• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

She isn't very good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityZERO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CeroCulpa
3DS FC
0447-5489-0482
I'm pretty surprised at this. Corrin/Kamui is a beast and I'm trying to figure out what to do with her. The Smashes are not useable on punish, unless you've hit with Witch Time. And the only other kill options seem to be Nair and Bair. Her weight is very light. I'm not a Smash God by any means, but she is crazy weak. I wish her Bullet Arts came out faster too and with more distance, like Fox's Blaster.

DarkSKY

Smash Rookie
Imo // it just takes a bit of spacing and patience to use her // She has a good combo throw and she can edge guard just fine.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
If only she had a dair that kills at 80%. If only she had insane aerial mobility and combo game.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
She has good combos
She has good kill options at virtually any percent above 60
She has a great recovery
She has a bull**** counter
She has a SH laser
What the hell are you talking about, she is easily high tier

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Her bullet arts aren't spammable which is sad but Witch Time is crazy, smashes are huge, and some of the combos are realllllllly free.

But those combos are hard to execute. They're not hard to land, mind you.

Reserving judgement but I wouldn't call her bad, no.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I thought similarly until I spent a good 30 minutes with her in practice mode.

For one, she's got God-like offstage game due to ridiculous aerials, combos, and a fantastic recovery.

Her smashes are super slow, so I'd reserve them for Witch Time. Down smash is a good ledge-guard option, especially on opponents with mediocre recoveries (Quick Draw with Ike is death sentence).

She's also got projectiles out the yin-yang, so it forces her opponents to approach if you play her carefully.

Witch Time in and of itself is just stupid good.

Most of all, her combo game is on-point. I found an easy 0-40 true combo. Grounded up-air, up tilt x2, fair x3. And that's just one of many combos she has.

She's good. She'll be similar to Ryu in that not many will play her seriously, but those who do will be terrifying to play against.

Cornbrd

Smash Cadet
She is a combonation of Sheik ZSS and Ryu imo

Sheik's aerials, ZSS combos, and Ryu difficulty.

For real though she's easily A tier, S tier on par with Sheik in my opinion. (Might be Sheik cp with needles vs witch time o.0)

It's only day 1 though we'll have to see her develop.

Edit: spelling gg

Last edited:

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Her crouch is god tier. It's above D3's for sure.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I don't know. Nairo is making Bayo look freaking broken by destroying Shofu. Players are finding 0 to Death combos that is making top players like Dabuz upset. We will see when the time comes. Either Bayo becomes the new Ryu or Pre Patch Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Giova

Smash Cadet
I think she is the 2nd best in the game above zss and rosa... She is craaaazy good... Her lack of (sheik) frame data doesnt feel, unless your boxing close.. Stay away and do her bread and butter combos (Sideb upb sideb up b aerials) they are easy to land.

She has a lot of setup kills, grounded upair > upair, uptilt>upair, grounded side b >(upair, backair), witch time > anything you want, fair>untech >fsmash, sh>dair for a quick kill (kills fox at 60% on the ledge without rage craaazy)

Ijuka

Smash Ace
up tilt(sour spot) -> aerial forward B up B aerial forward B -> aerials is a very cool anti air combo.

I'm not even entirely sold on sheik being better than her to be honest. She has so much aerial trickery to get out of combos as well and her double jump is one of the best in the game if not the best.

Dtilt(hold) also does 10% damage quickly if you hold for the entire duration. You obviously won't be able to get that off often but it can reliably be used to catch them landing, for example.

The recovery with the glitch is disgusting as well.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Too early to say for sure just yet, but she is looking mighty beast, I'll admit.

I dont think she'll end up like ryu, where he's really good but no one plays him because of the amount of execution required, but I do think she'll be harder to learn than cloud (seriously, everyone has a pocket cloud these days).

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I think you must be high or have no real knowledge of the game if you think that. She has a ridiculously good, ridiculously safe bair, MANY ways to confirm into it,including combos which will kill under 100 with it, she has a very safe counter that rewards you for countering quick moves, she has a good projectile,the list just goes on and on.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
She definitely feels unique. She doesn't really play like any one other character is the game, and she takes getting used too. Her potential is insane. Can we talk about her nair though? Full hop, short hop mindgames with this move are amazing. I've been using as a main defense option.

Plus she can cancel the bullet climax charge, which is such a great option to have in the neutral.

Her uair is a all in one frame trap too.

She seems pretty good.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I dunno if it's because I played the original bayonetta game (to 100% completion, I might add, which includes beating nonstop infinite climax, which is basically very hard mode without witch time; in short, I know my bayonetta), but she feels very natural to me. [/brag]

I've watched some videos, such as ZeRo's impressions, and it seems people dont quite get how she works, which is understandable. I guess when you play shiek aka ms. i-can-do-anything-i-want-cuz-frame-data all the time, bayo must seem like an anomoly.

