• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik in Teams Play?

MegaFatcat100

Smash Cadet
I find Sheik to be underwhelming in teams, just in general. My partner plays fox. Combo strings, for instance, are much worse with the opposing teammate hitting you out of them. I have a pocket cloud, would that maybe be a better idea? Or am I going about things wrong?

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
You don't play combo sheik in doubles. You play support. A single needle can save your teamate from an edge gaurd. You aren't going to do combos, and you're gonna die early. But her strength in doubles is being able to make 2v1 situations happen a lot since she can box the other team mate away. Me and Katakiri do sheiks fthrow into his spike with whatever character he's using at the time. Just focus on protecting over combat

MegaFatcat100

Smash Cadet
You don't play combo sheik in doubles. You play support. A single needle can save your teamate from an edge gaurd. You aren't going to do combos, and you're gonna die early. But her strength in doubles is being able to make 2v1 situations happen a lot since she can box the other team mate away. Me and Katakiri do sheiks fthrow into his spike with whatever character he's using at the time. Just focus on protecting over combat
Thanks! Gonna keep this in mind!

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Support Sheik is the best way to go in doubles. Zip around the stage and if the game is in a state of two seperate 1 v 1s, try to position yourself center stage. This is an advantageous position because it not only puts the opponent in your 1 v 1 with their back to the edge, but it allows you to quickly save your partner and punish the other opponent. Being sandwiched in the middle of two fights might seem dangerous, but if you ever feel pressured, Sheik is quick enough to zip away to somewhere safer.

Let your partner know about the importance of needles. Needles, especially in high percents, puts opponent's in hit stun, allowing your partner to get a quick follow up that can possibly kill. This is extremely potent in both interupting opponent's combos and safely pressuring in 2 v 1s. It allows you to sit back in a 2 v 1, and if your opponent is in front of you while your partner is behind them (or you), you can throw out needles to complicate the opponent's game plan. It can force shields or jumps, in which your partner can easily punish too.

Learn how to become a stock tank and learn when to cut your combos short for the benefit of the team or your own safety. Sometimes, it's worth more to get just a single FAir on opponent 1 so you can pivot grab opponent 2 who looks a bit too eager to catch you off guard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom