• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheet Music for an Orchestra

Saltix

Smash Lord
@ my high school orchestra, it is a tradition for the seniors to pick some of the music for the final concert. For 4 long years, I have DREAMED and WAITED of playing a song of my choosing for my final orchestra concert.

The problem is that I need sheet music for the -entire- orchestra (1st/2nd violin, viola, cello, bass). Does anyone know where to acquire SSBB/SSBM sheet music for an entire orchestra?
Is it possible to take an MP3 of a song and convert it for all the listed instruments? I've done it for violin before, but I'm unsure of the others.

Please help;

BTW; Off the top of my head, I'm quite partial to

Battlefield Theme
Melee Battlefield theme
Rainbow Cruise
Mother 3 theme (plays on Onett in SSBB)
Fountain of Dreams/100 Yard Hop (Fountain of dreams might sound better orchestrated)

I'll update the possible song list when I get home this weekend, and have access to my entire song library;
Help please :(

Handorin

Smash Hero
I wish our High School let us pick like this. =/

So I just googles this, but I don't know if it's the scale you want:
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gamecube/index-sz.html

That site has sound files of music, I believe, people put together. The Info has what parts.

http://individual.utoronto.ca/auyeun/vgsheetmusic.html
This link has a free program that will take those files and put it on sheet music. I couldn't really find a way to save the files on the first site, so I just posted the URL when I did "Open File" in the program.

Specifically, Fountain Of Dreams (3) (v2.0) looks like the one you would need to use.

The only Rainbow Cruise file on there just names everything "Staff #", so it isn't nearly as helpful.

Onett has a funk remix done. It's alright, but I don't know if it will quite fit.

Corneria (Orchestrated) is pretty good and has all the parts labeled.

That site didn't have Brawl, just Melee. You might want to clarify which BF songs you want, cause I think there a couple different versions in each game.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Dude. If you want a BEAST *** SONG, do "Raise Thy Sword" from Soul Calibur II

Fountain of Dreams will get you the most street cred.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Dude. If you want a BEAST *** SONG, do "Raise Thy Sword" from Soul Calibur II

Fountain of Dreams will get you the most street cred.
Yeah, I was thinking that of FoD as well, but that's not what I'm out for.
I'll check out Raise Thy Sword today; On a side note Phantasmagoria from SC4 is good too.

If you can get your school's chorus in this too, Liberi Fatali would be pretty epic.
btw what school do you go to? Since you live in GA..
Chorus wouldn't work :/
Peachtree Ridge
I still think final destination would be best imo
Brawl?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Fountain of Dreams would be sooo legit. I tried getting my high school band to play it but the directors were douche bags.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I couldn't find anything online. I don't know what kinds of sources band directors have, but you might try bringing the idea up with yours, and see if he can find anything.

Last resort: find some good midis, then find a good music composition program that'll load the different tracks into their separate parts. Go through and proofread to make sure it loaded properly, and possibly to make the music more manageable, then. print that sucker off.

I know that the music for Melee stuff exists out there, but it doesn't seem like it gets published. It's unfortunate, because I bet Nintendo could make bank by publishing their sheet music.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Using the site handorin posted up and then opening the midi files you can get there with a good sequencing program (I recommend finale) is your best bet. To really get a decent product though you'll probably have to take what you find there and double check it for accuracy - I know I wouldn't trust some donk on the internet to get everything right without making sure myself. You also may (read: most likely will) have to rewrite/transpose stuff to fit with the instrumentation you have to work with.

Other than finding the stuff in midi and working with them in finale or a similar program your only other real option is manually transcribing the stuff yourself, which is gonna be a lot of work (and may be beyond your musical abilities - I don't know how good your ear is, and transcribing large group stuff is not easy even for pretty experienced ears). That's the only way to get it off of an mp3 to my knowledge though, there's no computer program out there that'll do that for you.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I believe we're going to end up doing FoD;
My friend has a string quarted and a score; I have the recording
we're going to show it to my teacher tomorrow and hopefully sightread and decide by thursday :)

Top Bottom