• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
The Daisy dress thing does seem like just a coincidence I wouldn't pay much mind to.
And yeah, we're probably not gonna hear about Fighter 7 till late August or September.

Since he got mentioned earlier, I would love for Squid Baron to get some extra love if Shantae got included. It'd be hilarious if they somehow found a way to include him on her hypothetical stage as a Stage Boss similar to Yellow Devil.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The Daisy dress thing does seem like just a coincidence I wouldn't pay much mind to.
And yeah, we're probably not gonna hear about Fighter 7 till late August or September.

Since he got mentioned earlier, I would love for Squid Baron to get some extra love if Shantae got included. It'd be hilarious if they somehow found a way to include him on her hypothetical stage as a Stage Boss similar to Yellow Devil.
I could honestly see a Squid Baron Mii Hat happening, at least.

zferolie

Smash Hero

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1279970277305331712?s=19

This person correctly predicted the dates we got the Paper Mario announcement and the date for the Min Min presentation. Something is supposed to come out today, but they're saying they don't know when.
>a gal that regularly practices the oldest profession manages to be more on the ball with sources than the rest of the insider scene
Well, this is the pits.

At any rate, she did say something *could* happen tomorrow if her sources don't get screwed-over by constantly-shifting plans.

011.jpg

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We just got Min Min 3 weeks ago, so I bet that the next Smash Newcomer won't appear until August or September.View attachment 277431
The next wave of Amiibos releases sometime in September so I expect that's the week the next character will be release. We'll probably get the announcement this month or August, but the release will probably be in September to go alongside the Amiibo wave.

MattX20

Smash Hero
What makes you think so ? Has it been a pattern or something ?
The fact there's been a lot of rumblings of some major Nintendo related news this month from sources that PushDustin were willing to say were legit is at least worth looking into

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The fact there's been a lot of rumblings of some major Nintendo related news this month from sources that PushDustin were willing to say were legit is at least worth looking into
Meanwhile, we got two Pokémon presentations in a row this time, and just one usually leads to big Nintendo news the week afterwards (which, sure enough, did happen in regards to the ARMS reveal). Granted, I don't seriously think something could happen tomorrow (since a week got skipped), but it's worth thinking about too.

Mind linking the post when Push did his statement?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
>a gal that regularly practices the oldest profession manages to be more on the ball with sources than the rest of the insider scene
Well, this is the pits.

At any rate, she did say something *could* happen tomorrow if her sources don't get screwed-over by constantly-shifting plans.

We live on the weirdest timeline where you get vidya news from *a-hem* a "seamstress" and political commentary from a wizard/occultist.

Also "Well, this is the pits"? I've heard this before... What's an equivalent phrase? English is my third language.

Bonus art:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also "Well, this is the pits"? I've heard this before... What's an equivalent phrase? English is my third language.
It means something is bad or unpleasant - it's like saying "this stinks" or "this is a low point." Idioms/figures of speech can be tough in a second/third language.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That would make sense. These days they don't want anything to overshadow a game of theirs that's about to be released (especially considering how Paper Mario JUST CAME BACK and that would hurt it even more than not being considered as fun as earlier PMs), and wait until after said game is out before having news.

Yes, it's a bit of a wait, but that's business as usual. Still beats expecting the end of Summer to be when anything happens.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
That would make sense. These days they don't want anything to overshadow a game of theirs that's about to be released (especially considering how Paper Mario JUST CAME BACK and that would hurt it even more than not being considered as fun as earlier PMs), and wait until after said game is out before having news.

Yes, it's a bit of a wait, but that's business as usual. Still beats expecting the end of Summer to be when anything happens.
And this direct will have everything first party they planned for E3 before plans had to change most likely. I hope to see BOTW2 since the rumors are moving towards a Q1 2021 release for it. Other things that would make me happy are a Splatoon spin off, a new Mario Kart, and of course Shantae in Smash :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And this direct will have everything first party they planned for E3 before plans had to change most likely. I hope to see BOTW2 since the rumors are moving towards a Q1 2021 release for it. Other things that would make me happy are a Splatoon spin off, a new Mario Kart, and of course Shantae in Smash :)
I'm reasonably hoping for those rumored Mario remasters (and especially 3D World) to finally be unveiled. It'd be really odd to go by the whole anniversary year with little for him.

Meanwhile, YCG are seemingly going to actively reach their 3D game goals sooner than WF: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ng_a_gameplay_programmer_for_a_new_3d_project

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I'm reasonably hoping for those rumored Mario remasters (and especially 3D World) to finally be unveiled. It'd be really odd to go by the whole anniversary year with little for him.

Meanwhile, YCG are seemingly going to actively reach their 3D game goals sooner than WF: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ng_a_gameplay_programmer_for_a_new_3d_project
Eh, I think a major part of it was seeing Shovel Knight translated into 3D in many places (especially the likes of Yooka-Laylee), while WayForward, to the best of my memories, mainly had fan-made stuffs. That and Shovel Knight can translate better into the 3D Platformer/Collectathon genre while I'd see Shantae being more akin to the Final Fantasy-esque RPGs if they were to go 3D. Maybe chip off from Metroid Prime's shoulders, though that'd require additional training to know game design in regards to 3D space.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1280776188395286528?s=19
Seems like we have an Octopath Traveler spirit event! I love this game so I wish it came with music, but it's a long overdue event nonetheless. Lots of Square spirit events so far. Maybe we'll get another Square character in this fighter pass.
Maybe so! Every barrier seems to be getting taken down, with the only major one left being Tomb Raider.

Also, note how Primrose barely was touched so far.

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
It's time guys!

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
It's time guys!
Im gonna triple dip on this

Get LR cart, the Switch physical, and try to get the original one day

all this Shantae stuff happening, please let it mean Shantae's in Smash!

exclusive to switch too all these games

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Risky's revenge and Mummy demastered too.

Even this:

They also stated more stuff is coming for River City Girls... Wonder what that's about.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's time guys!
Finally! The only Shantae game I haven't played yet. I'll definitely try to get it.

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Finally! The only Shantae game I haven't played yet. I'll definitely try to get it.
Hey, same here! Never managed to get my hands on the original Shantae and I can't wait to play it. I really hope I can get both the GBC cart and Switch physical for this one. Having the whole series on Switch would be super sweet!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey, same here! Never managed to get my hands on the original Shantae and I can't wait to play it. I really hope I can get both the GBC cart and Switch physical for this one. Having the whole series on Switch would be super sweet!
Now we just need WayForward to physically release Risky's Revenge on the Switch on Limited Run and than we can have Switch physical copies of all the Shantae games. :)

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Wow, awesome news for Shantae fans, all things physical will be ideal for collectors! Will have to see if I’ll dip in as well.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Comic Book Guy: Soon I'll have the Ultimate Shantae collection in my possession. I'll be able to very soon play all of Shantae's games on the go anywhere that I please.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Holy...!!!! Not only we finally get Risky's Revenge, but also the original GBC Shantae on Switch!? WayForward just dropped a big bomb!!!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Scalpers have lost this one. You bet your money makers that I'm pre-ordering that Shantae cart! Mummy Demastered and Risky's Revenge on physical is really great, too.

Now all that's missing are re-releases for Sigma Star Saga and the other Mighty games, a port for Spidersaurs, then we're golden.

Risky's revenge and Mummy demastered too.

Even this:

They also stated more stuff is coming for River City Girls... Wonder what that's about.
Although it kinda makes me wish I didn't order and own Xtreme Sports already.

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
2020 is at least the year of Shantae, and we're only halfgenieway there !
Let's hope the year will end with a bang for her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom