• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hey guys! How’s it going around here? Made this for Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy for her birthday yesterday, and thought I’d share it here too.
View attachment 278437

Also I’m working on getting Seven Sirens soon.

At least watch a playthrough of RR since there’s some plot stuff that might help you understand what’s going on in PC.
I missed her birthday? Ah shucks. Happy belated birthday!

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
The lead up to July 20th is heating up right now. Honestly I can see this Direct going two ways:

1. It's a 35th Mario Anniversary Direct and they go over various things including
the rumored Mario remasters,
the Mario movie in the works, Paper Mario briefly, any new Mario spinoff games like Golf or Strikers, Super Nintendo World at Universal, and a Mario character like Paper Mario, Geno, or Waluigi coming to Smash.

2. It's a general direct or direct mini focusing on the remainder of 2020, and with a heavy focus on Mario. The same characters are likely for Smash during that segment, but everyone else is also on the table.

I'm personally expecting to see the firsts one, but I prefer more variety so I hope it's the latter.

Edit: Zippo has now confirmed the rumored Direct.
20200715_094645.png

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
From the latest Sakurai column:

There are only 5 more DLC fighters! After they have been released, the continuous Smash development from Smash for 3DS/Wii U will finally come to an end. The team is already underway developing the remaining characters, and will continue doing their best working from home.
So if Shantae doesn't make it in this time, it's okay! Don't panic. Her series is alive and here to stay, so there's always next time.

The lead up to July 20th is heating up right now. Honestly I can see this Direct going two ways:

1. It's a 35th Mario Anniversary Direct and they go over various things including
the rumored Mario remasters,
the Mario movie in the works, Paper Mario briefly, any new Mario spinoff games like Golf or Strikers, Super Nintendo World at Universal, and a Mario character like Paper Mario, Geno, or Waluigi coming to Smash.

2. It's a general direct or direct mini focusing on the remainder of 2020, and with a heavy focus on Mario. The same characters are likely for Smash during that segment, but everyone else is also on the table.

I'm personally expecting to see the firsts one, but I prefer more variety so I hope it's the latter.

Edit: Zippo has now confirmed the rumored Direct.
Given what King Zippo stated recently (plus the fact that only 4 SKUs were seen in Gamestop's database recently), I find it likelier that it'll be a general Direct. Also, there is an account that was uncovered for Mario's 35th: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...rivate_mario_35th_anniversary_twitter_account

That said...

>3D World

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
From the latest Sakurai column:

So if Shantae doesn't make it in this time, it's okay! Don't panic. Her series is alive and here to stay, so there's always next time.

Given what King Zippo stated recently (plus the fact that only 4 SKUs were seen in Gamestop's database recently), I find it likelier that it'll be a general Direct. Also, there is an account that was uncovered for Mario's 35th: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...rivate_mario_35th_anniversary_twitter_account

That said...

>3D World
I think the fact there are only 4 SKUs actually makes it likelier it'll be a Mario Direct.
Mario 64 HD, Sunshine HD, Galaxy HD, and 3D World. Those will be the 4 games.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I want to see Shantae in smash :D

only 5 days to the 20th, so if the rumor and the 'new' tag being gone is anything, we might see who's next :) Very curious who.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Not wanting to ruin the traction too much, but just remember to tread carefully since news can be anyone's guess till revealed. So, surprises and/or salt are around the corner (maybe).
Screenshot_20191026-222634_YouTube.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm open to any possibility Duke, whether it be Geno, Crash, Master Chief, Jonesy flossing all day or whoever else.

I just want the Direct and/or reveal to be over with so that we can all stop assuming every reveal will be done like :ultminmin's.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yeah, the burning thoughts about the Direct and challenger 7 reveal is starting to cook me into well done.

Edit: and no not just because of the Summer heat.
Screenshot_20200517-151624_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's going to be what it's going to be. Exciting or disappointing or whatever it is, it's gonna happen, and we're in for the ride XD

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I'm open to any possibility Duke, whether it be Geno, Crash, Master Chief, Jonesy flossing all day or whoever else.

I just want the Direct and/or reveal to be over with so that we can all stop assuming every reveal will be done like :ultminmin's.
There's also Agent York from Deadly Premonition 2 to consider. Like Bayonetta, the first DP was a cult classic but with no chance of getting a sequel until Nintendo stepped in. Considering they pushed Bayonetta in as a fighter likely to promote their exclusive Bayonetta 2, it's a possibility.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Honestly the only 4 things I wanna see in this Direct (if it's a normal one) are Mario Kart 9, Ace Attorney 7, Shantae or Phoenix in Smash, and something Splatoon.

In other news, this leak popped up on 4chan and knew about the existence of Atelier Ryza 2 a day early, so people think it's legit. Buuuuuut...
bobevansleak.png

It seems Tiffany Treadmore (who just recently popped up as a credible leaker) on Twitter is saying it's fake.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly the only 4 things I wanna see in this Direct (if it's a normal one) are Mario Kart 9, Ace Attorney 7, Shantae or Phoenix in Smash, and something Splatoon.

