• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Finished my Shantae Mii! I ended up giving her Exploding Side Kick, Suplex, Soaring Axe Kick and Feint Jump. (Onslaught probably makes more sense than Suplex, but... I really like Suplex.)

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
At least Mii Brawler's moves have some similarities to Shantae's like the kick animation, Feint Jump looks kinda like her drill jump in the first game and when I use Shot Puts I can just yell "Pike Ball!"

Last edited:

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Bigger eyes. I like it.
Edit: Wait, did they give her a frown? that's not as good.

Will see if there's other ones too as time goes by.
Obviously its a serious frown because she's focused on fighting.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Question: does anyone know how the crouch moves work for Kazuya? Because a majority of the time, whenever I try to use one, it just reads as a regular tilt attack, and it's starting to get frustrating.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The costume almost looks good enough to make me want to play as a mii, almost. Shame it couldn't have been over every Mii, she has used a sword and gun before.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Question: does anyone know how the crouch moves work for Kazuya? Because a majority of the time, whenever I try to use one, it just reads as a regular tilt attack, and it's starting to get frustrating.
Yes, you have to hold down for longer, and then when you do a down attack or diagonal down attack, it'll be different than a regular tilt attack. It's possible also you're already doing those because it could be harder to do the tilts, you have to do it quickly but not so quick that it does a smash attack.

There's also the move where you attack while releasing down.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I gave mine shot put, onslaught, thrust uppercut and head on assault... shot put was for obvious reasons. everything else is because i got a few other mii brawlers and wanted to try something different.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I didn't remember mii brawler feeling so slow.

Then again I've been mostly using mythra and pichu who're really fast.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Our queen in some of her glory:
404BCF5D-D494-4A1B-B5FA-E2DC80BF1509.jpeg

God, now I wanna get back into some of my ideas for a Shantae animated series

They did not update the Shantae Spirit Fight, It's Still ZSS.
TBF I don’t think they’ve done it for any costume characters outside of post launch spirit boards and events

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Ive actually gone and made my own Shantae mii since the traielr one just looks a little off skin color wise. I'll post a pic later.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I made my own a bit, though I forget how to move a screenshot from the switch to a PC easily haha... Its simular to Matts, though I had a different smile. I may make her eyes a bit bigger.

Also, I noticed this. Her grab pummel attack is a headbutt, so its like shes Hair whipping them!

So funny story playing online. I got into a mirror match with another shantae. And we kept rematching each other for like 20 games lol. And anytime other peopel appear, we focused them first. Had to add him as a friend as soon as we were finished.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Been a few years since I last logged into this site. Not sure if anyone around remembers me.

Good to see people are largely positive about the Mii costume. I share the feeling. I had no hopes she would be the last DLC fighter (or any prior), so the Mii costume (+ music track!) is a pretty nice acknowledgement of her popularity and demand. Detractors can't so easily say she's "too obscure" or whatever after this.

(I need to change this avatar lol, didn't even like the game very much)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Been a few years since I last logged into this site. Not sure if anyone around remembers me.

Good to see people are largely positive about the Mii costume. I share the feeling. I had no hopes she would be the last DLC fighter (or any prior), so the Mii costume (+ music track!) is a pretty nice acknowledgement of her popularity and demand. Detractors can't so easily say she's "too obscure" or whatever after this.

