• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah saw the trailer on the stream. Will be a metroidvania, canon, and have online multiplayer.

Waiting for the trailer to be online for posting

Edit: trailer is up

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Have there been any notable metroidvanias with full multiplayer since Kirby & The Amazing Mirror?

Thankfully, it looks like a proper game. Both RWBY and Wayforward have a history with games of the "shovelware" vareity. Granted, Wayforward's is just that one Bakugon game that may have convinced Nintendo to let them remake Advance Wars, but still...
I'm pretty sure Nintendo was more inspired by Wayforward's work on Shantae for Advance Wars than anything. I've also not heard good things about that Trollhunters game they made.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Have there been any notable metroidvanias with full multiplayer since Kirby & The Amazing Mirror?

I'm pretty sure Nintendo was more inspired by Wayforward's work on Shantae for Advance Wars than anything. I've also not heard good things about that Trollhunters game they made.
There was a castlevania game on ps3 i played with my 2 friends. It was like a mix of all the castlevania games, and you played as any if the protags from past games. Blanking on the name atm.

And i dont think anyone would say everything wayforward has worked on is perfect. That made some bad games too. Its just they have a pretty solid track record for more bettwr games then bad

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

You're probably right. I was just making a joke about when Nintendo announced that they would be showing off a new Wayforward game, and everybody assumed it was a Nintendo IP.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Something to drop if you didn't know, Nickelodeon has a trailer for their Smash Bros version of their all star characters. Guess that artwork based on Ultimate's box art a year ago was a sign.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Something to drop if you didn't know, Nickelodeon has a trailer for their Smash Bros version of their all star characters. Guess that artwork based on Ultimate's box art a year ago was a sign.
XJ9 and Tito from rocket power playable or we riot /s

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, honestly I don’t know if I’m comfortable with that. I’m kind of afraid if Nickelodeon is ripping off Nintendo like that or showing off because I heard the online for it is going to be much better than Smash online. Might as well call Nintendo authorities and locate Nick for a nice friendly discussion lol

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hmm, honestly I don’t know if I’m comfortable with that. I’m kind of afraid if Nickelodeon is ripping off Nintendo like that or showing off because I heard the online for it is going to be much better than Smash online. Might as well call Nintendo authorities and locate Nick for a nice friendly discussion lol
I mean, from the way they worded it, not all versions will have rollback netcode...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
XJ9 and Tito from rocket power playable or we riot /s
Agreed on Jenny; she absolutely NEEDS to be playable in this!

Otherwise, this has actually been growing on me. Keeping my fingers crossed that it ultimately proves to at least be "good".

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly its nintendos fault for not having good netcode or internet services. So maybe other companies giving them a challenge may have them up their game in the future.

And this isnt a rip off. Otherwise brawlhalla and slap city and rivals of aether are rip offs as well.

Agreed on Jenny; she absolutely NEEDS to be playable in this!

Otherwise, this has actually been growing on me. Keeping my fingers crossed that it ultimately proves to at least be "good".
I saw Korra on the cover and she will be my main, but Jenny is a high hope for me. I also hope we see queen Vexus, Angry Beavers and glitch techs

Edit: also, i saw somewhere that it said nick/nick jr was part of this, so i would love to see Blue and Dora

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm hoping that Ren and Stimpy (well, Powder Toast Man is here. Still......) or Cat and Dog are a part of the roster.

Plus, if the netcode for Nickelodeon can operate better then Smash Bros Online, then it may push the idea more of Nintendo improving online services and servers.

Edit: adding the theme song for the two I brought up.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm hoping that Ren and Stimpy or Cat and Dog are a part of the roster.

Plus, if the netcode for Nickelodeon can operate better then Smash Bros Online, then it may push the idea more of Nintendo improving online services and servers.
If you look at the cover for the game, you can see Korra, catdog, and ren and stimpy and maybe Aang below Korra

GUEST_bcba0778-62b3-407b-9e3c-8a566b54fbbd~2.jpg

Dukefire

Smash Master
If you look at the cover for the game, you can see Korra, catdog, and ren and stimpy and maybe Aang below Korra

View attachment 322690
Well, like Ultimate said for E3 2018. Everyone is Here. Present and old nick shows are coming. Could it also mean the Rabbids are coming too?

They did have their own show on Nickelodeon. Though, it is up to Ubisoft if they allow them to appear.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well, like Ultimate said for E3 2018. Everyone is Here. Present and old nick shows are coming. Could it also mean the Rabbids are coming too?

They did have their own show on Nickelodeon. Though, it is up to Ubisoft if they allow them to appear.
Well, we also had a kung fu panda show on nick, and the penguins of Madagascar, and Nick owns Garfield now too.

Honestly i think its probably going stick to mostly nick owned. Dont think we will see rabbids, but we may see penguins, maybe kung fu panda, but thats a stretch. Garfield actually has a high chance lol.

I do think it will be mostly cartoons, nick and nick jr.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, we also had a kung fu panda show on nick, and the penguins of Madagascar, and Nick owns Garfield now too.

Honestly i think its probably going stick to mostly nick owned. Dont think we will see rabbids, but we may see penguins, maybe kung fu panda, but that's a stretch. Garfield actually has a high chance lol.

I do think it will be mostly cartoons, nick and nick jr.
We will see once Fall rolls over. Still, surprised that Nick owns Garfield when The Garfield Show was on Cartoon Network at the time.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Fun fact: Winx Club is considered a Nicktoon...

