• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheer's 10 Fox/Yoshi challenge results

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Not sure If this needs to be competitive events forum or not but feel free to move it.

The 10 fox challenge is where someone plays my fox 10 matches and we report the results on smashboards. For fun and to help with the tier list. Here are the results so far:

vs JaimeHR
- JaimeHR (Falcon) vs SheerMadness (Fox)
- Jaime wins 10-0. All dreamland. 4 frames of delay on p2p.

Mahie
- Mahie (Link) vs SheerMadness (Fox)
- SheerMadness wins 10-0 (8-0). Mahie forfeited games 9 and 10 cause we started to lag. 5 frames of delay via hamachi/p2p. About half hyrule half dreamland.

Anaki (someone on an alias dunno who though)
- Anaki (Falcon/Fox) vs SheerMadness (Fox)
- SheerMadness wins 6-4. On kaillera both with 4 frames. All dreamland. Not sure who's underneath the alias.

Star King
- Star King (Fox) vs SheerMadness (Fox)
- Star King wins 8-2. On kaillera, Star King (2 frames) and SheerMadness (4 frames). Mostly hyrule, 2-3 dreamland. Most of the matches down to the last stock, he had superior edgeguarding and recovery (and combos, but I don't think that was the difference).

- Star King (Pikachu) vs SheerMadness (Yoshi)
- Star King wins 8-2. On kaillera, Star King (3 frames) and SheerMadness (4 frames). Mostly dreamland, 2 peach's castle matches.

Chain-Ace (Eggers St)
- Eggers St (Fox) vs SheerMadness (Fox)
- SheerMadness wins 7-1. On kaillera, Eggers St (3 frames) and SheerMadness (4 frames). Mostly dreamland, 1 hyrule match. He pinged out during game 9 and never came back.

thegreginator
- thegreginator (Pikachu) vs SheerMadness (Fox)
- thegreginator wins 7-3. On kaillera, thegreginator (1 frame) and SheerMadness (3 frames). All dreamland.

Bear
- Bear (Falcon) vs SheerMadness (Fox)
- Bear wins 6-4. On p2p 6 frames. Mix of stages.

battlecow
- battlecow (Falcon) vs SheerMadness (Fox)
- SheerMadness wins 6-4. On kaillera, battlecow (1 frame) and SheerMadness (4 frames). Mostly dreamland, 1 peach's castle and 1 hyrule.

- battlecow (Falcon) vs SheerMadness (Yoshi)
- SheerMadness wins 6-4. On kaillera, battlecow (1 frame) and SheerMadness (4 frames). Mostly dreamland, but kongo, peach's castle, and hyrule mixed in.

Nintendude1189
- Nintendude 1189 (Mario) vs SheerMadness (Fox)
- Tied 5-5. Nintendude won the tiebreaker. All dreamland. On kaillera both with 2 frames of delay.

Sangoku
- Sangoku (Falcon) vs SheerMadness (Yoshi)
- SheerMadness wins 9-1. Dreamland/hyrule. On p2p with 5 frames of delay.

B-Link
- B-Link (Kirby) vs SheerMadness (Yoshi)
- SheerMadness wins 8-2. All dreamland/peach's castle. On kaillera B-Link (3 frames) and SheerMadness (2 frames).

A$
- A$ (Pikachu) vs SheerMadness (Fox)
- A$ wins 7-3. Mostly dreamland/hyrule but 1 peach's castle. On p2p with 2 frames each.

I'll do the 10 Fox challenge vs anyone who wants to. I may even do a 10 Yoshi challenge if someone asks. Post here if you want in!

dandan

Smash Lord
i was amazed at the mahie result, him taking none is surprising, then i saw it was link, still, good job sheer.
i doubt i will take the challenge on :p

SheerMadness

Smash Master
We haven't gotten 3 frames in years. But we can try to spoof down or something I guess.

Also if anyone wants to do their own 10 whatever challenges I can post their results here.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'll take a piece of that challenge

Edit: Only if I can play on server or get 2 frames on p2p, tho

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I am in the Euro group but I almost never go on there. Better to pm on here or find me on the north american server.

Anyone who wants a 10 fox challenge pm me or find me on kaillera.

The Star King

Smash Hero
i was amazed at the mahie result, him taking none is surprising, then i saw it was link, still, good job sheer.
i doubt i will take the challenge on :p
Pfft, I got this with Link.

