• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Shantae AMA announced.

Can't wait to see a good chunk of people asking "Is Shantae going to be in Smash?!", which is something that he obviously can't answer.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Which could mean nothing, avoiding misinterpretation as the internet grab anything for clues/salt ammo, or a possible NDA. Still, nothing I can say other than when is shantae going to see her mother, the djinns, and where do we go from here for the next adventure (like artstyle)?

Dukefire

Smash Master
My regular Physical copy is coming up next week. A quick question, how do you adventure with Shantae?

I prefer to stock up on items and farm gems for the best odds. (Well, unless I run out of lives before saving in the GBC game. DX)

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Decided to just go with downloading the GBC game. I'm just happy to at least own a physical for Half-Genie Hero I managed to score day one.

This is awesome. Now I got all 5 Shantae games to play now at long last.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Decided to just go with downloading the GBC game. I'm just happy to at least own a physical for Half-Genie Hero I managed to score day one.

This is awesome. Now I got all 5 Shantae games to play now at long last.
Just watch out that the controls are different compared to the 3DS retaining the original controls for the GBC.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well they can answer the question if she is in smash... but if they do its most likely an answer we don't want to hear," No she isn't, she will just be a spirit in smash"

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Well they can answer the question if she is in smash... but if they do its most likely an answer we don't want to hear," No she isn't, she will just be a spirit in smash"
An answer they could've bluntly gave already these past couple years. I predict more coyness and LRG saying whatever.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ha jokes on all of you I got the collector's version of ALL the games. even Pirate's Curse.
Guess what? I do too. :2gud:

Actually, I have all the Collector's Editions for all the Shantae games excluding Pirate's Curse, but I do have the Collector's Editions for Half-Genie Hero and Seven Sirens. Plus I have both the Limited Run Collector's Editions for the Switch and GBC reproduction of the original Shantae coming my way in a couple of weeks or so. Plus the Risky's Revenge 2nd Collector's Edition is coming as well.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently the first game can crash when picking up the Baby Warp Squids.

Got one in the first Dungeon and the game froze. Had to exit out of the game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm about to enter the Dribble stone dungeon and getting the monkey transformation. Don't forget to save before entering.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Part of me says Shantae will be one of the two remaining Fighter's Pass 2 characters and another part of me says she won't and they will go for some other 3rd party character more iconic and popular like Crash and Master Chief. Man, E3 can't come any sooner as I'm inching to know what our girl's final fate is for this game. Are we just getting the bronze prize or are we going home with the 1st prize gold trophy?

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Part of me says Shantae will be one of the two remaining Fighter's Pass 2 characters and another part of me says she won't and they will go for some other 3rd party character more iconic and popular like Crash and Master Chief. Man, E3 can't come any sooner as I'm inching to know what our girl's final fate is for this game. Are we just getting the bronze prize or are we going home with the 1st prize gold trophy?
No matter what happens, it’s been a fun ride and Ultimate’s been a great game. I personally don’t believe Master Chief has a chance, and Crash is up in the air but still leaning towards probably not. A lot of people forget that Smash DLC is full of wildcards - remember that our last two characters in Smash 4 were Corrin and Bayonetta, two characters almost no one saw coming. Same with FP1, until Nintendo accidentally let slip SNK was involved no one was even remotely thinking about Terry Bogard, and how many scores of people swore up and down the pass would end on another 3rd party pick? Don’t worry about all the speculation, people will pass around the same 3 names no matter what. Even back in 4, how much speculation KNEW Banjo was coming in the DLC, or Geno, or Steve?

My biggest bet for Shantae is being the final fighter just on the merit of that being the pack that will have only new Mii Fighters, since there’s only one legacy Mii costume left to go and it will almost certainly show up with Fighter 10. Which sets up the last Fighter to have an interesting Mii selection, like a whole group of indie Miis with music tracks that we for whatever reason haven’t seen since FP1 despite their huge success and popularity... But at this point, Smash is still such an amazing game that I always love to be surprised by.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah I honestly don't think we are getting a second microsoft rep in the same pass, that just doesn't sound likely to me, specially when looking back at pass 1 being all different companies each pack of the pass (and honestly I rather have them keep it that way, it's more interesting and more variety in the end). SE and Microsoft clearly negotiated their characters of both passes since the very beginning, as I don't see them meeting twice in different times. Pretty sure they decided both passes characters of theirs in one meeting long ago. Their characters were big enough for both regions and were considered and positioned as the pass sellers, which is why we get them no later than the middle of the pass, to ensure those pass sales, as that's something they clearly want to sell, the pass, rather than just the individual characters. As much as I liked the idea of Chief myself, and as much as I accepted how much sense Crash makes to join smash, I don't see big figures joining these late in the last 2 slots, I think we would've seen one of them be in Min Min's position instead and have Min Min later on in one of these last 2 spots if that was the case. That's just how I see it anyway, don't mind me. I will definitely take those surprises either way if they do happen somehow.