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
This is a reminder that this is a Shantae thread, and here is a piece of fanart by Kira-Vera.
Seriously guys, we have a dedicated thread for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl now. I get that there’s nothing much to speculate about regarding our girl, now that the :ultmiifighters::ultbrawler: costume is here, but I felt like bringing up the Nick thread’s existence was necessary. Sorry if I was obnoxious about this.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
To keep the thread Shantae related -

I’ll be starting the Shantae Mii NG+ run of World of Light Hard Mode next weekend! Had a long time with work since I’m taking the next week off to visit some family, so I’ll be hitting the ground running and documenting the interesting bits here. A promise is a promise!

zferolie

Smash Hero
So today the udon Shantae artbooks go live for preorder. anyone know what time? I want one of those 400 gold foil covers...

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Whys the udon preorders page empty it previously had all the featured items on there.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
**** i accidentally ordered six Shantae pins, I mean I still managed to get the set of six and the SDCC Shantae art book so I'm good on that but I CAN cancel an order from udon store right by replying to the email confirm they send?

zferolie

Smash Hero
i only grabbed the book. not much of a pin guy. I also grabbed 2 shantae shirts, but the older ones, not the newer ones

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I definitly dislike the Fact that male shantae miis get breasts they really just shouldve either removed the top or change it more so that it looks more close To links gerudo outfit or somethin!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Can anyone log in to the UDON store? I cant find ANY button anywhere on there to log in even though I remember doing so last night.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Shantae and the Seven Sirens Cleared! This series has cute characters! interesting! Easy to play! I recommend it to all game fans!
@MrBozon Mr @SESKOU
Thank you very much for your wonderful game! Thank you for following me! #Shantae

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, we can take for granted that WF will make a more concerted effort in the background to try and get Shantae picked as one of the first Western third-party picks for the next game, but here's food for thought. Since the next Shantae game would most likely be made for the next Nintendo console in mind before anything else, would a Smash appearance mainly promote that?

So today the udon Shantae artbooks go live for preorder. anyone know what time? I want one of those 400 gold foil covers...
SDCC version came before the standard one, which has yet to appear outside of Amazon
Well, this figures.

Dukefire

Smash Master
That all depends on Nintendo if another entry of Smash Bros is being created. Plus, who will be piloting the ship after Sakurai steps down influence the choices as well.

Also, I know it is off topic, but Blaster Master Zero 3 will be arriving in less then a week on Thursday. For those that are interested.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
That all depends on Nintendo if another entry of Smash Bros is being created. Plus, who will be piloting the ship after Sakurai steps down influence the choices as well.

Also, I know it is off topic, but Blaster Master Zero 3 will be arriving in less then a week on Thursday. For those that are interested.
Considering how much of a pretty mint Nintendo made with Smash Ultimate of over 23 million units sold both physically and digitally? It almost seems inevitable that they'll want a Smash 6. Though yeah, it'll mostly depend on what Sakurai does after Ultimate finishes development. I say he's earned his rest and if he doesn't want to do Smash 6, then leave him be. If he wants to be an advisor while another developer tries their hand at Smash, then he should be the advisor.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's no doubt in my mind that there'll be another Smash entry. It just won't come any time soon, so I presume that we'll have to wait around a decade before we hear of it. Just hoping that Sak figures out what to do with his life by then, it would be kind of sad for him to just sit around with nothing to do besides play games and spend time with his wife.

Considering how much of a pretty mint Nintendo made with Smash Ultimate of over 23 million units sold both physically and digitally? It almost seems inevitable that they'll want a Smash 6. Though yeah, it'll mostly depend on what Sakurai does after Ultimate finishes development. I say he's earned his rest and if he doesn't want to do Smash 6, then leave him be. If he wants to be an advisor while another developer tries their hand at Smash, then he should be the advisor.
I'd put my money on Shinya Kumazaki. He'd be more willing to add new Kirby characters, seeing as Sak seems to have little to no familiarity with the material he wasn't involved with.

What I wonder about is if the development team itself will come from a new company again. That happened in the interim between Melee and Brawl, then Brawl and 4.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Already have mine in the form of the GBC standard pack. I will eventually start finding the other physical copies for the Shantae titles.

Plus, I'm getting ready for BMZ (Blaster Master Zero) 3 coming in 2 days.

Last edited:

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Already have mine in the form of the GBC standard pack. I will eventually start finding the other physical copies for the Shantae titles.

Plus, I'm getting ready for BMZ (Blaster Master Zero) 3 coming in 2 days.
I didn't even know Blaster Master Zero 3 was announced! (Or maybe I did and completely forgot about it...) I haven't even played BMZ2 yet!

Also, I wouldn't even begin to imagine what stores are holding Limited Run Games collector's editions.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I didn't even know Blaster Master Zero 3 was announced! (Or maybe I did and completely forgot about it...) I haven't even played BMZ2 yet!

Also, I wouldn't even begin to imagine what stores are holding Limited Run Games collector's editions.
Getting the collector's edition will be a huge pain. Especially the physical version will have voice acting after the trilogy is finished. Just try to avoid BMZ 3 full gameplay footage as I can see this will wrap up Jason and Eve's story against the mutant. (Maybe as changes can happen)

Top Bottom