• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik/ Ice Climbers Matchup

jonnobigz

Smash Apprentice
Against Sheik, I tend to just hardcore camp/zone with bair. There's no reason to approach. If you can get a grab, she gets uair combod harder than most of the cast, hopefully leading to a kill. If you are caught in a techchase, try to spam upB to escape, or tech in place upB for mixups.

Against ICs, bair again, but be careful about shielding. Of course there's the threat of grabs, but shield poking is really prevalent in this matchup. If you can land a grab, cargo and jump away. It sounds basic but it easily separates the duo and helps you avoid their counterattack. I've found stomps in neutral often catch them off guard as well. Its not easy, but I don't hate this matchup.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Sheik you kinda have to approach, she camps much better than you. Bair isn't that safe unless she's airborne. Sheik can push whiffed Bairs just like how she punishes Marth's that just swing aerials (dash A, needles, dash grab). Play the matchup like a Marth, being grounded and focusing on dashdancing, grabs, crouch cancel baits, and dtilts. Cargo down throw at the edge works very well (forces her to double jump + upB/airdodge, which is punished by grabbing the edge and regrabbing).
Here's a vid of me vs Junebug's Sheik: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3ot2tEGRk

ICs you have to camp charge punch and Bairs. You want stages with platforms so you can jump away from them and charge your punch whenever you can + drop down Bair. Giant Punch and Down B wreck Nana. You can kinda jump around and wait for nana to desynch Blizzard and come in with a Bair or Punch. If you ever grab nana, jump of the stage, down throw, then up B or Nair her. Popo can't edgeguard DK well since you can just magnet/autograb the edge at a ranger longer than his Dsmash). This matchup is really lame lol.

Top Bottom