• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Congratz on reaching 1000 pages and 40,000 posts! Here's to the next milestone (which hopefully will be a playable Shantae).
Lol you snagged the 40k post ;p
Well, that milestone is reached i guess.

I gotta go though. Y'all have fun :D

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
So how do you think Shantae would react/interact with some of these guys?
Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega as an alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt

Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Alex Kidd
Segata Sanshiro
Joker

Mega Man
Pac-Man
I can't even think how she would interact with everybody, but she would probably get along great with Amy Rose and Blaze.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Speaking of a Shantae Fighting Game...
It is actually something I've randomly come up with on a noon walk.

I guess Hyper Dragon Ball Z left some impression on me.
And before I knew it, I had an idea for a Shantae themed Mugen/Ikemen game.
One that focused on Half-Genie's as characters.

Of course, Shantae would be one of them. Duh!
But all the other Half-Genie characters from Seven Sirens would be characters as well.
Not only allowing them to shine at all, but also exploring new abilities and heights, fitting for their character.
And then I thought of a couple new Half-Genie characters. Raising the number of characters to around 8 to 10.

Like I said, a random idea that just so happened to pop up inside my head.
Thoughts? ^^;
I figured I might as well show the game that basicly inspired this idea of mine.

Imagine something like this, but less DBZ and more Shantae.
That's basically it. ^^;

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Wow we hit that sooner than I expected. Congratulations to the 1,000 pages, 40,000 posts, and almost 2 and a half years of Shantae discussion.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Wow I remembered back when we hit 500 pages. Nice.

CONGRATS TO ALL THE SHANTAE FANS AROUND THE WORLD. WE ARE RET 2 GO

NOW ALL THAT IS NEEDED IS SHANTAE TO BE IN THE ULTIMATE SMASH GAME!!!!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Someone posted about a poll result in the social thread, and thought to share it since shantae is there high enough. Though the poll is kinda questionable.. for obvious reasons when you see who's 1st lol. Edit: Also, I love Conker, but who in their right minds thinks he could get into smash XD

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Congrats on reaching 1,000 pages, everyone.

Now here's to a 1,000 more...but hopefully Shantae will be in the game before then.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Truth be told, with that poll, I wouldn't mind Heavy Weapons Guy as a Smash fighter lol

But hot damn 1k pages and 40k posts. Last I joined in here was when, IIRC it was about 160-something pages? It's been a wild ride and I hadn't been on it the whole time, but damn it was nice to see Shantae explode in popularity. For real, she's starting to approach Stage 4 of the Fandom Life Cycle, and that's pretty awesome.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Just went back to see where I first chimed in. Page 6, post 230, all the way back in March of 2018. How time flies.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
It's interesting to look back then and compare it to now. Shantae back in the Smash 4 Days had only three games to her name. During Smash Ult, Half-Genie Hero released. By then, the Ballot, hosted by the late Iwata, ended around October 3rd, 2015. And while we had arguments to us, she was still relatively unknown, and we didn't know how far she was in Japan, though Ken Sugimori knew of her at least. By that time, IIRC most of the DLC had released, excluding the out-of-nowhere Pajama Mode DLC. And during the course of DLC 1 and DLC 2, Seven Sirens was hyped and released in parts. By that point in of itself, Lab Zero teased Shantae for Indivisible, Trigger animated the opening cutscene for Seven Siren, Promare came attatched with a Seven Sirens promo, and a megaton of merch released. It's quite startling, typing this out, how five years made all the difference in the world for Shantae.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's interesting to look back then and compare it to now. Shantae back in the Smash 4 Days had only three games to her name. During Smash Ult, Half-Genie Hero released. By then, the Ballot, hosted by the late Iwata, ended around October 3rd, 2015. And while we had arguments to us, she was still relatively unknown, and we didn't know how far she was in Japan, though Ken Sugimori knew of her at least. By that time, IIRC most of the DLC had released, excluding the out-of-nowhere Pajama Mode DLC. And during the course of DLC 1 and DLC 2, Seven Sirens was hyped and released in parts. By that point in of itself, Lab Zero teased Shantae for Indivisible, Trigger animated the opening cutscene for Seven Siren, Promare came attatched with a Seven Sirens promo, and a megaton of merch released. It's quite startling, typing this out, how five years made all the difference in the world for Shantae.
Lol yup, good memory. ;p
She definitely came a long way, especially in being known, in the last years.

