt look good
thanks for putting the Vall3y Vanish in lol :p

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
dthrow jab regrab only works if the other player isnt very good, imo. good players know how to jump or roll or jab back before ur grab comes out.

with proper DI, sheik cant really 0-death anyone, u should be able to DI up+behind and jump out around 80, then DI the hit and survive.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
oh, and in ur chaingrabbing section, u should show it on characters it actually works on, not mario kirby etc..

show it on roy, ylink, g+w, yoshi, pika, pichu, etc.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
there is no DIing in the chain throw. It would be good to show that its really "hard to escape"....

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
first of all:
YOUR MY HERO!!!
second... i dont know if you interested, but i found a few spelling errors, just so you know ^^
somewhere at the beginning you wrote jsut instead of just (cant find it anymore ^^)
4:09 isnt it spelled edge guarding? you wrote gaurding 2 times
the "needles" part is a bit odd cause you do a lot of mistakes, or at least it looked like it to me :)
still, your awesoem!
yome

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
Yea good vid overal, never new avout that Vall3y vanish trick which is pretty sweet, you may want to cut some stuff though, and cut some of your misktakes, or atleast show what you were trying to demonstrate.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
oh, and in ur chaingrabbing section, u should show it on characters it actually works on, not mario kirby etc..

show it on roy, ylink, g+w, yoshi, pika, pichu, etc.

Did u watch the vid? b/c i put in all of them. I started with the hard chains, then the easy ones (ones u listed)

but yeah i didnt actually watch the vid after making it cuz i wanted to get it up for u guys. Thx for the feedback, maybe if i can over the break i will go back and edit the clips better and fix the spelling errors.

Thanks again

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
yeah ill try, ive got other stuff to do right now. But if enough ppl actually want me to, ill def try to get it up soon, otherwise it will jsut be a waste if ppl rnt going to watch it

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the "hard" chains, arent chain throws, and shouldnt be in there. youll just let newbies think they are real

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
ok, so should i just include the easy ones? b/c i actualyl have gotten a few chain grabs on unsuspecting marths. Depending on the stage they dont always DI/jump away correctly

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
flagged up poppin dat 18 street in Long Island....
yea its a overall good video. You should point out your mistakes this way n00bs will what you did wrong and what not to do. Also Plairnkk is right those are not chain throws they shouldnt be there n00bs get the wrong idea by thinking that you can do it to any one.

Anyway good work.

p.s- the vall3y vanish ^b was cool, +rep ;)

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Can you teach me how to do the explosion edgeguard?(the one where you upb off and back) Thats the only pro sheik technique that I cant do and its bugging me.

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
its not hard to do( well, ingame it is but not in training mode^^)
just run to the edge, and when your on the purple thing on the edge of the stage press up b , and if you do it exactly on the edge, the Jump of sheiks upB will not happen.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Darn it, you beat me to the punch. I started on my 'sheik training thing' vid the other day. I may still do it, though. I mean, it never hurts to have alot of resources for people. Thoughts??

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
ok, i will try to update the vid soon, i just have some Final Projects to work on.

So ill take out the NON-Chaing Grabs, fix some of the editting. If i put it on youtube it may be hard to read(low resolution), but w/e ill try it.

Thx for the feedback, and hopefully ill get to working on this soon

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
i kno i know, i tried but something happened to the file and i was unable to open it in pinnicale. So im sorry. I guess i can try to just download it and cut it up, but i will be unable to fixc up the messed up parts.

EDIT: ok im uploading it, it will be up by tomorow afternoon/evening. Check the first post of the topic for a link

Top Bottom