• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik differences from melee

4tlas

Smash Lord
Fsmash is a combo move, transform is viable and takes time, dthrow has a different knockback angle that makes it not a chaingrab with DI, bthrow has a different knockback angle that makes it a chaingrab if they DI to get out of dthrow chaingrab, upthrow lets her act a little sooner.

Personally I also think PM chain is more useless than Melee or Brawl chains, but that could just be me.

Changelists are available in case I missed anything.

Edit: Dammit my internet dropped and I got ninja'd

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
The yellow Sheikah symbol on her Melee Red costume and the purple Sheikah symbol on her Melee Green costume swapped places. And with it, they've swapped places on the Sheik Costume Tier List. Purple Sheikah symbol just isn't viable. That red scarf on PM Blue has shot it up on my list, though. Please nerf that style, I can't keep living this double life of cheating on my beloved Default costume anymore.

Actually though. But on the real:

Her play in Melee revolved around D-throw chains. It's PAL D-throw now, so now she has to mix it up with B-throw to mess with opponents' DI. Further, since she can't tech chase them out of her D-throw knockdown, she becomes a lot more oriented around quickly comboing and then hitting away to reset to neutral, as opposed to like.

RAR B-air is a great spacing tool. RAR (reverse aerial rush) is a tech introduced in Brawl, where a character is dashing, turns-around, and then immediately jumps in the direction they were running. This lets them jump backwards in the direction they were running in, without losing much momentum. SHFFLing RAR Bairs is pretty great.

She has crawl+wall cling now, for what it's worth. Not many people use those, but maybe you can find something out of them. Footstooling is a useful change for some characters with falling or spiking D-airs, but that doesn't really apply to Sheik.

Needles have lost their...can't remember the politically correct term for it, but they've lost a lot of the priority they used to have in Melee. By that, I mean her projectile doesn't immediately cancel out every other projectile in the game like fully-charged M2 shadow ball or Samus charged shot. So you'll have to actually shield or avoid those like every other character in the game now...welp.

In PM, if you sweetspot the ledge, even if you're facing backwards you can grab it. Because of this, you can Shino Stall onto the stage and hit an opponent with the explosion, teleport back to the edge (facing away from the stage), and still grab it. This isn't super well-known about in PM meta yet, so use it sparingly. But if you ever do get caught wanting to shino stall by ledge (if you're that kind of guy aha), doing a quick one on stage to surprise an opponent can really screw up their momentum.

Down-B has also gotten a significant buff. Try it out sometime; lookup some combo vids and kneel before thy old maker.

4tlas

Smash Lord
I forgot about crawl and wall cling because they were in Brawl, so they feel natural to me because she uses her Brawl model!

Needles don't have a hurtbox anymore, which is what ECHOnce is trying to say. They don't clank out other projectiles unless their damage is within 8% of each other, like other moves.

All characters have gained a DACUS, RAR, and footstool. This gives Sheik a downwards killing option in footstool and a rapidly moving good range hitbox in RAR bair.

The apex of the jump of upB can grab backwards.

Thanks for filling in the holes I forgot ECHOnce!

Top Bottom