• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This whole argument is bleeding pointless, it's best to wait until something happens before assuming a pattern is established. Or doesn't.

That said, they're continuing their milestones still:

And the game has successfully made its way to Japan, too!

MattX20

Smash Hero
This whole argument is bleeding pointless, it's best to wait until something happens before assuming a pattern is established. Or doesn't.

That said, they're continuing their milestones still:

And the game has successfully made its way to Japan, too!

Isn't Shantae for the GBC also on the way there with its worldwide re-release this time?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
All speculation is useless really :p We just don't have anything better to talk about, lol.

I guess the mummy game doesn't seem that bad, it's a platformer shooter, which I dont mind. Would probably only get it on sale though, I have too many games to play already XD

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Isn't Shantae for the GBC also on the way there with its worldwide re-release this time?
Might be, if they're scrambling for more things to have to fill up the remaining 12 milestones.

All speculation is useless really :p We just don't have anything better to talk about, lol.

I guess the mummy game doesn't seem that bad, it's a platformer shooter, which I dont mind. Would probably only get it on sale though, I have too many games to play already XD
I can attest that it is a good game (as if there was much doubt regarding WF's licensed work). WF has sales often enough, so you're in luck, I guess.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Might be, if they're scrambling for more things to have to fill up the remaining 12 milestones.

I can attest that it is a good game (as if there was much doubt regarding WF's licensed work). WF has sales often enough, so you're in luck, I guess.
Wayforward licensed titles are rarely bad, if at all. They've got a better track record than most

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
MinMin for starters
Uh-huh.
And that's just because, 1st the new Min Min spirit is a different type of spirit, and 2nd, Min Min only existed as a spirit in the base game, but was later added as a playable character.

And I think this is the only way a Spirit of the exact same character can be re-added into the game: As a Fighter Spirit and thus also as a playable character.
But I don't think this will happen for Risky Boots.

But yeah, you suggested a new Risky Boots spirit, just to update to her Seven Sirens artstyle.
So the Min Min situation is completely different from the scenario you first presented.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Here is one of the games WF worked on.
That game was considered good for an Aliens title. Wayforward aslo worked on Ducktales Remastered, Godzilla Domination, Contra 4, the Batman the Brave and the Bold video game, among many others

Dukefire

Smash Master
I bet that could be part of the Milestone for WF as a way to show their history

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Never mind, looks like we're not getting any kind of regular event.

Things be weird right now.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Never mind, looks like we're not getting any kind of regular event.

Things be weird right now.
Turns out we got a bonus stage

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I find this situation a bit hilarious since we once had a pic of the day featuring a version of Battlefield with assets from Smash 4, and folks thought that would be DLC.

Also, song selection for some stages has been expanded, apparently.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I find this situation a bit hilarious since we once had a pic of the day featuring a version of Battlefield with assets from Smash 4, and folks thought that would be DLC.

Also, song selection for some stages has been expanded, apparently.
So do you think the new Battlefield was the Battlefield in those pics?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
PacMaze needs to return after this
I believe the reason Pacmaze never came back was because it's gimmick wouldn't work with multiple players all using the same screen. since the screen would change for the person who got the power pellet.

Tho if that is the reason they could make it either a online multiplayer only stage or simply remove the power pellet gimmick when being used in local multiplayer.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I believe the reason Pacmaze never came back was because it's gimmick wouldn't work with multiple players all using the same screen. since the screen would change for the person who got the power pellet.

Tho if that is the reason they could make it either a online multiplayer only stage or simply remove the power pellet gimmick when being used in local multiplayer.
They can modify it to make it work

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Man, I missed out on a lot. Not the new stages one, though. Some people are speculating that due to the music selection being on Pokemon's icon, that it's an indication of a Gen 8 rep. I personally don't find any outstanding evidence that can put this into anything aside from ghostly speculations.

As for the PS1 prototype, it would be interesting to see how different Shantae would have been if she were released on that platform. Would she then be a PS Battle Royale candidate? It's all kinds of weird and I like weird.

As for the figurines, what about the Totaku one that's supposedly releasing sometime in the nebulous future? I suppose they're looking at the Vinyl Pop figurines to get an indication of sales expectations and I bet that the Covid Pandemic has affected them somewhat severely, though it's been a long while since I've last seen that announcement from them.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Man, I missed out on a lot. Not the new stages one, though. Some people are speculating that due to the music selection being on Pokemon's icon, that it's an indication of a Gen 8 rep. I personally don't find any outstanding evidence that can put this into anything aside from ghostly speculations.

As for the PS1 prototype, it would be interesting to see how different Shantae would have been if she were released on that platform. Would she then be a PS Battle Royale candidate? It's all kinds of weird and I like weird.

As for the figurines, what about the Totaku one that's supposedly releasing sometime in the nebulous future? I suppose they're looking at the Vinyl Pop figurines to get an indication of sales expectations and I bet that the Covid Pandemic has affected them somewhat severely, though it's been a long while since I've last seen that announcement from them.
Pretty sure the sales for them were fine

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I guess I'm missing out on whatever's happening around this new update. Wouldn't surprise me if something pokemon was coming, though it'd be sloppy of nintendo to let slip something :p Havent looked into it tho so i dunno if it really means anything.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I guess I'm missing out on whatever's happening around this new update. Wouldn't surprise me if something pokemon was coming, though it'd be sloppy of nintendo to let slip something :p Havent looked into it tho so i dunno if it really means anything.
A Gen 8 Pokemon is highly unlikely given the recent spirit event

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Are they seriously thinking that because the icon is on Pokemon that the next character will be Pokemon? That's like saying: "Oh look Sakurai went to the aquarium on the holiday! OCTOLINGS CONFIRMED!!!1!1" This **** is getting old guys.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Lol what. Why woudl we get another battlefield out of nowhere? :p
The official reason is that they wanted a Battlefield-type stage that was just right: Regular Battlefield was seen as too big for 1 Vs 1 matches and FD was seen as "too lacking".

The unofficial reason, most likely getting themselves ready to prepare the next fighter announcement.

Also, we are getting a tournament after all, but it's not especially enthralling...

That said, as far as standalone bonus DLC stages go, I wouldn't expect more than three.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The official reason is that they wanted a Battlefield-type stage that was just right: Regular Battlefield was seen as too big for 1 Vs 1 matches and FD was seen as "too lacking".

The unofficial reason, most likely getting themselves ready to prepare the next fighter announcement.

Also, we are getting a tournament after all, but it's not especially enthralling...

Hmm...the fact that we've gotten quite a few tournaments lately and the only spirit events thus far with new content were Square IPs is interesting

Dukefire

Smash Master
Spot the difference.

Still, it does prove they can make stages for free with an update. Though, what character for Challenger 7 and possibly 8 would get people rolling again with hype?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It feels like a bit of a waste to just drop big titles without a hype direct. Is it really that much trouble to make a full direct and drop it and some other big stuff?

MattX20

Smash Hero
It feels like a bit of a waste to just drop big titles without a hype direct. Is it really that much trouble to make a full direct and drop it and some other big stuff?
My guess is that Nintendo's going to be more heavily focused on Mario's 35th anniversary this year, hence why Pikmin 3 was shadowdropped

Top Bottom