• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Oh snap I just realized during the end credits of World of Light, I spotted WayForward/BOZON company name in it at the very last so I guess they’ll go with it to join other company’s names if Shantae joins in as DLC or next Smash game which I honestly would hate to wait for another few years. I think it also connects to Shantae and Risky being the last spirits in the inventory list. Wait does that mean WayForward‘s company name already joined the game and deconfirms Shantae or something? Hope not.View attachment 298801
No it's jus to show companies with content in Smash. It's the games credits after all,cthe thing where you show "Hey here everyone who contributed to the game"

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
No it's jus to show companies with content in Smash. It's the games credits after all,cthe thing where you show "Hey here everyone who contributed to the game"
Ok sorry. Just that hope that didn’t really spoiled Shantae being upcoming DLC fighter then again WayForward is new to Smash so idk.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Wasn't Atlus in the credits before Joker was in the game? If so, Wayforward being there means nothing.
Wasn't that for the Tokyo Mirage Session spirit that was there from the start?

Oh snap I just realized during the end credits of World of Light, I spotted WayForward/BOZON company name in it at the very last so I guess they’ll go with it to join other company’s names if Shantae joins in as DLC or next Smash game which I honestly would hate to wait for another few years. I think it also connects to Shantae and Risky being the last spirits in the inventory list. Wait does that mean WayForward‘s company name already joined the game and deconfirms Shantae or something? Hope not.View attachment 298801
You also see them listed in the Classic mode credits near the end.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Wait does that mean WayForward‘s company name already joined the game and deconfirms Shantae or something? Hope not.
No, it means that content from Wayforward is currently in the game. AKA Shantae and Risky’s spirits. Companies are only added when their content is actually in the game; SNK and RARE/Microsoft were not in the credits until their characters were added. So Wayforward already being there has literally 0 bearing on if Shantae can get in or not, it just means we have content that Wayforward owns present in the game. Which we know.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wouldn't say it would deconfirm her. If that was the case, than Hayabusa would be deconfirmed as well and no one is saying he's out because Tecmo is already in the credits.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean, we got a Fatal Frame Assist Trophy in the game and I guess that would mean Hayabusa is deconfirmed right? Oh! And Rayman already has a Spirit in the game and we already got Rabbids and Ezio Mii costumes so that deconfirms Rayman too right? :4pacman:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I think the point is thoroughly debunked, new topic.

Another update was made to the Nintendo Direct archive site yesterday; are we gonna see a Bravely Default 2 dev showcase, a Mario 3D World showcase, or, dare I even suggest it, finally the return of proper directs? I still don’t think they’re gone for good since they’re keeping the branding alive using it in ‘Nintendo Direct Mini’ and ‘Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase’. Not likely there will be a smash reveal due to the recency of Sephiroth, but a tease a la Min Min COULD be possible!

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman

Another update was made to the Nintendo Direct archive site yesterday; are we gonna see a Bravely Default 2 dev showcase, a Mario 3D World showcase, or, dare I even suggest it, finally the return of proper directs? I still don’t think they’re gone for good since they’re keeping the branding alive using it in ‘Nintendo Direct Mini’ and ‘Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase’. Not likely there will be a smash reveal due to the recency of Sephiroth, but a tease a la Min Min COULD be possible!
It does sound good, although a Min-Min type tease would cause heated discussions, especially if the type of character is openly revealed.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

A proper General Direct would be ideal as there are a lot of things to cover, but there are a lot of things it could be aside from that. Animal Crossing is supposed to get an update for late January, which night be the last big update it gets before it's 1 year anniversary so they could stretch a direct out with just talk of the update, fluff about the games successful year, and then hints about future updates down the line.

Also they could make it a final Mario Direct going over Bowser's Fury, the fate of the 3D collection after March and possibly some more surprises (more Nintendo world or perhaps news on the Illumination movie) Also they could add in information on the Mario Content coming to animal crossing.

Tho what I would really like is them to mention that they will be pushing the Zelda 35 just as much as the did for Mario, but an announcement like that probably won't happen until they are done with Mario's 35th.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That oughta do it! Fingers crossed for a general direct down the line but yeah this was the most likely outcome for this one.
Still think it'll be a Partner Showcase for this month. Unless they somehow manage to produce a vaccine in record time over in Japan, I don't think we'll ever see a general direct again until Summer at best, it's still too risky for Koizumi to be used as a host.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
It's because the company names listed in that part of the credits are alphabetized and are naming the copyright owners of the images used as Spirits who aren't playable characters.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Alright just a speculation but brought me to attention since I checked on Twitter. This tweet talks about so many people are pointed to Shantae for questioning about removed from 3DS eShop even know her 2nd game saved DSiWare back in the day because it was too popular. Idk. Thoughts? Again it’s just a speculation or theory.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Off topic, but have you seen the trailer for Bowser's Fury yet? This is intense for the Super Mario 3D World switch releasing next month.

Also, I think many people pointed at Shantae since WF did bring up of the returning games for the 3DS eshop on twitter and Shantae's origins of Nintendo Exclusive for a long while on the 3DS before HGH on all platforms available.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Off topic, but have you seen the trailer for Bowser's Fury yet? This is intense for the Super Mario 3D World switch releasing next month.

Also, I think many people pointed at Shantae since WF did bring up of the returning games for the 3DS eshop on twitter and Shantae's origins of Nintendo Exclusive for a long while on the 3DS before HGH on all platforms available.
Super saiyn cat mario lol.

Still i worry its a single player mario only mode. Plus i still hope they add more characters for the main game. Give me daisy please

Dukefire

Smash Master
Oh yeah, the Official Artwork for Bowser's Fury
EricDfQXcAEPQux.jpg

It may be just a single player since the expansion played like Super Mario Odyssey. However, I think a second player can join as Bowser Jr. since this is up to Bowser's son and Mario to save bowser in his mind by the way Black Ink or Paint is present in this world.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman

Honestly I was hoping for more playable characters in the main game, but I’ll take Super Mario Odyssey 1.5: Bowzilla.

Still hoping for a return to true directs in the coming months since I think they’ve now showcased all the games with confirmed release dates that we knew about going into 2021 (except Bravely Default 2).

Dukefire

Smash Master
......bowser is a god slayer in that form? WHAT IS UP WITH NINTENDO ON GIVING CHARACTERS NEW POWER UPS AND FORMS!?!?!?

And I thought Super Saiyan Mario was enough to handle.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

I have seen it and I like it. There are now actual cats in the game (they are adorable) and Mario turns into a lion, so I approve.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I was not expecting a trailer of Akuma Godzilla vs. a super saiyan fursuit.

Let alone that metal music. Wtf are they even saying?

This has got to be somehow simultaneously one of the dumbest, yet most awesome things Nintendo revealed about a Mario game. I'm just in stitches and disbelief, this sort of stuff is usually in the deep end of Sonic lore.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is there still no update on on that Totaku?

:bobomb:
My guess is that the Totaku line as a whole is shut down, or at least put on pause for Covid. Going by their website, a new figure hasn't been released since April 2020. (with several TBA figures with release months that happened a while ago) I could be wrong, though.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

The whole thing was Koizumi's ridiculousness at its peak. In other words, I love it. :toadnaani: Still wish I knew what the amiibo will do...

Great, maybe this means the bloody artbook is finally coming for real this time.

Alright just a speculation but brought me to attention since I checked on Twitter. This tweet talks about so many people are pointed to Shantae for questioning about removed from 3DS eShop even know her 2nd game saved DSiWare back in the day because it was too popular. Idk. Thoughts? Again it’s just a speculation or theory.
Other DSi games had dropped off from the eshop at the same time, so I'm not sure this means much.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In the promotional japanese article Nintendo states that this version of Bowser is a literal God-Slayer.
Demon Slayer Bowser vs Kratos. Make it happen Nintendo and Sony!

......bowser is a god slayer in that form? WHAT IS UP WITH NINTENDO ON GIVING CHARACTERS NEW POWER UPS AND FORMS!?!?!?

And I thought Super Saiyan Mario was enough to handle.
Nintendo is Japanese, so you know they're in anime land. It makes sense.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Whoa!!!!!! Bowser’s Fury looks insane!!! It’s like mixed between Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Odyssey and Dragon Ball Z?!!!!!? Oh I cannot wait for it to drop by February 12th!!! Definitely playing the hell out of it!!!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Okay, I was not expecting a trailer of Akuma Godzilla vs. a super saiyan fursuit.

Let alone that metal music. Wtf are they even saying?

This has got to be somehow simultaneously one of the dumbest, yet most awesome things Nintendo revealed about a Mario game. I'm just in stitches and disbelief, this sort of stuff is usually in the deep end of Sonic lore.
Do you hear this playing at the end of that trailer?

GoldLiger GoldLiger That's funny, they're usually pretty evasive with using that term to describe anyone in Mario. In mainstream the closest example would be Rosalina.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, it's Koizumi. He's currently the Mario director with the nuttiest ideas, so for him it's Tuesday.

Oh, also Shantae art dump.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

In mainstream the closest example would be Rosalina.
Incidentally, Koizumi directed her debut game Super Mario Galaxy.

Last edited:

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
So do you guys remember when I posted a video by Attacker72 (who also made a video debunking the May 11th, 2020 leak) that covered the list leak? I also told you guys to look for a comment made by someone named misdrievous Demise in the comment section. I specifically mentioned that it was the only one that received a heart by Attacker72 and a response from him. In case you guys didn't look for the comment, here's what it said:

I know the nature of 4chan leaks, and that they should never be taken seriously.
However, this "leak" is quite unique given that it is not your typical "let me provide a string of the remaining characters that have not been released yet as pass them off as fact", and that all characters (minus Min Min) are here. So, giving this leak the benefit of a doubt, and assuming that this is going somewhere, there are a few key things to take away from this:

- BOTH Erdrick and the Luminary were listed. Considering they both became playable under the "Hero" moniker, and that NO one was predicting the name Luminary as much as Erdrick back then; that makes this a bit more interesting.

- Geno's name is not here. This coincidences with certain discussions underway then in which Geno was never taken seriously, that the creator wasn't even that interested in him, and that he returned just as a Mii Costume.

- However, this might imply that some characters listed here like Heihachi and Ezio were taken seriously at one point, only to become Miis later.

- Although her name is not there, Min Min potentially falls under the "Nintendo bias" category. Meaning, she could've easily gotten in at anytime through the planning phases of Fighter Pass 2 because of her immediate ties to Nintendo (in addition to the director of ARMS wanting her in). I believe that Byleth may also be in this bias category, but given he/she is there and NOT Eldegard (she was a hotly speculated character at the time), that is another point in this "leak's" favour.

- This also may indicate that third parties need to have a much larger window of interactions with Nintendo. This may be evidenced by how long Steve was under discussion, and how long Phil Spencer said he wanted Banjo-Kazooie in.

- Which would explain why Cuphead only got a Mii Costume when their creators openly expressed interest for him in Smash in just early 2019.

- Doomguy's name is there, indicating that Bethesda did indeed talk to Nintendo about getting him playable; like they said.

- Travis Touchdown's name is not there; which coincidences with his Mii Costume reveal.

- a Gen 8 Pokemon rep not being there adds up given they only got a DLC Spirit event, and their time to get in to promote Sword and Shield DLC has passed.

- Just the fact that EVERY DLC third party character to date is there makes this list VERY fascinating.

Apologizes for this long LONG list, but that is how much things I found with this leak that is going in its favour. This leak is worth keeping an eye on, at least.

I have seen this guy on Twitter before, and he has some really good points. He even thinks that May 11th, 2020 "leak" is fake. Likewise, he makes some excellent points here. He is a Shantae supporter, but is open to other characters joining. I wish he was here on SmashBoards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom