• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik patch 1.1.0 changes - CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Ok so there was no thread for it so I took the initiative instead of scattering infos throughout different threads.

So far what we kinda agree on as Sheik mains is the following:
- Fair hitbox/damage nerf; the sourspot is somehow more prominent OR it does 0.5% less damage, uncertain yet.
- Needle fidgeting/INC/C-bounce/vanish gliding are all still intact

Keep in mind nothing is official until data miners crunch the numbers of the new patch. All what's in this thread is what Sheik mains mostly agree on.

EDIT:

Data miners came through (thank Dantarion)

Sheik's fair confirmed ONLY change.

http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/sheik.html

Can't make sense of most of it but red part is pre-patch, green is post-patch. You can see in red part fair was dmg = 4.8/5.5 and now its 4.3/5.0, not sure if there were frame changes etc

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
From what I've seen (yet to try it out yet) bouncing fish received a buff?

Bujuhh

Smash Rookie
NNID
bujuhh
3DS FC
1822-0022-5425
From what I've seen (yet to try it out yet) bouncing fish received a buff?
Bouncing fish seems the same to me. If it did receive any changes, they are negligible

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
If they take more damage from us, we will need to make 12 hit combo for 12% ...

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Bouncing fish seems the same to me as well.

Also the dthrow nerf seems to be disproved, the placebo is hard with this one but I honestly can't tell for sure.. but after comparing unpatched version (3ds) with patched (wiiu) I don't think there's a difference.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
If the only major nerf was to Sheik's F-air then they're actually doing something right with this patch.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I still think the landing lag in Fair was not needed.
The damage... okay.

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
sheik's d throw still leads to 50/50 kill set up at the same percents it did before the patch in the ditto, and d throw combos seem to be the same in general. f throw triple fair regrab f throw bf does 38% most of the time now, so yeah, fair dmg nerf.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Data miners came through (thank Dantarion)

Sheik's fair confirmed ONLY change.

http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/sheik.html

Can't make sense of most of it but red part is pre-patch, green is post-patch. You can see in red part fair was dmg = 4.8/5.5 and now its 4.3/5.0, not sure if there were frame changes etc

edit: goddammit ninja'd =( what a true sheik main @ Jaxas Jaxas

Last edited:

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Looks like the sweet and sour spots on fair are swapped, both doing .5 less damage than before but the KBG increased on both.

verbatim

Smash Ace
Looking at the stuff people haven't already mentioned.

They switched the id's for the two different hits of fair around. I have no idea why they'd do that.

KBG goes from 125 --> 132. Assuming that KGB stands for knock back growth, I'd assume that this means that it'll get harder to keep people in fair strings at higher percentages. I need to record a bunch of replays before I update so if someone could try doing fair strings on both versions (1.0.9 and 1.10) to someone in training mode at 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50% that'd be awesome.

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Looks like the sweet and sour spots on fair are swapped, both doing .5 less damage than before but the KBG increased on both.
Mmmm... sweet and sour....

Edit: I'll try to be relevant.
Awesome! I'm fine with Fair receiving a slight nerf. It doesn't really affect her feel as a character and may create new combos.

Last edited:

Skydra

Smash Cadet
Can anyone test whether all the needle techs made it through?

Edit: I say this because I'm having trouble fidgeting (on 3DS) but I might just be messing up.

Edit 2: I've managed to do it at least once with all my specials, but I'm way less consistent and I don't know if its just me.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Can anyone test whether all the needle techs made it through?

Edit: I say this because I'm having trouble fidgeting (on 3DS) but I might just be messing up.
Yes pretty sure they all made it through

Skydra

Smash Cadet
Yes pretty sure they all made it through
Yeah, I can fidget into bfish ok now, I just needed to warm up. I was never good at the other techs, but grounded b-reverse was the same. If you've tested instant needle canceling and c-bouncing it looks like Sheik made it through this patch basically the same, other than the fair nerf.

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
So our warrior only got a fair nerf seems legit it also seems like fair into bouncing fish can connect earlier too. I'll except this trade Sakurai also where's is the sour spot on fair?

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
Can't test it yet but I think that it'll be situationally harder to string fair strings on characters somewhere in the 20-50% range. Nothing major, but it may throw off someone that's committed character specific percents to heart?

Uraniulvl

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been answered. Was landing lag added and if so how much. Also another important question if landing lag was changed was her autocancel frame changed. It was 11 for fair pre patch.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
Wait.

They decreased forward air damage? And didn't mess with the autocancel?

lol.

Kirbyguy[EVA01]

Smash Rookie
Not sure how to feel about this nerf. At least it isn't that bad since i was scared that sheik was going to get nerfed really hard.

