• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Awesome that best zombie girl got a bit of spotlight!

...Dude, what makes you think 40 minutes won't feature a double-Smash reveal? Hell, E3 2019's Direct was just under 43 minutes, and that revealed both Hero and Banjo & Kazooie. So why do you keep insisting that there's no chance for a double-reveal?
It was based on an IF with the current stuff present. I still think a double reveal is possible, it just appears more unlikely.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Awesome that best zombie girl got a bit of spotlight!

...Dude, what makes you think 40 minutes won't feature a double-Smash reveal? Hell, E3 2019's Direct was just under 43 minutes, and that revealed both Hero and Banjo & Kazooie. So why do you keep insisting that there's no chance for a double-reveal?
Unrelated to the 40 minute announcement, but in Sakurai’s latest Famitsu column he joked about if one character would be revealed at E3 and then one at the Tokyo Games Show.

So it’s not impossible but most people have benched the idea in favor of spreading the last two characters of FP2 out a bit.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Which I am unsure if E3 will have a single or double reveal for Ultimate as FP2 is almost finished based on the official information present.

Still, we can believe to the end and it will be reborn again in another time. Until then, E3 is going to shake the communuty as the days countdown.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Is Shantae steadily gaining popularity in Japan?

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for a double reveal at E3 myself. Between Shantae's 19th anniversary, the Direct being announced same day and the event we had last month that celebrated other's anniversaries for turning 35, just....ack! Nintendo what are you doing to us? lol

Imagine as late presents for their anniversaries, while showing Zelda footage, we got Urbosa revealed followed up by Shantae in some Gerudo Town x Scuttle Town dance competition. Both have so much in common, the towns & their heroes a simultanous reveal like that would be perfect.

Last edited:

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
I had a nightmare there was a nintendo direct and we got to the Mii Costume showcase (aka the playable character execution round as some call it) and Shantae was one of them.

Usually I'm pretty good about not stressing about this sort of thing but last night my subconscious decided to screw with me I guess xD

Dukefire

Smash Master
The mind always has a way to create a scenario that is usually impossible. For me, I dreamt that it was initially Goku, until the actual challenger was Kaos from Skylanders.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Is Shantae steadily gaining popularity in Japan?
Possibly. Her games are certainly still being bought there.

Translation:
Thank you for waiting for a very long time!
"Shanti" has finally arrived from Limited Run Games! !! !!

We will continue to arrange shipping for customers who have made reservations from today!
Reservations will be picked up at the store from tomorrow.

In addition, we plan to sell the canceled portion from around Saturday this week.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
The mind always has a way to create a scenario that is usually impossible. For me, I dreamt that it was initially Goku, until the actual challenger was Kaos from Skylanders.
You know what? I would be ok with that if only for the fact that I want Richard Horvitz in everything.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I had a nightmare there was a nintendo direct and we got to the Mii Costume showcase (aka the playable character execution round as some call it) and Shantae was one of them.

Usually I'm pretty good about not stressing about this sort of thing but last night my subconscious decided to screw with me I guess xD
I remember back in the days before even Hero had been announced I had a ridiculously vivid dream that said Bouldergesit from Super Mario Galaxy would be a DLC character. But they had completely redesigned him and it didn’t look like Bouldergeist at all but they kept insisting it was him.

Dunno why that stuck with me for so long.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
You know what? I would be ok with that if only for the fact that I want Richard Horvitz in everything.
Well, maybe if Crash got in and Lani-Loli (Or the other Quantum Masks) had lines somehow in the super marsupial's reveal trailer...

I'm just saying.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I ordered non and collective. I haven't recieved the non-ones. The non-ones is for a friend.

I still haven't recieved an email about it being late or anything.
Did you order them together? I believe LRG holds your order until both are ready to be shipped out.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Bloody Hell, almost a week before E3 to the T. I will admit I do have goosebumps about the entire thing. And I hope to the Gods Shantae makes it.

Though with E3 being as close as it is, there's certainly going to be a megaton of "leaks" and "speculations". It's gonna be Hell, for sure, though we've survived and got through worse.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Tread carefully since any character is possible to appear a week from now. (Since the announcement will happen in the Nintendo Direct)

Also, here is a shantae artwork
There was a problem fetching the tweet

zferolie

Smash Hero

MattX20

Smash Hero
We'll find out what Shantae's fate most likely is next Tuesday. That much is certain

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Announcing the Direct on her anniversary has to mean something. Nintendo's not completely oblivious to her existence, they made a history trailer last month.
Here's the thing. If we go by that logic, then Ryu Hayabusa is also likely because June 15th is his birthday (not Ninja Gaiden's, but Ryu himself). Besides, there's only been a few instances where anniversaries lined up with Smash reveals (Little Mac in Smash 4, and Hero and Sephiroth in Ultimate), so that idea isn't as common as everyone thinks it is every time a character reveal comes up.

Granted... Shantae and Ryu being the potential last 2 fighters is a GREAT way to end Ultimate's DLC as far as I'm concerned 😄

No more tinfoil than purple & yellow chairs or windows.
Ugh! Anyone who actually bought into that theory was DESPARATELY reaching 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom