• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
I do love these April Fools jokes. I wonder what Wayforward has this year?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Do you guys think Superman could get into FighterZ? I know he's not an anime character, but that's a fan rule if anything. And after that mockery of Death Battle, Goku deserves a canon rematch.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Aight let’s see who my Dragon Ball-sona is.

Trunks? Yeah I’m down for that.

so, you guys think Shantae has a chance at being in the next DLC wave of FighterZ? I think all the signs are pointing to it totally being the case, and if not, maybe for Guilty Gear Strive since the devs probably pushed her to their next project if FighterZ’s dlc is done.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
WayForward's April fool's stuff is always great.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
WayForward's April fool's stuff is always great.

Yay I'm LSS Broly

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Call back to the classic Galaga shooter. With new ships, powerups and new formation configuration for additional firepower.

Looks interesting as we don't know what month and day will the game be released this year.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Curse you hypno baron!!!

But for real though hooligan girl #4 looking fiiiiiiiine
I knew that bowl-cut Hooligan (whom I refer to as Moody) had a romantic history! But personally, at least in the sisters hierarchy, I see her as number 2.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Even if Mighty Switch Force 2 technically makes any sort of romance following this game non-canon, I'd still follow her to get some of that lore.

I beg to differ. I think we could all use a supplement of that Vita-Man D.
Not if Mina-Woman (related or otherwise) has anything to say about it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ryu Hayabusa and a Monster Hunter rep was the highly debated for discussion. Now, those two chances are blown, it is anyone's game since the two invites are still floating around.

Artist: kwark85
next_round__who_s_in___by_kwark85_ddh53op-pre.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sure enough, the game isn't even real and one of my favorite artists was the one to redraw Hooligan Sister #4.

And they didn't waste much time celebrating a certain game's anniversary:

That looks like a lot more than just 2 invites XP
Would be fun if that ends up aging well to some degree. :p Even if barely anyone would be daring to humor that, but I digress...

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I know that the indie direct will happen either on this month or May since it has been (not exactly) two months after the February Direct.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just got me Bladed Fury and Runbow the other day and I plan to go through them sometime this week or the next whenever I have the time. Has anyone here played Runbow yet? I ask because it has Shantae in it and I figured some of you have already played it.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got me Bladed Fury and Runbow the other day and I plan to go through them sometime this week or the next whenever I have the time. Has anyone here played Runbow yet? I ask because it has Shantae in it and I figured some of you have already played it.
I played it on the Wii U; it's pretty fun, though it's been a while since I last played it, and I haven't played the game's local multiplayer, which seems like the mode that the game would really shine in. (the Wii U supports up to 9 players, so I'd think the Switch version would support up to 8)

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I know that the indie direct will happen either on this month or May since it has been (not exactly) two months after the February Direct.
I actually wonder if there will be a standard or even mini direct between the February one and the presumed E3 one now that E3 is confirmed to be happening albeit digitally, and Nintendo has timed their summer direct around that schedule all except for last year when there wasn’t an official E3. Part of me thinks of course not, part of me thinks “well maybe if they want to put up some small announcements before E3”, and all of me thinks it wouldn’t have Smash news since that will all but certainly be the opener or closer for the E3 direct.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I actually wonder if there will be a standard or even mini direct between the February one and the presumed E3 one now that E3 is confirmed to be happening albeit digitally, and Nintendo has timed their summer direct around that schedule all except for last year when there wasn’t an official E3. Part of me thinks of course not, part of me thinks “well maybe if they want to put up some small announcements before E3”, and all of me thinks it wouldn’t have Smash news since that will all but certainly be the opener or closer for the E3 direct.
Incidentally, there's been increasing rumors about NSO getting a big update this month and various third-parties (Square-Enix, Capcom, Bamco and Sega) seemingly preparing their Switch news, so we might get some sort of big event/direct soon.

Overall, I do think the next direct wouldn't have Smash, since it would obviously be set to showcase something else.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I think that depends on what they have planned for Zelda. I feel if we got any big presentation this month, it will only be if they are doing a big year round Zelda celebration for their 35th in a similar vein as to what they did for Mario. And i feel if we don't get such an presentation this month, then they probably won't be going so big for Zelda. Their potential for a year long celebration already got cut short a month so Mario could get his full year, so if they don't start the celebration in April i just don't see it happening.

That said, I do think we will get a big Zelda 35 event. Right now the only Zelda things we have on the horizon are Skyward Sword HD and the DLC for Age of Calamity (which hasn't been given a date or any real details other than Robby and Pura) Yet there are all those rumors about the past Zelda ports making their way to the Switch. Ocarina and Majora would be the bigger ones since they never came to Wii U in their newer forms. Ad to that that we don't know what Grezzo has been doing, and that the dungeon builder from Link's Awakening kinda felt like a prototype for a Zelda Maker... Well it all just feels like something is going to happen.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I hope we get a Zelda 3D All Stars. I'm already excited for Skyward Sword HD, but if we get a collection that comes with say, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD, that would just make all of my dreams come true!
I worry that a lot of those titles will be spilt up if they do release them all. I see Ocarina and Majora being sold together and Wind Waker and Twilight Princess both being sold separately.

Top Bottom