• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm conflicted because 3 days ago there was a livestream announcement for a mobile game I enjoy.

Now that wouldn't be an issue normally except both are at the same time today!

Guess I'm double streaming.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Unfortunately Best Buy is supposed to be delivering a freezer for me sometime during the stream so I have to miss it. I'm still going to try and do a reaction video for it though... as long as I don't get spoiled >_>

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm hopeful in just about anything WayForward does so I'm pretty excited (definitely more so than Paper Mario).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The overworld in paper mario doesnt look bad at all. maybe this game will be ok :)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Game looks fun, even though its not exactly the same gameplay style as thousand year door. I'll give it a shot!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Im gonna be honest Origami KIng looks TEDIOUS AS AL HELL!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That was not at all what I was expecting, but it does fit what they said. I vaguely recall the series.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Bakugan? I'm not sure why they wanted this to be paid attention to, but I guess Warner Bros. Interactive was responsible for this. No wonder why this suddenly showed up on Summer Game Fest.

As far as first full-3D games go, they could have done better, but I understand that WF has to do gruntwork to set bread on the table and stay aloft.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well i was not expecting this, remember Wayforward are well known and their specialty are making licensed games that are actually good. I mean remember Mummy demastered, batman brave and the bold, and Wendy witch on the GBC

This looks pretty decent.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The battles dont even seem fun.

Well, guess I got hype for nothing XD
Didnt expect much, but didnt think it'd be somethign like this :p

D

Deleted member

lol what? thats the game? why advertise wayforward then? plus i thought bakugon died. that was the not pokemon with the plastic toys right? this is confusing.
bakugan were these balls that turned into creatures when you threw them or placed them on a metal surface. it wasn't exactly pokemon though.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
My reaction when it was bakugan of all things

Absolute Horror.gif

Staarih

Smash Master
lol what? thats the game? why advertise wayforward then? plus i thought bakugon died. that was the not pokemon with the plastic toys right? this is confusing.
WayForward is the developer of the game.

A licensed game like this isn't new to WF so this shouldn't be surprising. I had no expectations going in, and I'm leaving with the same mood. Cool for Bakugan fans I guess, and if there's anything to take out of this, Nintendo thinks of WF as a key partner developer to them, and a good relationship is always a plus.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
WayForward is the developer of the game.

A licensed game like this isn't new to WF so this shouldn't be surprising. I had no expectations going in, and I'm leaving with the same mood. Cool for Bakugan fans I guess, and if there's anything to take out of this, Nintendo thinks of WF as a key partner developer to them, and a good relationship is always a plus.
Yeah, but I get the feeling that WB Interactive obviously had more push than WayForward did in this case. Would have been all the more to admire if I didn't see their logo.

I just wish it was a licensed game I could care about, but good for the little lads, I guess.

Last edited:

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
This announcement was probably originally supposed to take place in the post Nintendo Direct E3 Treehouse fluff,

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, let's consider that occasionally there are a few WF-made games that could have been better, like their Silent Hill entry, so I suspect that this is made by their B-team.

This announcement was probably originally supposed to take place in the post Nintendo Direct E3 Treehouse fluff,
Speaking of which, if the insider leak is correct, we should be seeing the originally-planned Direct in 10 days.

Top Bottom