• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
All this Shantae stuff happening September, Seven Sirens releasing in Japan in October Fighter 7 likely to release the same time as the new Smash amiibo come out (consistent wtih previous new character reveals coming out at the same time other smash amiibo come out) is you guessed it September and early October.

MattX20

Smash Hero
All this Shantae stuff happening September, Seven Sirens releasing in Japan in October Fighter 7 likely to release the same time as the new Smash amiibo come out (consistent wtih previous new character reveals coming out at the same time other smash amiibo come out) is you guessed it September and early October.
Pretty sure the Switch re-release of the original Shantae is worldwide also.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
There are murmurs of a Nintendo announcement some time in August. Smash news has been rather barren in 2020, with the tease of Min Min happening in March and the reveal and release happening in June. They've got 5 more characters to reveal and release in 16 months. Sakurai has said that development on Smash DLC hasn't been affected much, so I doubt the pandemic is to blame for lack of news. I just think Nintendo is waiting to gather enough announcements and resources to put together a direct. And for Nintendo's sake I hope the direct has enough to make people happy. Hell, make it an hour and a half and call it the Nintendo Direct Movie.

MattX20

Smash Hero
There are murmurs of a Nintendo announcement some time in August. Smash news has been rather barren in 2020, with the tease of Min Min happening in March and the reveal and release happening in June. They've got 5 more characters to reveal and release in 16 months. Sakurai has said that development on Smash DLC hasn't been affected much, so I doubt the pandemic is to blame for lack of news. I just think Nintendo is waiting to gather enough announcements and resources to put together a direct. And for Nintendo's sake I hope the direct has enough to make people happy. Hell, make it an hour and a half and call it the Nintendo Direct Movie.
With August presentations, at least global ones, they all occurred in the first week of the month. So, if we do get anything, it's either sometime this week or towards the end of the month if March's Direct Mini is anything to go by

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
With August presentations, at least global ones, they all occurred in the first week of the month. So, if we do get anything, it's either sometime this week or towards the end of the month if March's Direct Mini is anything to go by
I hope Nintendo keeps bucking traditions. Not because I think it'll happen any particular time, but because my birthday is on a Tuesday in the middle of the month lol

MattX20

Smash Hero
I hope Nintendo keeps bucking traditions. Not because I think it'll happen any particular time, but because my birthday is on a Tuesday in the middle of the month lol
A lot of factors are pointing to something happening in August, but we're not sure what at the moment

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ura Ura assumed it could also be next week, so anything but the third week is seen as likely right now.

The only supposed hint is HotGirlVideos69's recent statement about something possibly happening on the 10th (if nothing happens tonight at JST), if Nintendo doesn't decide to save everything until September, which is presumably when Mario's big celebration happens.

The likeliest thing that could happen at the moment is the next Partners Mini, since a Taiwanese rating happened for No More Heroes 1 recently.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ura Ura assumed it could also be next week, so anything but the third week is seen as likely right now.

The only supposed hint is HotGirlVideos69's recent statement about something possibly happening on the 10th (if nothing happens tonight at JST), if Nintendo doesn't decide to save everything until September, which is presumably when Mario's big celebration happens.

The likeliest thing that could happen at the moment is the next Partners Mini, since a Taiwanese rating happened for No More Heroes 1 recently.
I doubt it's going to be another Partner Showcase that soon. I'm leaning more towards a mini similar to the one from March because of the upcoming 35th anniversary for Mario

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Considering how slow it's been, I expect or would hope the next announcement (For a character) is this month or up to mid-septemper. Later than that is pretty crazy. :O

MattX20

Smash Hero
Considering how slow it's been, I expect or would hope the next announcement (For a character) is this month or up to mid-septemper. Later than that is pretty crazy. :O
Nintendo can't afford to without encouraging the wrath of their investors/shareholders

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, you know what they say, better late than never. Preferably before :ultmario:'s birthday blowout comes to pass, anyway.

Let's just be patient.

I try to be, but others have been information starved longer than usual, so they're getting fairly impatient since we didn't have an E3 Direct like last year

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I hope to god the NYC store is open by the time the next fighter gets revealed, I miss seeing that crowd of people freaking out over Smash reveals.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I hope to god the NYC store is open by the time the next fighter gets revealed, I miss seeing that crowd of people freaking out over Smash reveals.
Even if it doesn't get reopened for that, it's not like there won't be a lot of reactions from Twitch and Youtube streams that will inevitably be in compilations

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, what are your favorite music tracks of the Shantae series and hope would come with her or be remixed for Ultimate?

MattX20

Smash Hero
One of the music tracks that could be remixed would be Scuttle Town
That would be practically guaranteed to be included in the game. Tracks like Run Run Rottytops or others from Pirate's Curse and HGH would be nice too

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Since you lot like to read text leaks so much, this one has apparently got her to take pause.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Ah ****, here we go again.
Props to this supposed leaker for at least being pretty reasonable, though. I don't think it's happening, but the supposed content I could believe. As for the date, I'll just file it with the rest. List every date, but don't put too much stock in them. Better to have a bunch of checkpoints than to gaze into the endless void.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ah ****, here we go again.
Props to this supposed leaker for at least being pretty reasonable, though. I don't think it's happening, but the supposed content I could believe.As for the date, I'll just file it with the rest. List every date, but don't put too much stock in them. Better to have a bunch of checkpoints than to gaze into the endless void.
Considering how often leakers have been wrong lately, it's okay to take her words with a grain of salt

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Considering how often leakers have been wrong lately, it's okay to take her words with a grain of salt
I stopped trusting Tiffany after the "Solve this puzzle for a face reveal!" thing, which happened shortly after one of the supposed dates turned out wrong. Just felt like they were asking for leaker clout. Doesn't help that her track record has consisted of vague unhelpful hints and saying what everyone else has been saying.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There haven't really be a lot of good leakers anwyay.
And the community pushed away those that knew about the mini direct lol

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, I really hope the NYC store is open if Shantae and Geno get's in as I love seeing the crowd's reaction.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah, I really hope the NYC store is open if Shantae and Geno get's in as I love seeing the crowd's reaction.
Again, even if we don't get a NYC store reaction, there will be plenty elsewhere. Twitch chats would likely go nuts over Geno alone

Dukefire

Smash Master
Lets hope that August doesn't become another
Screenshot_20200803-205057_YouTube.jpg

For Nintendo news based on the Rumors and Leaks

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I imagine Nintendo investigating their employees and stuff could be their top priority right now as somebody at Nintendo probably helped the hackers dumped all those source codes and files from the servers onto the Internet a la Giga leak.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I imagine Nintendo investigating their employees and stuff could be their top priority right now as somebody at Nintendo probably helped the hackers dumped all those source codes and files from the servers onto the Internet a la Giga leak.
It might be on their list, but I doubt it's their top priority

Top Bottom