In other news, this leak popped up on 4chan and knew about the existence of Atelier Ryza 2 a day early, so people think it's legit. Buuuuuut...

It seems Tiffany Treadmore (who just recently popped up as a credible leaker) on Twitter is saying it's fake.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
She probably knows some stuff, but not everything. Honestly i dont think any leaker on twitter or resetera knows everything, too risky.

I wouldnt mine Ryza for smash at all though

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here is the trailer for Ateliar Ryza in case people doesn't know about the series. Though, IDK if a character from there would appear, but an alchemist is interesting to play as. Still, I'm unsure if Ryza would get a rep compared to other potential characters waiting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Here is the trailer for Ateliar Ryza in case people doesn't know about the series. Though, IDK if a character from there would appear, but an alchemist is interesting to play as. Still, I'm unsure if Ryza would get a rep compared to other potential characters waiting.

If they are gonna go for someone from that series, its gonna be here, for the same reasons Joker got picked for the Persona rep. Shes the newedt, and by far the most popular right now.

I honestly see a Ninja Gaiden rep coming first, but its possible sakurai felt he could do a better moveset for her then Ryu.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Man, I absolutely love Atelier Ryza!
Never really gave it any thought, but I'd be absolutely hyped to see her.
She'd have some interesting moves for sure.

Didn't Ryza win a character design prize or something, to which Sakurai made a comment somewhere?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Man, I absolutely love Atelier Ryza!
Never really gave it any thought, but I'd be absolutely hyped to see her.
She'd have some interesting moves for sure.

Didn't Ryza win a character design prize or something, to which Sakurai made a comment somewhere?
Yeah she won a award i think last year. I saw a link about it somewhere on the boards but forget where.

I am surprised their isnt a thread for her yet on the forums. Anyway want to make one? If not I'll make it tonight after work

Dukefire

Smash Master
Smash discussions always has a way to bring games back to the surface and make it more popular.

Dukefire

Smash Master
If Ryza gets into Smash, Shantae should've been in Smash back in Brawl.
It is brought up by a 4chan leak, so I doubt she would appear. Though, surprises with reality is always not the one you expected to see.

Edit: yeah, Brawl was released in 2008 before Pirate's Curse appear 6 years later.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
An Atelier character in smash? :p Well actually that would be great. I don't think it'd happen, but then again Joker made it in, so who knows what could happen :D

In Shantae's favor, she got a lot more votes in the old nintendo polls for sure XD

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I dunno I just don't think I can agree with Ryza getting in. I couldn't care less either way about Atelier, but Ryza getting in over Ryu Hayabusa would be a giant head scratcher for me. That leak is likely incredibly fake though, since people can edit those 4chan posts.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>a random text leak from /v/
>actually being legit on a regular basis
>especially with POWER STONE 3 of all things mentioned

I don't know why you lot continue to pay attention to those things, especially after the Spring Man with alts text leak turned out to be fake. Are you that bored?

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I don't think we can give that leak much credit. If nothing else the titles "Samus' Revenge" and "Return of Ganon" seem very suspect. Firstly, most franchises don't like to tie their characters to things like "revenge" especially a more family friendly brand who usually produces more altruistic protagonists. And "Return of Ganon" is the most nondescript title you could make for a Zelda game. Also seeing them both in the same breath just brings up thoughts of "Return of the Jedi" which was originally going to be "Revenge of the Jedi" and tho no actual logic against it, just seems a tad coincidental.

That said, I have actually never heard of this Ryza character before, so I can't speak to how interesting she would be or if her franchise is important or prestigious enough to be likely, so I will just leave it at that. She has a neat character design, but I can't say I have much hopes for a character I had only heard about yesterday.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
>a random text leak from /v/
>actually being legit on a regular basis
>especially with POWER STONE 3 of all things mentioned

I don't know why you lot continue to pay attention to those things, especially after the Spring Man with alts text leak turned out to be fake. Are you that bored?
Short answer: yes.
Long answer: yes.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The Atlelier series has been around for quite a while, but it's a bit like persona where it's still niche even if it's gotten bigger. And Ryza was the most popular in the series I think. It's entirely possible the sequel will be announced in the direct, but that doesn't mean she'll make it into smash.

I can understand people wanting someone bigger, though personally I'll welcome Ryza if for some reason it would end up true.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Kinda surprised that wasn't an unlockable outfit like her hula one.
It doesn't look particularly conducive to dancing, even if it weren't implausibly fused in a single chunk (seriously, all these disconnected pieces are supposed to somehow completely immobilize you?).

Teeb147

Smash Legend

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
It doesn't look particularly conducive to dancing, even if it weren't implausibly fused in a single chunk (seriously, all these disconnected pieces are supposed to somehow completely immobilize you?).
Extra costumes are never bound by the laws of reality though. Extras are extras. They're not meant to be serious.

Don't really care either way if it was in or not, just thought I'd point that out.

Anyways, some more fanart:

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I don't think the leak is credible.
As for said characters chances... Honestly, I think anything is possible.
There is no video game character I would rule out completely.
Sakurai can be like that.

Top Bottom