I mostly remember you because of the avatar lol. Pretty sure we chatted a bunch here

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192

Welcome back. I remember basically everyone from back in the day. If you browse through the last few pages, you'll see a number of old regulars checking in for the first time in months or years, myself included. Bit of a reunion party going on in here.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
I don’t know how long we’ll stay in Smashboards after Smash Ultimate ends. We already got our half-genie in Smash and it still makes me questioned about WayForward’s merches that came out of nowhere and their silence. My only guess about their NDA is either they just don’t want to say it or they’re actually saving all that for her Mii costume exclusive in Smash? I don’t know why they sell lot of merches and collectables out of nowhere.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey there everyone. While the journey to see the Half Genie Hero has now ended in a way that some of us weren't expecting, I just want to come out one more time and thank everyone for their support and shared passion for the character. It was really nice to have this thread for awhile since base game speculation where I could just hang out and see all the cool things said. Earlier this year I made a Shantae for Smash which was a decent success and I will share this last video here if anyone wants to see how I handled that reaction at first. However over time I have accepted it and now I'm very grateful that Shantae was able to get a music track with her mii costume. Let's all hope that next smash game we keep support more and more alive for that dream to come true someday!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
A version 2 was posted which was made with a smile and used Type 4 High.
Yay getting it for sure. :)

On a side note, the downloadable mii search function sucks, lol. Why is there only one page of search results? And no way to combine looking only for mii fighters with the name of it?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Found this to have some interesting tid bits we hadn't heard yet. Sorry if it's already been shared, I missed a few pages back there lol

Yeah i shared that a few pages ago but no one reacted to it so maybe now people will see it

Hey there everyone. While the journey to see the Half Genie Hero has now ended in a way that some of us weren't expecting, I just want to come out one more time and thank everyone for their support and shared passion for the character. It was really nice to have this thread for awhile since base game speculation where I could just hang out and see all the cool things said. Earlier this year I made a Shantae for Smash which was a decent success and I will share this last video here if anyone wants to see how I handled that reaction at first. However over time I have accepted it and now I'm very grateful that Shantae was able to get a music track with her mii costume. Let's all hope that next smash game we keep support more and more alive for that dream to come true someday!
Cute video there. I was sad at first, but soon i was like, we got an awesome costume, good music, and sakurai said these were all highly requested, so i see this as a great win and a good chance for her in the next smash game.

I will say i havent had as much fun playing smash in months then when i was playing shantae last night.

Yay getting it for sure. :)

On a side note, the downloadable mii search function sucks, lol. Why is there only one page of search results? And no way to combine looking only for mii fighters with the name of it?
Yeah the search feature is so archaic...

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
This is the smiling one Matt Bozon did:

I do like that one. Have you uploaded it? I might like that skin color and face too :)
Why she look evil though? Shantae is so pure, innocent and sweet lol

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Why she look evil though? Shantae is so pure, innocent and sweet lol
Is it not an established trait that Shantae is quick to anger?

I'll post my 1212 Mii later, looks a bit derpy from afar but it's fine up close. Has peach skin and somewhat smaller eyes than most, so I guess you could say it takes more after earlier designs.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I may start looking for a Shantae Mii Costume Brawler when I'm ready. For Kazuya, he is a learning curve to try since his moves are more based on joystick input before attacking. So, personally I may not pick him up easily when going online.

Also, I was looking online for physical switch games for Shantae and BOY the prices are high. I knew that I should've got the switch version, but hey at least the digital versions and the GBC original is good for me. I can always wait since Blaster Master Zero 3 and Metroid Dread are coming soon.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
2021063006323500-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

Here's my Shantae Mii Fighter! I used the same facial features from the official trailer. Only difference is that I made the eye color a lighter blue because she has that eye tone in all the official art for her games. The detail of the costume is top notch; I can tell the devs put a lot of work into it. The ponytail even has a purple gradient!

Went with Shot Put for her Normal Special to represent Pike Ball. Burning Dropkick since she's able to utilize fire attacks in her games. Soaring Axe Kick because it reminds me of the Spin Kick & the follow up Drill moves from the original GBA Shantae. And Feint Jump because I think it looks cool. :b:

And I went with Voice Type 4 High pitched because I was told that's what Matt Bozon uses, and when I listened to it I agreed that it sounded the most like Shantae. Thank you to those who answered my question regarding which voices you guys felt suited her best!

Mii Brawler is about to become my most played Mii Fighter type by far...

Top Bottom