• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Play style help.

Fernis P. Lovetrap

Smash Rookie
So I'm new to Smash Bros and I really like Sheik despite her doing like no damage, she's just fun to play. Does anyone have any tips on how to play her well without having to memorizing long combos or being a god at technical skills?

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
If you want to bring the most out of Sheik's damage output, combos are a necessity. The fortunate thing about this is, (most) of her combo tools are so good, you can really free-flow around and make up new combinations every match. Maybe there are sequences to memorize if you want to be 'optimal', but if you can string together 3-4 hits consistently, that's all you really need. Just figure out how Ftilt, FAir, Down Tilt, Nair, Bair, etc. combo into each other.
Some of her most fun combos are Ftilt->drag-down up air, which you can reset several times in a row. It really makes you feel in-control. Takes a bit of practice, no doubt.
Make sure you figure out some of her kill-combos really well, more so than anything else. If you can kill consistently, it'll save you a lot of frustration with the character when your opponent is at 170% and moves still aren't killing. Soft Nair -> DownB, Down Tilt -> Up Smash, and Ftilt-> UpAir are some of the best in my opinion.

Amon O

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7305 3643 0520
I agree that the free flow combo game is good to learn with sheik. Her speed and handling are really nice once you get the hang of it, and to an extent, you are usually faster than you think. (It’s a hard thing to say lol)

Neutral air is an awesome set up for boops into dash attack ( which is a move I’d get highly familiar with ) and so on. All of her moves are useful, like any character.....I think mastering her speed and tech chasing grant you the ability to do a lot even though her range is limited (normal move wise)

I feel like the idea is to maneuver your way into a position where you are able to knock your opponent off balance with speed and agility as your guide. Her special moves all kill, but require precision to pull off. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve gotten by surprise with grenade at the edge of the stage....on or off.

Top Bottom