D

Deleted member

Someone posted about a poll result in the social thread, and thought to share it since shantae is there high enough. Though the poll is kinda questionable.. for obvious reasons when you see who's 1st lol. Edit: Also, I love Conker, but who in their right minds thinks he could get into smash XD

Considering the person who made that poll used to be a TF2 fan account and shared the poll on Reddit, it's clearly biased towards Heavy.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Considering the person who made that poll used to be a TF2 fan account and shared the poll on Reddit, it's clearly biased towards Heavy.
That makes a lot of sense, thanks for pointing that out. I still think some of the other characters might have had fan bases come in droves too. And still wondering why Conker made it that far, he's pretty much known for more mature content now :p

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It's also partially because it's a fan poll hosted by some random dude on Twitter, so he's kinda relying on people seeing it and spreading it for him. Near the end someone posted it on the TF2 subreddit, so it was just exposed to a lot of TF2 fans. That being said, this poll is still kinda biased, if not unintentionally, because it couldn't properly spread out.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Can't trust fan polls to determine who is the most requested due to bias of the internet on the spicy flavors for whatever is hot.
Here is a Shantae artwork for passing 1000 pages
Artist: edwardsdigitalstudios
shantae_beach_siren_heros_by_edwardsdigitalstudio_de2n6i4-fullview.jpg

Again, it doesn't matter who's popular, relavancy and possible other factors. If Sakurai and Nintendo can work it out, then it can happen.(Plus, FP2 DLC remaining challengers are locked in, so no changes other then the order they appear.)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Also, I love Conker, but who in their right minds thinks he could get into smash XD
N64/Rareware fans like myself. I mean, after Banjo & Kazooie got in the next obvious N64 rep in almost everyone's minds would be Conker. Yes, his game is pretty mature with language, toilet humor, and sexual jokes. But they could tone him down for Smash.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I joined on page 117, but had been lurking for a while before that. Man, we've come a long way.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, seriously, I don't get why Conker has to be singled out as this impossible naughty Cartman fan demand. It's not the early 00s anymore, M-rated characters have been accepted in Smash since then.

Well, the poll was posted on the Reddit for Team Fortress 2...the bias is entirely on purpose.

At this point, fan polls should be conducted at least 6 years later, not this soon.

etnoika

Smash Cadet
Man, I miss checking this thread for a day and we zoom right past 1000, anyway, congratulations everyone! Hopefully this won't be the last time we get to celebrate in this thread.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
N64/Rareware fans like myself. I mean, after Banjo & Kazooie got in the next obvious N64 rep in almost everyone's minds would be Conker. Yes, his game is pretty mature with language, toilet humor, and sexual jokes. But they could tone him down for Smash.
I mean I guess N64 rep maybe but if we’re referring to Rare then Battletoads would make more sense.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Whoah! You reached 1001 pages. Congratulations.

Now I'm kind of bummed out I didn't get the 40K reply GET. Oh well.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean I guess N64 rep maybe but if we’re referring to Rare then Battletoads would make more sense.
Conker is always right in front with Banjo & Kazooie in Rare promotional art, so he's kind of important to the company. Battletoads could get in first, but Conker would make just as much sense.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really don't think Conker is a character nintendo would want to represent in smash.
But I guess you proved to me that some people think it could be ok, lol. Still quite a lot of votes for him, compared to .. well, never seeing him in polls usually.

The only sliver of hope that makes me think there's a very very small chance he could be in is because of Bayonetta.
In a way I'm glad bayo made it in because that's good news for characters that show more as well.

Edit: Saw some new shantae pixel art:

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I really don't think Conker is a character nintendo would want to represent in smash.
But I guess you proved to me that some people think it could be ok, lol. Still quite a lot of votes for him, compared to .. well, never seeing him in polls usually.

The only sliver of hope that makes me think there's a very very small chance he could be in is because of Bayonetta.
In a way I'm glad bayo made it in because that's good news for characters that show more as well.

Edit: Saw some new shantae pixel art:

High quality pixel art there

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Lol yeah.

It's funny everyone's gone quiet on the thread today. Too much partying for shantae yesterday ;p

Top Bottom