• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik matchup questions and tips

Pure99heisenberg

Smash Rookie
Hi guys,
long time unactive lurker here. I just bought a Wii and started playing with my cousin. I have some questions regarding marths matchup with sheik that I would really appreciate some help with. My cousin mains sheik and he keeps grabbing me at 80% for a guaranteed down/side throw into a absolutely anoying and overpowered f-air. I tried every type of DI but I just cant seem to get anything of them. I just started with PM and im selling my wii u because I absolutely love it.

Any tips on the sheik MU will be appreciated. I know im failing with DI mainly. Offensively I do fine approaching with some dash dance SHHFL nairs but every time I get to 80% its just a matter of time to get grabbed, f-aird and killed and I find it absolutely anoying for that to be a kill move that I cannot avoid.

Thanks in advance for your time and help :)!

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
I don't think that d/f throw to fair is guaranteed at 80% as long as you DI correctly. Usually away or down and away DI. Practice is key here, and it sounds like you realise that,so you're on the right path.

That being said, the best way to avoid it is to avoid the grab. Dash dance is very valuable, but use shffls sparingly, as sheik can get under them with a dash attack. Keep her out with tilts and don't forget that your grab range is huge, so if she tries to grab you, you can try to grab her right back. Also you can bait the grab and wavedash back or dash back pivot to punish.

So, sometimes, the question to ask isn't "what do I do when I get grabbed?" but rather "why am I getting grabbed?"

Abel SSB

Smash Cadet
as long as you grab ledge when she is getting back on to the stage you can usually get something.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
One word space because every local pm tourney I would fine a shiek player like your cousin after awhile I would fair them or dtilit them so they don't get that grab

Styro

Smash Rookie
Just remember that if Sheik is in your face you are going to lose. If sheik is within sword range then you are winning.

Top Bottom