• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah, Really bad as ONLY two spots remain. It is going to get ugly fast and let the early salt fest begin. Just watch yourselves.View attachment 313619
I think I will be even way less active the moment CP10 reveals just to avoid seeing how many brain cells the fandom is gonna lose when there's only one character left and their entitlement skyrockets, lol. I will probably be losing my mind more with BOTW2 at E3 anyway, and whatever else cool they announce.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think I will be even way less active the moment CP10 reveals just to avoid seeing how many brain cells the fandom is gonna lose when there's only one character left and their entitlement skyrockets, lol. I will probably be losing my mind more with BOTW2 at E3 anyway, and whatever else cool they announce.
I remember last time at the end of Smash 4 people were ******** that Bayonetta stoled the Smash Ballot and wasn't the true winner. There are people to this day that are still salty about that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Bet it will end up the same result to whoever is the last one for the DLC production of Smash Ultimate.

Smash Speculation is never uneventful with Surprises at every turn.
The last character could be someone gigantic like Master Chief or Sora and the Smash community would still be salty that it was them over their favorite character.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The last character could be someone gigantic like Master Chief or Sora and the Smash community would still be salty that it was them over their favorite character.
Whenever there is positive reaction, negative reaction will follow. Of course, hopes destoryed with artworks displaying it.

For shantae, I see that she isn't brought up in many speculation videos. So, she might be on mid ground for under the radar character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Whenever there is positive reaction, negative reaction will follow. Of course, hopes destoryed with artworks displaying it.

For shantae, I see that she isn't brought up in many speculation videos. So, she might be on mid ground for under the radar character.
I will drink the tears of the Shantae detractors if our girl get's in. Shantae's inclusion would be the juiciest ending to me as our girl would be that last special one.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Why is Seven asirens getting that fangamer plush but ndle only on switch

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Why is Seven asirens getting that fangamer plush but ndle only on switch
I'm wondering if sales have shown that the biggest chunk of Shantae fans come from Nintendo platforms.

I mean LRG published all of their physical versions for Switch and Playstation, but those games were already made by WayForward for those platforms. But when LRG hires someone to port the only Shantae games not on modern gen platforms, they only have him port it to Nintendo's console.

It's certainly curious. Does anyone remember the FanGamer plush+code bundles for Undertale, Celeste or Hollow Knight? Were they offered for multiple platforms or again just for Nintendo?

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I'm wondering if sales have shown that the biggest chunk of Shantae fans come from Nintendo platforms.

I mean LRG published all of their physical versions for Switch and Playstation, but those games were already made by WayForward for those platforms. But when LRG hires someone to port the only Shantae games not on modern gen platforms, they only have him port it to Nintendo's console.

It's certainly curious. Does anyone remember the FanGamer plush+code bundles for Undertale, Celeste or Hollow Knight? Were they offered for multiple platforms or again just for Nintendo?
From what research I've done, the codes included in these other bundles were indeed exclusively for Nintendo Switch so the Seven Sirens code being exclusively for Switch means nothing IMO.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
If we are sharing cool covers Christina has done... Here is a metal cover of the English version of Caramelldansen that she sang for...
I was debating between sharing this or the version of Phantom of the Opera she did, but I didn't like the guy who was singing the Phantom's part so I went with this one.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Okay I had no idea that Cristina Vee (Shantae's VA) recently did a cover of Simple and Clean. It's like one of the best covers I've listened of that song, also her Japanese is quite good. Bless her.
Just wow just wow. Wonder how long before "Shantae sings Simple and Clean" animation comes out lol.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Just wow just wow. Wonder how long before "Shantae sings Simple and Clean" animation comes out lol.
I've been actually thinking of drawing Shantae in Nomura style just to see how the hell it turns out haha!

Also… wow new spirit event about characters good at dancing and signing and they didn't use Shantae's spirit for the picture, I wonder why … 🤔

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I've been actually thinking of drawing Shantae in Nomura style just to see how the hell it turns out haha!

Also… wow new spirit event about characters good at dancing and signing and they didn't use Shantae's spirit for the picture, I wonder why … 🤔
She is a dancer, but more of a fighter rather then one to sign autographs.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Y’know, all this talk about “only two fighters left” or “is there any chance of a third pass” actually got me thinking about something.

Everyone from corporate execs like Phil Spencer to YouTube personalities have stated that 2021 and even 2022 are gonna be VERY delayed years for game releases. Stuff that released in 2020 was already nearly finished, so while the pandemic slowed things down, they really only needed the last touches to release. Meanwhile games in mid-development or not yet started have been assumed or confirmed to have massive setbacks and delays.