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
Sorry if this has been answered. Was landing lag added and if so how much. Also another important question if landing lag was changed was her autocancel frame changed. It was 11 for fair pre patch.
I believe it's 2 frames add or something like that

Illuminose

Smash Ace
This isn't even a bad nerf, since when do you land with end lag when you have an 11 frame autocancel window. Everything basically works the same.

Can someone test needle end lag/kbg? I won't have access to my Wii U until Tuesday.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
So how will this likely affect Shiek in the future? Will she be able to kill with fair earlier? I do not use this character, but she's one of the most popular characters in the game, so I figured it was worth asking.

vypex

Smash Cadet
I think the trajectory of bouncing fish was changed after I connect or connect against shield I don't think I can travel as far back as I used to be able to just what I think has changed someone else want to test this out to verify

Euklyd

Smash Rookie
NNID
euklyd
Looking at the stuff people haven't already mentioned.

They switched the id's for the two different hits of fair around. I have no idea why they'd do that.

KBG goes from 125 --> 132. Assuming that KGB stands for knock back growth, I'd assume that this means that it'll get harder to keep people in fair strings at higher percentages. I need to record a bunch of replays before I update so if someone could try doing fair strings on both versions (1.0.9 and 1.10) to someone in training mode at 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50% that'd be awesome.
If I had to guess, it would be that they swapped which hitbox has priority over the other. But that's really just a complete shot in the dark.
Also remember that knockback scales with the damage that the move deals, so it's possible that the changes actually cause there to be less knockback at higher percents due to fair dealing less damage.

I ran some numbers on knockback but they don't make any sense; it looks like (according to the Brawl formula, at least, which afaik is accurate) Sheik's fair knockback changed only about 1% either way (depending on opponent's %; at low% it's a bit higher, at high% it's lower), but that doesn't seem right at all.
Could somebody else do their own calculations and confirm/deconfirm this?

Pastebin with my numbers.

Also, does anyone know where in the data one would find the landing lag changes?

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I really don't think her Fair endlag was changed at all, I can still just continuously use Fair constantly without even noticing any difference.

J0A0B

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2975-0850
I don't really understand the issue with Sheik's F-air change.

I mean I know the damage reduction is a significant change, that's a given. But does the additional landing lag really count as a major nerf? If she is able to continue her auto-cancelling and seemingly flawless F-air looped combos, then does the landing lag NOT change her overall strategy?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Doesnt the 11 in the data dump signify the landing frames? So it went up by one frame correct?

Also i know this is nitpicking but could you also stop saying auto cancel. It's just blatantly incorrect. Her fair does not auto cancel. Very few moves in this game AC besides Zairs.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
When will you lot finally receive the nerfs you deserve??

Us honorable Dedede mains suffer so much at your hands.
Your stupid fAir chop hands.

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Doesnt the 11 in the data dump signify the landing frames? So it went up by one frame correct?

Also i know this is nitpicking but could you also stop saying auto cancel. It's just blatantly incorrect. Her fair does not auto cancel. Very few moves in this game AC besides Zairs.
No her Fair does auto-cancel, you can immediately shield as soon as her fair ends, this was establish for quite some time @_@

Edit: Auto-canceling is the act of landing during the beginning or ending frames of an aerial attack, thereby circumventing the landing lag that would have occurred had the character instead landed during the middle of that attack's animation.

Auto-canceling an attack produces no more landing lag than a regular landing from an ordinary jump (of which the landing lag tends to be around 4-6 frames, a very short amount of time), whereas landing during the middle of an aerial attack almost always results in a significant delay before the character can act (raise a shield, jump, dodge, etc.) again.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You didnt cancel anything. The move finished its animation.

Its not your fault. It's a giant misnomer this entire community is into just because they always want to name every single game function, rule, or phenomenon.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Like all non-Sheik players, I found Sheik's treatment in this patch majorly disappointing. Minus points to Sakurai. With all the buffs he's given to the low tiers(though he's kidding himself if he thinks that's all they need), you'd have figured he'd have gone the full 9 yards and done something serious about Sheik.

Oh well. Have fun, ninjas.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You want characters to get nerf bombed?

Yo as a fellow new jerseyian I renounce you my dude. lolol

jam1garner

Smash Apprentice
When will you lot finally receive the nerfs you deserve??

Us honorable Dedede mains suffer so much at your hands.
Your stupid fAir chop hands.
Sheik isn't exactly "OP" or easy to pick up. Yes I think she is no doubt the best, but OP might be a stretch. To be honest, if needle damage is nerfed quite a bit next patch, sheik will be nerfed enough, as I don't believe sheik is too good in any way other than having range and rush down abilities (maybe her recovery too, but all Smash 4 recoveries are insane. But lower tiers have been getting a quite a few buffs recently, so I hope that DeDeDe gets buffed for you. I mean, look at Robin, he actually looks decent now, and Ike is on his way. May sakurai bring buffs your way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom