• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik in dubs

sheikamaru

jive
i thought this thread could be used on the boards. i'm kilik and whenever i play dubs in tourney or singles, i use sheik :D anyway, i thought this thread could serve a purpose on this side of the boards just in case anyone was interested in using sheik in dubs. it would be cool if other professional sheik users could post some tips or critiques in here that would help too :D

i wanna start off by saying that sheiks main role imo in dubs is to get in, rack damage get out, gimp at any time possible by the use of her speed, and disrupt whenever your teammate is in trouble. sheik has the skills to do all these things said and is good at it imo

i have a vid posted of how i play sheik in dubs.. though i lost the match i know that sheik can get clutch in situations that she can most certainly come out on top with :D i'll try to post more sheik dub videos in this thread for more examples and information and what not lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxGXIiuho2k

sheikamaru

jive
wow my first response, i'm honored surpreme dirt :D but yea i've done odder teams... try sheik and yoshi lol.. that upload is coming soon hopefully to help demonstrate more of sheik in doubles :)

Judo777

Smash Master
wow my first response, i'm honored surpreme dirt :D but yea i've done odder teams... try sheik and yoshi lol.. that upload is coming soon hopefully to help demonstrate more of sheik in doubles :)
I have done sheik yoshi on several occaisions.

Judo777

Smash Master
punishing and damage racking mostly. We could both camp pretty well too.

sheikamaru

jive
ah i see. i'm always looking for an easy kill be it a fair or a simple edge guard in teams, always. my friend and i are trying sheik/zelda dubs too, i play sheik and he'll play zelda

Judo777

Smash Master
ah i see. i'm always looking for an easy kill be it a fair or a simple edge guard in teams, always. my friend and i are trying sheik/zelda dubs too, i play sheik and he'll play zelda
people love trying that all the time but sheik, zelda doesn't work that well lol. They both get man handled when trying to recover.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah Zelda's tricky. Have you tried to have him use Din's Fire on the recovering character to force an airdodge out of the opponent so you can predict -> fair him more easily? Maybe that might work out, I'm not sure :\

Sheik is pretty fun in teams, but has too little of a margin of error in doubles for my liking where tons of stuff can happen. Besides, I've got two characters that do tons better for teams lol.

sheikamaru

jive
Yeah Zelda's tricky. Have you tried to have him use Din's Fire on the recovering character to force an airdodge out of the opponent so you can predict -> fair him more easily? Maybe that might work out, I'm not sure :\
well... i'm usually using dins fire for more dmg output.. and when looking for a fair, i'm looking to kill basically it'd be to difficult to set up the dins fire to predicted air dodge butt.. my partners not smart enough to grab the opponent b/c i can sweet spot zeldas fairs easily :D

Sheik is pretty fun in teams, but has too little of a margin of error in doubles for my liking where tons of stuff can happen. Besides, I've got two characters that do tons better for teams lol.
i'm pretty sure i've heard of these margin of errors before.. but.. what are they? and that's cool, which 2 chars do you have for dubs anyway?

people love trying that all the time but sheik, zelda doesn't work that well lol. They both get man handled when trying to recover.
then.. we must be able to dominate to where our woman chars don't get man handled as easily.. Good teamwork and synergy is important to make any team work no matter what the tiers are.

she's just not good
et tu brute? who art thou!?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Margin of error means how many incorrect options/reads you can get punished for while still being able to plausibly jockey for a win.

Sheik, Marth, and Fox are considered fairly low in margin of error. You have to play on point and precise more or less, because of one or more reasons, like light weight, meh recovery, solid play but no huge gains, etc.

Lucario and Snake are about as high in that regard as it gets :p. Snake would probably be significantly worse if it weren't for the fact that incorrect guesses for snake don't nearly mean as much for him as it does his opponent most of the time. Lucario gives you psychological benefits and allows you to get slightly compensated for mistakes, which in turn become good to recall for patterns when you need to hard read for a kill (and he lives fairly long as well).

TKD

Smash Lord
You should discuss Sheik/MK. He can catch up to someone, he can wall, he can approach, and he doesn't stop dead in his tracks against a single Mach Tornado. Oh yeah and he doesn't need recovery support (if both chars had trouble recovering, there'd be a ton of momentum to lose throughout the match). I think 2ble MK is far from being the best team, but every team needs one.

sheikamaru

jive
You should discuss Sheik/MK. He can catch up to someone, he can wall, he can approach, and he doesn't stop dead in his tracks against a single Mach Tornado. Oh yeah and he doesn't need recovery support (if both chars had trouble recovering, there'd be a ton of momentum to lose throughout the match). I think 2ble MK is far from being the best team, but every team needs one.
i have never had a dubs match w/ a mk b4...well someone that does main mk at least. though i'm sure having mk as your partner greatly increases your chance of going farther down the bracket lol but yeathat wouldn't be bad i mean mks carry is far supieriour than that of sheiks. he also has good gimping and amazing recovery.. good pressure.. i mean the guys 2gud.

on a side note it's not that bad of an idea to switch to zelda to finish off high percent opponents off. what i started doing recently is i'll rack up dmg w/ sheik till i get said opponent somewhere over 100 that's if they are light chars. for heavy i wait till they hit at least110/120 b4 downb. the only problem is that you're vulnerable when doing the move. some options for you is either jumping high off stage using your dbl jump anddown b recover w/ zelda that's one option or have your partner protect you while you're transforming. having zelda in your pocket helps imo.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Having a pocket Zelda is good so long as your partner is still around to hold the opponent at bay so you can transform. Also, this requires your teammate to know attacks that clash out Din's because that's a great support move in teams.

sheikamaru

jive
pretty much when i change into zelda my partner is there down smashing like crazy b/c the opponents thought is to punish my transformation lag not even thinking about the other opponent hopefully lol. i know that like gnw his bair and up smash clashout w/ dins fire. not completely sure about other characters though lol :p

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sheik-MK isn't that great of a team imo.

But since Sheik isn't very good in teams to begin with....it is probably the best Sheik team possible.

sheikamaru

jive
well yea.. to tell you the truth i'm picking up fox for team play but i still use sheik here and there for mix ups and it's more fun w/ sheik imo. you just really need awsome reads on both your opponents and the best thing she can do is catch both players in her jabs and if you only catch on and the second opponent is rushing up behind you, what you do is predict them really. like for instance you time your jabs to stop or hope it stops in time and roll behind the approaching opponent and carry on from there. lol

i mean the odds might be against you because in high tier play your enemies are generally people that live long like snake or d3 or whoever so like it's not the fact that it's not possible it is very doable and fun as long as you and your teammate know what he/she is doing.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I feel Sheik's roll in dubs is to cover their partner and punish. Use her speed to your advantage

sheikamaru

jive
I feel Sheik's roll in dubs is to cover their partner and punish. Use her speed to your advantage
and don't forget to rack up damage quick or dps. and it's pretty easy especially in dubs b/c of the craziness from four people being on one platform fighting lol just a lot of jabs and tilts to finisher. maybe like one or two tilts to neutral air or auto canceled up air. do that a lot and you are doing insane damage. switch over to zelda at convenient times and finish off your enemy to be up in stocks :D

I want this threas to be a sticky!

sheikamaru

jive
Top Bottom