• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Match-up

Deathrender

Smash Rookie
Oh god. I hate Sheik. I've had nothing but trouble playing against her since I picked up Mewtwo.

What are some good things to practice for the 20TuTu match-up?

blu2grut

Smash Cadet
Best advice I can give you is hold down a lot more. Almost everything Sheik does you can crouch cancel and punish. DI in general is extremely important against Sheik.

Deathrender

Smash Rookie
The problem is that when things come around to that, Sheik has multiple tools to beat that and my other neutral game options. If I CC dtilt, she just short hops over top of my dtilt or seems to outspace my utilt. HC bairs work well at keeping her out, too, but she just has to projectile me.

What should I do at higher percents when CC isn't an option? There has to be other ways of getting in.

Deathrender

Smash Rookie
Another problem I'm having with her is getting back on stage. Her moves come out so fast and cover as much range as mine do. I'm having trouble figuring out what to bait. My combo game against her is fine. It's during neutral and getting combo'd that I suffer.

Keep in mind I don't play at a high level. I just don't see how I can win this one reliably. Sheik just looks like she plays well for free.

blu2grut

Smash Cadet
Sheik is an easier character to combo with which might be discouraging. I would suggest using your shadow balls more and consider a more defensive playstyle and control space with hover canceled aerials. Hover canceled up air cover's lower mid to high approaches. When you get Sheik in the air do not let her get back down. You have lots of tools to keep her from getting down. Make sure you are getting edge guards on her because her recovery is predictable and free.

Last edited:

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Let see here OK so when playing Mewtwo his teleport pretty much beats shieks and his projectile does more damage plus hes dair can kill at low %

Ithnex

Smash Rookie
Sheik has a fairly linear recovery. You can exploit this simply by hopping on the ledge and they're forced to going on stage then you can simply run on and back throw them over and over again.

Top Bottom