I'll try to take this challenge with as many characters as possible. AWWWW YEAAHHHH

:phone:

Mahie

Smash Lord
GGs Sheer, that kind of Fox is so annoying to deal with. I'd definitely like some more games, Link - Fox again.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Looking forward to it Starry.

Mahie most people struggle with my laser game. Some don't though. Like Jaime, ask him to how to deal with it.

Sorry Aussies too much delay. :(

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'll 10 Fox challenge any of your characters.

Kind of surprising you want to do 10 matches in a row with one character. You've pretty much always just played 1 game then switch with each of your chars, win or lose.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Like I said, I'm doing this with as many characters as possible.

I used Fox last time. Who should I USE NEXT? This thread should decide.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
You had 10 straight games of Fox dittos? Bleargh.

Go Pikachu for some LEET TENT COMBOS as they're known as down here.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yo, my bad sheer. My parents shut off the internet in the middle of our challenge. I'm down to finish games 9 and 10 if you want to.

DMoogle

A$
I'll 10 Fox challenge any of your characters.

Kind of surprising you want to do 10 matches in a row with one character. You've pretty much always just played 1 game then switch with each of your chars, win or lose.
I like variety, and I always figured most of my opponents like it too. *shrug*

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Sounds good people. PM on here or find me on kaillera.

Star King wanna do a 10 Yoshi challenge with your Pika? I'm kinda interested to see how that would go.

Not sure why you'd think people like you switching after 1 game lol? I'm sure a ton a people get salty if you pwn them then switch with no rematch.

In my best effort to not sound elitist... I'm open to 10 Yoshi challenges vs people/characters that my Fox struggles against.

DMoogle

A$
Not sure why you'd think people like you switching after 1 game lol? I'm sure a ton a people get salty if you pwn them then switch with no rematch.
If someone wants a rematch, usually they tell me by pressing start immediately at the character select screen, in which case, I oblige. If you ever want a rematch, just do that or tell me in chat.

And I don't always switch. I like rematches sometimes too.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
The 10 Fox challenge is INTENSE. Sheer's Fox is just so efficient. Had some close games. Sign me up for the 10 Yoshi challenge next.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I used to switch after every game.

But now I switch every TWO games.

TAKE NOTES, DMOOGLE.

Sometimes I'll play more in a row if the opponent is good/I think I'll be playing them for a long time/I'm practicing the character or match-up.

Sure, I'll do that, Sheer. I'M DOWN FOR ANY CHALLENGE. Your Yoshi is more interesting, better, and cooler than your Fox, anyways.
:phone:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I always prefer to get at least 2 matches before the opponent switches, because the first match is typically warm-up / feel out the opponent. Also there's some people out there that go super tryhard with their main in the first match, then after winning switch to some character they aren't that good with, which is kind of irritating.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Dang, Nintendude approved. FLAWLESS VICTORY.

I'm unable to post in a serious tone in this thread.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I like playing just one character per day so I can really warm up with them and learn all the matchups better.

Sangoku

Smash Master
5 frames with Mahie, 6 frames with Bear... I thought you could get 4 with Europeans =/. I think Maddy once said that. Maybe I'll take the challenge if I don't lag one day...

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Sheer, if you don't mind my connection, I'll play a set of 10...also, slight chances of being able to play with 0 lag for now.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'll play up to 6 frames with europeans. I can get 4 frames with some europeans, it just depends where they're located.

Koro if we can play lag free im down.

Characters I knew my Fox would struggle with:

Falcon
Kirby
Pikachu

To make it more interesting I'll do 10 Yoshi challenges with anyone who beats my Fox. =]

EDIT: My last controller is getting very close to dying though. So hopefully I can get another fairly quickly or the challenges might have to cease for a while.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wow Bear beat Sheer's Fox with Falcon? o_o Dang.

I kinda want to take it now.
No offense to Sheer, but his Fox isn't very good against Falcon at all, from what I've seen.

EDIT: Oh just saw the post above me, guess this was UNNECESSARY.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Everybody picking Falcon it seems like. Trying to take advantage of my weakness. Touche.

Characters I predict my Yoshi will struggle with:

Falcon
Kirby

Battlecow

Play to Win
I always play Doug. Has nothing to do with you being weak against him.

Also, 90% of your "weakness" in those matches was failing to DI out of fthrow-fair-uair-upB.

GGs to the max, btw.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Well I don't edgeguard under like 90% either. It's no fun.

But you're right I'm not great at getting out of Falcon combos.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
There's been a lack of challenges lately. Where you guys at?

10 Yoshi challenges are starting too.

Top Bottom