Last edited:

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
The biggest thing that takes getting used to is her recovery, from the looks of things. I spent the last 4 hours on FG, and every single Bae was easy to beat once I got them offstage. Nobody remembers how to combine her moves to maximize her recovery because it's so different from the norm.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
Everything about her is pretty freaking amazing, especially her aerials that can pressure you opponent with BA. Burning Kick may be hard to combo in the air, but I feel that will just need to take time to adapt to like when Ryu came out. She will definitely be shown for her true potential in tournament play, and I feel she easily can be in top 5 atm, but it's probably too soon to tell.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm pretty surprised at this. Corrin/Kamui is a beast and I'm trying to figure out what to do with her. The Smashes are not useable on punish, unless you've hit with Witch Time. And the only other kill options seem to be Nair and Bair. Her weight is very light. I'm not a Smash God by any means, but she is crazy weak. I wish her Bullet Arts came out faster too and with more distance, like Fox's Blaster.
Sheik is also weak

Trainer_Nate

Smash Rookie
She is no where close to being "not very good". If you activate witch time and the opponent is at around 70? (Give or take) You can get 2 smash attacks if witch time was fresh and not spammed. Which I imagine many Bayo users off boards are trying to pull off. Her ABK combos work at insanely high percents. At mid to high %'s SH uair to bair is great (I think ABK can be strung in the combo? Lazy to check right now). Bullet arts force the opponent to approach unless they are for example Cloud or Shiek.
In terms of recovery it is insane...Jump, upB, Jump, UpB, ABK.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I wish people would stop trying to label the viability of a character ON THE FIRST DAY and just talk about what tools she has. It's clear that Bayonetta has a very elaborate playstyle behind her and this is going to take time before we can actually place her anywhere.

tl;dr: Play the game. Share your results.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
She is a combonation of Sheik ZSS and Ryu imo

Sheik's aerials, ZSS combos, and Ryu difficulty.

For real though she's easily A tier, S tier on par with Sheik in my opinion. (Might be Sheik cp with needles vs witch time o.0)

It's only day 1 though we'll have to see her develop.

Edit: spelling gg
Ryu is wayyyy easier than Bayonetta(coming from someone who never played her games).

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I had a pretty good idea of what we'd be getting.

She's a character with tools. She can do an utter crap-ton of stuff, and this fact isn't really being challenged. Just because she can doesn't mean you will. Not without some hard effort, you won't.

Sakurai gave us all the textbooks, pencils, paper, encyclopedias, (so to speak) and all of the tools to become an utter monster. But what purpose is all of that--how could you expect to know the entire "class"--when you don't thoroughly study the material?

She's hard, not weak, from what we've been shown so far.

Last edited:

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
She just came out, it's kinda early to make judgments about her being bad or whatnot. Regardless I really enjoy playing with her and am excited to learn more about the character and master using her.

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
My biggest issue with her is her weight. I was bodying a Corrin, got hit by two counters from Corrin in rage and it ended a stock, I was at 13% before either of the counters hit and Corrin hadn't hit me between the counters. I proceeded to lose a game I was dominating from occasionally eating a raw power attack. Like I died to the bite on neutral B at some ridiculously low percent. I wasn't familiar enough with Corrin to avoid both the projectile and the bite so part of it is on me, but the fact that I lost both stocks to about 3 hits each kind of turns me off. I didn't even feel like Mewtwo died this early when I played him. So I'm really curious what her weight actually is.

EDIT: Maybe it isn't as bad as all that. I just brought Bayonetta and Shiek into FD with Ness. It took 90% to backthrow Bayonetta from the edge with Ness and 89% to backthrow Sheik. Any decrease on either and they will survive. So Bayonetta is at least a bit heavier than post-patch Sheik. I guess this makes her about the weight of pre-patch Sheik, which makes sense.

Last edited:

Stylin'

Smash Rookie
I thought similarly until I spent a good 30 minutes with her in practice mode.

For one, she's got God-like offstage game due to ridiculous aerials, combos, and a fantastic recovery.

Her smashes are super slow, so I'd reserve them for Witch Time. Down smash is a good ledge-guard option, especially on opponents with mediocre recoveries (Quick Draw with Ike is death sentence).

She's also got projectiles out the yin-yang, so it forces her opponents to approach if you play her carefully.

Witch Time in and of itself is just stupid good.

Most of all, her combo game is on-point. I found an easy 0-40 true combo. Grounded up-air, up tilt x2, fair x3. And that's just one of many combos she has.