Personally, I think Shantae has a good chance because she has had a tremendous push for years now, and it won't stop looking weird to me that they only picked 2 spirits for her series when Wayforward most likely sent them way more than that, when Nintendo asked them to send them material and they would see what they come up with (at that time Wayforward wasn't even aware of Spirits, as they confirmed it themselves in an interview). Of course, just like any character with big demand, it's always a 50/50 chances anyways, because it's all down to what Nintendo decided among many other characters they could've considered. I personally would love that one indie character does make it as a fighter and not just as far as a mii or a spirit. I can only hope that the people within Nintendo and Sora team, shared the same vision of Reggie, that indie developers are the future and are just as valuable to gaming overall. Here's to just hoping it happens 🤞

As for the remaining other slot, I could go into why I want and expect one of the other 2 characters in my pfp, but that will be a long wall of off topic text in this thread, and I don't wanna do that, lol.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Two slots will make people go bonkers once the next incoming reveal appears. I'm nervous about it and I'm unsure if sakurai is wanting to do a double reveal for E3 to wrap up FP2.
Screenshot_20210409-080921_Video Player.jpg

Really, until official news are in with DLC being done, there is some hope for a little more DLC.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah I honestly don't think we are getting a second microsoft rep in the same pass, that just doesn't sound likely to me, specially when looking back at pass 1 being all different companies each pack of the pass (and honestly I rather have them keep it that way, it's more interesting and more variety in the end). SE and Microsoft clearly negotiated their characters of both passes since the very beginning, as I don't see them meeting twice in different times. Pretty sure they decided both passes characters of theirs in one meeting long ago. Their characters were big enough for both regions and were considered and positioned as the pass sellers, which is why we get them no later than the middle of the pass, to ensure those pass sales, as that's something they clearly want to sell, the pass, rather than just the individual characters. As much as I liked the idea of Chief myself, and as much as I accepted how much sense Crash makes to join smash, I don't see big figures joining these late in the last 2 slots, I think we would've seen one of them be in Min Min's position instead and have Min Min later on in one of these last 2 spots if that was the case. That's just how I see it anyway, don't mind me. I will definitely take those surprises either way if they do happen somehow.

Personally, I think Shantae has a good chance because she has had a tremendous push for years now, and it won't stop looking weird to me that they only picked 2 spirits for her series when Wayforward most likely sent them way more than that, when Nintendo asked them to send them material and they would see what they come up with (at that time Wayforward wasn't even aware of Spirits, as they confirmed it themselves in an interview). Of course, just like any character with big demand, it's always a 50/50 chances anyways, because it's all down to what Nintendo decided among many other characters they could've considered. I personally would love that one indie character does make it as a fighter and not just as far as a mii or a spirit. I can only hope that the people within Nintendo and Sora team, shared the same vision of Reggie, that indie developers are the future and are just as valuable to gaming overall. Here's to just hoping it happens 🤞

As for the remaining other slot, I could go into why I want and expect one of the other 2 characters in my pfp, but that will be a long wall of off topic text in this thread, and I don't wanna do that, lol.
Shantae would be a fun pick, though it is annoying how some in the Discord channels for speculation say she won't happen or she's deconfirmed

Dukefire

Smash Master
The usual thing against shantae being a smaller game series compared to others. Of course, the spirit of her and Risky are present. Though, Min Min proved that base spirits aren't done yet.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I still feel Shantae having Spirits in Ultimate's base game helps her chances more than it hinders them. The fact that Nintendo already saw her franchise as worthy of being a part of Smash at all should mean something. Just like it meant something in the cases of Min Min, Pyra, & Mythra. Let's not forget the fact that she also has an online icon for whatever reason.

Last edited:

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Not sure on where Shantae stands but I think it can swing either way. I was sure of my suspensions between Geno and Rex through the four oddities of the online icons for Smash Tags, and it wasn't so crazy after all.

Both of which were given content later or at the very least considered. Meanwhile, Shantae and WayForward have insignificant content for a third party that managed to snag one and Rayman is absent entirely despite how much Ubisoft has come to have.

This makes me think Shantae and Rayman are, at the absolute least, getting Spirit Events, Mii costumes, or hopefully full blown fighters.

Still, can't count chickens before they hatch.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

zferolie

Smash Hero
Right now, my top 3 likely choices i feel are Shantae, Crash, and Reimu. They all i feel have a lot going for them and i wouldnt doubt any of them would get in.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd say the likeliest characters right now are Sora and either Crash or Shantae.
Sora seems ify with the whole Disney situation and with us already getting a Square-Enix rep with Sephiroth in Fighter's Pass 2. I think Sora isn't likely. Crash is very likely with the whole 5 year Activision plan document leak and all the Crash games coming to Switch and other rumors supporting his inclusion. Shantae seems 50/50 as she could go either way. Shantae has been getting a absurd amount of merchandise as of lately and it could be a sign for something but what?

Dukefire

Smash Master
It might point towards Wayforward's growth from their humble beginnings. They have come far with shantae creating the way for other projects to flourish.

Edit: you have another chance for a smash bros greeting card while stock is still available.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
It might point towards Wayforward's growth from their humble beginnings. They have come far with shantae creating the way for other projects to flourish.

Edit: you have another chance for a smash bros greeting card while stock is still available.
Finally I can send Shantae SIX SMASH INVITATIONS!

Top Bottom