• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's source codes to almost all their big games from the 90s and 00s so it's nothing small to look over.
It's on their list, but not their top priority is what I said. Right now, they've got to deal with their investors and more and more increasingly agitated/starved customer base. They need to get the rest of their 2020 lineup revealed soon

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't really know what's all been going on with them, but Nintendo needs to up their game!

And put shantae into smash ;p

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
the art book by UDON is now available for preorder

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...you ever think Shantae would ever get action figures like Figmas or something?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Sure. So it's important to you that you can make it poseable?
It allows for a lot more to do than stay in one pose, plus a Figma would allow more hands and alternate facial expressions for more fun scenarios.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It allows for a lot more to do than stay in one pose, plus a Figma would allow more hands and alternate facial expressions for more fun scenarios.
Lol, all the way to different facial expressions? Well, I get it lets you do more than admire them in the same pose. I havent really played with any of my figures so to me it's not too important for now, but I dont mind being able to change them and see them in a different way too. I don't know if they're made often, I've only seen a few.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Lol, all the way to different facial expressions? Well, I get it lets you do more than admire them in the same pose. I havent really played with any of my figures so to me it's not too important for now, but I dont mind being able to change them and see them in a different way too. I don't know if they're made often, I've only seen a few.
It's something most modern collector based toylines like S.H. Figuarts, Figmas, and even some Western toylines have done as of late

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's something most modern collector based toylines like S.H. Figuarts, Figmas, and even some Western toylines have done as of late
If it's getting more popular then that's good. Give it a few years for shantae to get one? :p Maybe faster if she gets in smash :)

MattX20

Smash Hero
Knowing that the ARMS spirit board ultimately re-used 4 spirits for Min Min, would Shantae reuse the Risky Boots spirit or would a new one of her be included for consistency?

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Knowing that the ARMS spirit board ultimately re-used 4 spirits for Min Min, would Shantae reuse the Risky Boots spirit or would a new one of her be included for consistency?
Did the ARMS Spirit Board have new spirits for the characters that were already featured as spirits?

Why overthink it?
Just include the old Shantae spirits into the Shantae Spirit Board alongside the new ones.
Instead of wasting time and resources re-inventing things that were already there.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Did the ARMS Spirit Board have new spirits for the characters that were already featured as spirits?

Why overthink it?
Just include the old Shantae spirits into the Shantae Spirit Board alongside the new ones.
Instead of wasting time and resources re-inventing things that were already there.
I ask because if they don't use the HGH artstyle, they might make a new Risky Boots spirit

MattX20

Smash Hero
That is assuming we don't get a Seven Sirens spirit event, anyway.

Which reminds me, we should theoretically be hearing of a spirit event tonight at 9PM EST.
Most likely. We already had a tournament for Smash 4 newcomers not long ago and it's going to be a little while longer before one of those is announced again

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Hmm...you ever think Shantae would ever get action figures like Figmas or something?
Not sure on Figmas, since those are pretty expensive usually and require a large following for the company to make it worth their while, but Nendoroids? Yes please.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Not sure on Figmas, since those are pretty expensive usually and require a large following for the company to make it worth their while, but Nendoroids? Yes please.
Not so much a fan of Nendoroids given their limited articulation and heavily chibified appearances

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like the full figure that already exist, the only problem is that it's too expensive. I like chibi character too though so I'd think about getting it if it was affordable :)
Amiibo for sure too :D

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I actually love Nendoroids they've been making a lot of characters lately similar to Funko pops making a whole lot of characters and I hope Good Smile Company will make a Shantae Nendoroid in the future.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Still, Shantae merchandise has been getting more common since her games are becoming more popular with every new installment

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I'm also waiting for that Totaku figure for Shantae to be shown off because I've started collecting Totaku figures since they announced Shantae coming. They're not bad but I do prefer amiibos because they're better quality.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I ask because if they don't use the HGH artstyle, they might make a new Risky Boots spirit
And why would they care about something so trivial?
Again, making new content requires time and resources.
And I honestly don't think any reasonable dev team would want to waste anything over a simple character image.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
And why would they care about something so trivial?
Again, making new content requires time and resources.
And I honestly don't think any reasonable dev team would want to waste anything over a simple character image.
What theyd probably do is use a Risky spirit with her ship or whatever.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I also don't think there will be any Seven Sirens spirit event. iirc, there hasn't been any third party with spirits already in the game that has received an extra spirit event. It's all been first party spirits to promote new games or third party spirits from unrepresented franchises.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
What theyd probably do is use a Risky spirit with her ship or whatever.
That'd be one way. But the main character of the spirit would be the ship then and Risky is just part of the artwork.

Either way, making a new actual Risky Spirit, just to "update" her artwork to the Seven Sirens artwork...
It's just re-inventing the wheel over a trivial and petty issue.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I also don't think there will be any Seven Sirens spirit event. iirc, there hasn't been any third party with spirits already in the game that has received an extra spirit event. It's all been first party spirits to promote new games or third party spirits from unrepresented franchises.
All I see in this is another pattern for Nintendo to break. :p

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Do they have spirits of old and new designs? I haven't really taken a look much at the spirits there. I'm not sure how much they care about the designs being newer ones or not.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Do they have spirits of old and new designs? I haven't really taken a look much at the spirits there. I'm not sure how much they care about the designs being newer ones or not.
For a few characters/franchises, yes.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
For a few characters/franchises, yes.
Point then out, please.
I can't think of two seperate spirits for the exact same character.

And i don't mean spirits based on poses or alternate versions of the same character (like Sports Mario's or the different personas of K Rool).
But two different spirits for the same character, no different versions/personas, with just the artstyle being different.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Point then out, please.
I can't think of two seperate spirits for the exact same character.

And i don't mean spirits based on poses or alternate versions of the same character (like Sports Mario's or the different personas of K Rool).
But two different spirits for the same character, no different versions/personas, with just the artstyle being different.
MinMin for starters

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Arms only has one game though. I'm not sure I consider the design 'new' in that sense.

For Shantae I'm guess she'd get the new design as a fighter, but maybe risky boots wouldnt get a new one.

Top Bottom