She's good. She'll be similar to Ryu in that not many will play her seriously, but those who do will be terrifying to play against.
Spot on with that Ryu comment.the kind of character with a unique playstyle that becomes more unheard of, but will turn out to be really good imo. I imagine we won't be seeing her in for glory too much

Gaxel

Smash Ace
The only gripe I have with her is that her ground moves are considerably punishable. All her aerials are fairly safe. I feel like if you played the bayonetta games, you get used to her quite easily. A lot of her combos can be easily DI'd out of too. I think it's safe to say she's top ten, I don't think she is a sheik or zss killer because of how punishable she is on ground. Other than that, she's very well-rounded in speed, power, range and combos. She's a really good character and I disagree with OP.

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
The only gripe I have with her is that her ground moves are considerably punishable. All her aerials are fairly safe. I feel like if you played the bayonetta games, you get used to her quite easily. A lot of her combos can be easily DI'd out of too. I think it's safe to say she's top ten, I don't think she is a sheik or zss killer because of how punishable she is on ground. Other than that, she's very well-rounded in speed, power, range and combos. She's a really good character and I disagree with OP.
You could probably space the dash attack to cross up enough on shield that they can't pivot grab or f-smash you (unless you're like playing marth or corrin or something).

Down tilt is basically like Mewtwo's d tilt, maybe a bit faster, could be an okay combo starter.

I mostly start strings with F-tilt combo though. Try to hit confirm with the first hit and if I get it I f tilt combo which ends with a launcher, then I go for full hop fair combo.

It's pretty day 1ish, but it's something.

Her side b is also probably safe on shield with how fast it is on the ground, but I don't have any data to back that up.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
You could probably space the dash attack to cross up enough on shield that they can't pivot grab or f-smash you (unless you're like playing marth or corrin or something).

Down tilt is basically like Mewtwo's d tilt, maybe a bit faster, could be an okay combo starter.

I mostly start strings with F-tilt combo though. Try to hit confirm with the first hit and if I get it I f tilt combo which ends with a launcher, then I go for full hop fair combo.

It's pretty day 1ish, but it's something.

Her side b is also probably safe on shield with how fast it is on the ground, but I don't have any data to back that up.
Agreed, but I still feel like she doesnt have much priority on her ground moves. For instance, I noticed when I played corrins (havent played as them yet), I think the nair (the one where they take out two swords and twirl them) looks like it just cuts through all bayo's ground moves, also yoshi's nair and a few other characters. I like using on the ground: bside > bup > bside > bside > bair for a 0-45 combo if they DI poorly.

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
Agreed, but I still feel like she doesnt have much priority on her ground moves. For instance, I noticed when I played corrins (havent played as them yet), I think the nair (the one where they take out two swords and twirl them) looks like it just cuts through all bayo's ground moves, also yoshi's nair and a few other characters. I like using on the ground: bside > bup > bside > bside > bair for a 0-45 combo if they DI poorly.
Yoshi's nair is kind of an anomaly. It's like the best combo breaking aerial in the game, so saying it gets beat by Yoshi's nair isn't super surprising.

Also Corrin's aerials are pretty heavy on the damage and they are disjointed, so I'm not too surprised you are having issues with that. I'm sure we'll have a better idea how to deal with it when we know the characters a bit better. It may rely on just spacing sh nairs to get in.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
She has an insane learning curve, just practice and you'll be fine.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Are we playing the same game?

I dont think we are.

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
I'm really enjoying playing her. She flows well and there's so much stuff that I haven't even mastered yet. I feel like she has the potential to be at least as good as ryu (in the right hands, a.k.a. trela, ryu is a beast, and I think that'll be the same with bayonetta).

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
My biggest issue with her is her weight. I was bodying a Corrin, got hit by two counters from Corrin in rage and it ended a stock, I was at 13% before either of the counters hit and Corrin hadn't hit me between the counters. I proceeded to lose a game I was dominating from occasionally eating a raw power attack. Like I died to the bite on neutral B at some ridiculously low percent. I wasn't familiar enough with Corrin to avoid both the projectile and the bite so part of it is on me, but the fact that I lost both stocks to about 3 hits each kind of turns me off. I didn't even feel like Mewtwo died this early when I played him. So I'm really curious what her weight actually is.

EDIT: Maybe it isn't as bad as all that. I just brought Bayonetta and Shiek into FD with Ness. It took 90% to backthrow Bayonetta from the edge with Ness and 89% to backthrow Sheik. Any decrease on either and they will survive. So Bayonetta is at least a bit heavier than post-patch Sheik. I guess this makes her about the weight of pre-patch Sheik, which makes sense.
Tbh she is imo heavier that she should be consider yourself lucky she is what weight she is she should be lighter

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
Tbh she is imo heavier that she should be consider yourself lucky she is what weight she is she should be lighter
I just wasn't expecting to get hit by a counter at around 50%, go to about 75% off the counter and die. This just tells me that Corrin's counter is stupid strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom