• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Sheik Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Notes:
Smash 4 hitboxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hitbox's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particuarly off and I'll check.

Sheik has a lot going on in some of her attacks. (Looking at you, up smash)
I feel that could have caused an error somewhere. In general they should be okay, but I want to get these as accurate as I can.

I can't get multijab atm.

Purple bubbles are defensive hitboxes.
Green bubbles show which bones are intangible.
Magenta are grab boxes.

Uploading to gfycat was the most annoying thing about making these... I might just stick with GIFs.

It's hard to tell, but their are 2 hitboxes in the same place at the start there.

Shiek is the first character I'm somewhat confident with grab box locations.
I think I finally got it working right.

(I hope this one is an error...)

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
These aren't gifs/gfys D:

edit: nvm, I have to open them in a new tab to see them, that's weird..

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
This. I've been waiting for this post for over a year now. Thanks, man.

These aren't gifs/gfys D:

edit: nvm, I have to open them in a new tab to see them, that's weird..
You can just right click on them and select "Show Controls".

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Furil Furil I wasn't expecting the dair hitbox to look like that. I was always under the impression that there is a "backside" hitbox that was also the spike hitbox, in Sheik's back foot.

Also, could that Vanish hitbox actually be the windbox, and the smaller circle inside is the actual disappearance hitbox?

And is the reappearance hitbox the same size as the disappearing one?

Thanks a lot for making this though! very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't expecting the dair hitbox to look like that. I was always under the impression that there is a "backside" hitbox that was also the spike hitbox, in Sheik's back foot.
I think the first hitbox is the one that spikes, then it's replaced by a slightly smaller normal one after like 4 frames.
Also, could that Vanish hitbox actually be the windbox, and the smaller circle inside is the actual disappearance hitbox?
Ah yes! That's probably it. I haven't added distinctions between hitboxes and windboxes yet...
And is the reappearance hitbox the same size as the disappearing one?
Oh, I must have missed that one. I'll try to get it soon...

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I'm a tad confused about what the defensive hitboxes do. On FAir and USmash for instance, they have the pink/purple bubbles on the arms but USmash also has bone intangibility so I'm a little confused as to what exactly is going on.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Are these GIFS free to use in other places? I want to use them inmy guide of that's alright with you.

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Vanish range being a body away seems SLIGHTLY bigger than I expected.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Those Vanish hitboxes are the 5% hit (small) and windbox (large) from the reappearance. The disappearance hit should look like this:

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
This is incredible thank you.
WondrousMoose WondrousMoose add this to the Sheikah Library if you haven't already, probably quite near the top.

Did I mention that this is incredible? <3

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Is this your work alone? Just want to know who to thank.

D

Deleted member

That's just awesome,how did you do it ?

And about the vanish,lighter red is the windbox :)

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
lol that f-air hitbox.

D-Smash is seriously tragic to watch, it might be one of the worst d-smashes in the game.

Comes out on frame 11 compared to 4 in Brawl and Melee, lacks a hitbox on the first kick, lasts for one frame only (lol?), 10 more frames of lag and abysmal power to back it up.

Seeing it in a match is as rare as a unicorn sighting,

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Great stuff! May I ask, how did you create all of these / get information/ visualized ... did any of it. what is the technique behind it? I'd really like to know :)

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Furil Furil i recommend adding a FAQ section to every thread u make like this shortly explaining how u got the info cuz it seems everyone is asking how ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yikarur

Smash Master
you can right click and press "show controls" and they the play button will appear
I don't have that option?..

and I'm pretty sure the fair hitbox is not correct. The disjoint is not that large. And beware that model changes are not included in the animation (her hand is "rock" in the gif, while it's "paper" in-game)

HimaBook

Smash Cadet
and I'm pretty sure the fair hitbox is not correct. The disjoint is not that large. And beware that model changes are not included in the animation (her hand is "rock" in the gif, while it's "paper" in-game)
I agree about shape of hand. But does disjoint mean the hitbox around hand? If so, I think size of the hitbox is reasonable as this fig,

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Yeah the hitbox seems to resemble what happens in game anyway. Fairly sure it's correct. I don't think the shape of the hand actually matters cuz it wont change the size of the hitbox (animation =/= hitbox)

HimaBook

Smash Cadet
Though perfect is better, shape of the hand is not priority IMO. But it's very important to know correctly, so @Yikarur's suggestion is valuable. We should note that shape of the hand is slightly different.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I'd like some of what the development/balance team were smoking when they programmed Sheik's Fair. I bet it was a fun time!

Also, wtf is up with that Vanish hitbox? I assume that the bigger part of it is the windbox, and the bit that just covers Sheik is the actual launching part?

Though it's interesting that her standing grab's hitbox doesn't quite reach to the end of her hand. I suppose that was to compensate for all the other huge hitboxes she has.

Nonetheless, Sheik looks to have very solid hitbox data, as expected. Good job OP.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh, that fair. I love that fair.
*Looks at signature, then avatar*
It's always great to get reminded why your character is the best.

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
Can someone post the fair 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 comparison in here? I forgot where I've seen it.

OathToAwesome

Smash Cadet
You're welcome.

At least maybe we'll get less salt from people saying that the character carried us?
To be honest I'm actually quite glad about this. Sheik's still a fantastic character that can beat everyone in the cast more than likely, so now my wins won't be thrown out as "lol Sheik is braindead just needle camp until 100% and dthrow 50/50".

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
If you could update this to have 1.1.5 fair range that'd be awesome :)
I imagine patches are quite frustrating when you do something like this.

Jaccck

Smash Rookie
was looking for needle and rising needle storm(fully charged), do you have anything like that or know where I could find it?

Top Bottom