Some people speculated that one way to help counteract this upcoming game delay wave would be to update old games since the groundwork is already there. And while some games definitely got that, not too many Nintendo games had it... Until Super Mario Party out of the blue got its first true update 2+ years after release to add expanded online functionality

And that got my noggin joggin’.

If Nintendo potentially goes down this route of helping support other games during a potentially slow year, Smash would absolutely be a game they’d push for to get some more content out of.

It would definitely take more work than Super Mario Party’s update did, but considering:
1: both of these games sold like hotcakes; best in their respective series by a wide margin, SMP outselling Mario Party DS by 5 million units, and Ultimate outselling Brawl by 10 million;
2: Sakurai likely wouldn’t be able to move to a new project yet thanks to everything going on;
...They might push to get even a small final pass in to help tide things over.

Especially with only 2 characters to go and over half the year left to reveal them despite the covid delays, when the last fighter pass finished with a normal schedule right at the deadline. “Whoops, looks like we got to fighter 11 way before december, huh? Well... maybe we aren’t done JUST yet.”

I could definitely see Nintendo asking for just a few more characters to buy their schedule some time while there’s still a team together that can work on an existing game.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace

Pyra/Mythra appeared in spirit events before they became playable though. I don't know about Min-Min

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Pyra/Mythra appeared in spirit events before they became playable though. I don't know about Min-Min
Yeah the whole spirit thing appearing in events or not, is really meaningless at the end of the day anyway, thankfully… lol

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
The only thing we can guarantee is that Spirits from the base game can be made playable at least.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177

Probably because she's not really known for singing in universe?

D

Deleted member

I don't care who the last 2 are in fighters pass 2. To me, I don't think it's gonna be a great surprise when E3 comes around the corner besides announcements new titles.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't care who the last 2 are in fighters pass 2. To me, I don't think it's gonna be a great surprise when E3 comes around the corner besides announcements new titles.
You're not wrong to have low expectations for the last 2 fighters. E3 isn't assuring we are getting big gaming icons, it's just a convenient event for Nintendo to plan a direct to show their own plans. Steve and Sephiroth weren't pushed back for the sake of E3, they happened when needed to happen because what matters for the pass is the position of the pass seller fighters, to ensure the sales, that's how the order of the characters are decided. It applied to both pass 1 and also base game as well, where they just leave the final reveals be regular type of reveals or even small ones depending on your perspective, but definitely not huge reveals, base game ended with an echo and a pokemon, and pass 1 ended with yet another fire emblem character. Considering the pass sellers already happened in this pass, I wouldn't expect anything bigger or as big as Steve and Sephiroth were.

My personal prediction is one more first party character and another third party character. I would be happy if at least one of them is one of the characters in my avatar, but if not, at least I do hope they are characters I can get behind and say they were worth my money, because so far this pass has only given me Sephiroth as a character I actually care for… and I don't wanna feel like I bought a pass of 6 characters just to feel like I got 1 that I liked lol, at least I want half (3) be characters I really enjoyed. In pass 1 I got 3/5, with Banjo Terry and Joker being the characters that felt worth my money back then, so I hope I can feel a similar amount with the remaining 2 slots left, regardless of who they are.

If there's something I definitely don't want (and I don't even think it will happen) is another freaking pokemon. I just want series that never got fighters before, for the last 2 slots. To keep it unpredictable and fresh till the very end.

P.S.: Terry I never even wanted or expected, but man would I be lying if I said he wasn't the most fun character gameplay-wise in pass 1, he feels so satisfying to land hits with. If I don't get one of the characters I want for the last 2, at least I hope we get characters that felt as cool as Terry did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The thing I'm saying is the last part of the reveal characters line up that's straight up awful and pitiful. I felt that it's not worth my money on any of the games DLC content that some of it is out of my expectations. Honestly, I only bought Piranha Plant to try out it's new moveset and fight with random CPU's and I have not even played Persona, Dragon Quest or most of it's titles just represented as DLC fighters.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
The thing I'm saying is the last part of the reveal characters line up that's straight up awful and pitiful. I felt that it's not worth my money on any of the games DLC content that some of it is out of my expectations. Honestly, I only bought Piranha Plant to try out it's new moveset and fight with random CPU's and I have not even played Persona, Dragon Quest or most of it's titles just represented as DLC fighters.
I mean, to each their own I guess. I'm pretty much the opposite. I've enjoyed the DLC line-up for Ultimate. I think the only character on the Smash Ultimate roster that I'm not a fan of is, funnily enough, Piranha Plant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom