• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Dukefire

Smash Master
What!?
Screenshot_20200807-042224_YouTube.jpg

Guess them touching on Anime is expanding their experiences.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A WayForward game announcement being done independently outside of the usual venues, as expected. :popcorn:

Kinda figured they would have something up their sleeves to continue filling up the milestones, and RWBY is big enough to fit that.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Awesome. RWBY is something I can stand behind, and I'm sure they're going to do a good job with it, so I'm really looking to seeing how it is :D

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Unrelated, but Sony has thrown the gauntlet for the PS5 price and release date.

In the meantime, here's an art dump.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
A WayForward game announcement being done independently outside of the usual venues, as expected. :popcorn:

Kinda figured they would have something up their sleeves to continue filling up the milestones, and RWBY is big enough to fit that.
Thanks, EarlTamm EarlTamm lol

Edit: This post is in reference to this other one if anyone was wondering:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So much for that exclusivity deal for Will of the Wisps, eh? Never knew they had it in 'em to finish the job. :tomnook:

Also, I knew we wouldn't have Smash news in a Direct that is specifically only about third parties.

So, at this point we might hear of the next Smash news next week or the start of October.

In the meantime, here's an analysis that's been posted:

I've worked since the end of last year to document the release dates of amiibo figures and character releases dates to see how in-close proximity each are to one another. It eventually got a point where I realized that each amiibo wave released would release within around 2 weeks of a character release. Now granted, 2 weeks doesn't happen every time (and is just a rough estimate of the average) and the largest gap between dates has been 18 days, but nothing has gone above that threshold yet.

So, I decided to take all of those dates, convert them to a universal scale, and make a math equation based on the data!

Turn out the r and r^2 values are near 1! What this basically means is, there is a good degree of relationship between both dates. So, using the equation, it's possible to approximate actual DLC release dates using just amiibo dates! Now granted, it is just math, so again, it's more so about precision rather than accuracy. And it's not guaranteed that every prediction will be right. But, it exists!

I only wanted to post about this to show that it is indeed possible! Here's the data chart I have as well!

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
So much for that exclusivity deal for Will of the Wisps, eh? Never knew they had it in 'em to finish the job. :tomnook:

Also, I knew we wouldn't have Smash news in a Direct that is specifically only about third parties.

Super stoked though about Will of the Wisps. I don't have an XBox / gaming PC so this is perfect. That Collector's Edition is beautiful too, I preordered that and can't wait.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Have you ever wondered what milestone 30 is gonna be? So far we've had 23. There are upcoming games, but the ones announced so far are not enough to reach 30.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Me when:

Both the amiibo and 7/11 ad patterns active at once? Looks like it could be it. Although...

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Doesn't matter if an ad is only up to a certain date. It's just conjecture. But still it's getting closer to xmas, so it definitely makes sense to announce it soon, at least for a november or december release. Ideally October XD

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter if an ad is only up to a certain date. It's just conjecture. But still it's getting closer to xmas, so it definitely makes sense to announce it soon, at least for a november or december release. Ideally October XD
I predict that the rest of the fighters will release in 2021-2022, after challenger pack 7, we might not get another reveal until 2021 or 2022.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
At most, we may get two characters to end 2020. One in a near date and another in December and January 2021.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
At most, we may get two characters to end 2020. One in a near date and another in December and January 2021.
Tho possible, I would say that is highly wishful thinking. It might be that two more were planned, but DLC is the easiest plan to move to another date as it doesn't affect the games sales as much. I think will will get one more and maybe an announcement of who the next one after that is or a date in sometime in January on when the next one will be announced.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In any case I can expect two characters at most announced before the year ends. Otherwise, they can only delay so much before they get more dangerously closer to the December 2021 deadline. Something will definitely happen by the end of the second week of October, I feel, since it's the best time to announce something without having to wade into a sea of game events and holidays.

Also, on an indie note, guess who's giving the silent treatment this time?

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Starting to get really sweaty here with the potential heat building up on the 7/11 ad in japan.

Guess this music can somewhat show the feeling of smash news is imminent

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Starting to get really sweaty here with the potential heat building up on the 7/11 ad in japan.

Guess this music can somewhat show the feeling of smash news is imminent
From this point on, I'll play this song in the last quarter hour till the next reveal.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
This song represents the days waiting for Smash news, and they just go on and on seemingly without end....
2:00 is when the news FINALLY COMES!

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
From this point on, I'll play this song in the last quarter hour till the next reveal.
And this is the song I'll hear between the announcement of a presentation and the presentation itself.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
With all due respect to Ms. Vee, I found her tweets to be incredibly frustrating.
She's a troll, in every sense of the word. >-<
Plenty of people dont see any other meessges in her tweets, its purely on you and others that take them as more than what they mean.

etnoika

Smash Cadet
Christina Vee's twitter isn't any different from other e-celeb twitters in my opinion. Except during the quarantine. Some of her tweets got really, really... bizarre.

Top Bottom