• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The smash team would have to make the ARMS final smash different(?) since Spring Man in AT uses the Rush Attack before leaving

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Out of all the ARMS characters, Min Min is the most likely. I see a lot of people hoping for Twintelle, but keep in mind Min Min won the Party Crash Online tournament to choose who fans think is the best character. If it's not Min Min I will be shocked.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
If they go with an ARMs character not shown in Smash yet, I hope it's Dr. Coyle. Mechanica wouldn't be bad either.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Yeah I hope it is either Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle or Ninjara so that finally that fan rule gets utterly destroyed.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Yeah I hope it is either Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle or Ninjara so that finally that fan rule gets utterly destroyed.
I too would like this "rule" to be destroyed but I'm keeping my expectations in check since it's possible that the new ARMS fighter is either a new character from a future sequel or an existing character who has no representation in Smash. Either one of these scenarios would keep the "rule" going so until we know who it is, all we can do is wait.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Out of all the ARMS characters, Min Min is the most likely. I see a lot of people hoping for Twintelle, but keep in mind Min Min won the Party Crash Online tournament to choose who fans think is the best character. If it's not Min Min I will be shocked.
I see Min Min being the popular pick for sure. I would like her or Twintelle or Dr. Coyle.

As for guys saying each fighter is different so they can't be alts, Remember only Ribbon Girl could double jump in ARMS but eveyrone will be able to here. Making a Hero/Bowser Jr style for ARMS is not unlikely at all. The 4 easy CHoices are Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Ninjara. harder to fight 4 others that share body and arm punching types(sadly that rules out Twintelle :( )

As for moves. Everyone double jumps so thats Ribbon Girls thing. I can See the B move being a Hold move to hold your 1 arm while stylle having some limited A Moves like Min Min, maybe your dash attack reflects some projectiles like Spring Man too.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I see Min Min being the popular pick for sure. I would like her or Twintelle or Dr. Coyle.

As for guys saying each fighter is different so they can't be alts, Remember only Ribbon Girl could double jump in ARMS but eveyrone will be able to here. Making a Hero/Bowser Jr style for ARMS is not unlikely at all. The 4 easy CHoices are Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Ninjara. harder to fight 4 others that share body and arm punching types(sadly that rules out Twintelle :( )

As for moves. Everyone double jumps so thats Ribbon Girls thing. I can See the B move being a Hold move to hold your 1 arm while stylle having some limited A Moves like Min Min, maybe your dash attack reflects some projectiles like Spring Man too.
Plus Nintendo is the one choosing characters this time around(as officially stated) so why wouldn't they choose the most popular ARMS character Min Min.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Not what I would call a positive opening for the fighter pass if it's a character nobody knows and just meant to advertise for a game sequel nobody played yet. No, it's gonna be someone we already know I'm pretty sure.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Not what I would call a positive opening for the fighter pass if it's a character nobody knows and just meant to advertise for a game sequel nobody played yet. No, it's gonna be someone we already know I'm pretty sure.
Min Min is the one with the highest chances(as she is the top popular character in ARMS). Twintelle and Ninjara is a close second and Ribbon Girl after.

Staarih

Smash Master
The whole ”no spirit or AT promotions” have a strong chance of getting destroyed as all the major ARMS candidates are spirits in Smash and I can’t see it being any other than one (or more if it’s a Hero-like thing) of them (so Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Ninjara or Twintelle). Unless they throw us a curveball, this would open up discussion for any other promotions as well (Shantae please).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Smash crowd: Ret-2-go Shantae let's go! Ret-2-go Shantae let's go! Ret-2-go Shantae let's go!

I swear that better be her crowd cheer if she get's in the game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Fan rules potentially being broken is about to reach its final conclusion (hopefully)
Screenshot_20200325-001310_YouTube.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Too long, it'd be either be SHAN-TAE! or "Shantae, Ret-2-Go!"

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Secondary? you mean like a non echo second rep for a third party series

Shantae could provide that...

Risky Boots 5.jpg

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
If they plan on releasing every 3 months like with the first fighter pass they're on track to do so until December 2021... I'm wondering how the schedule is affected with the whole Corona business. Wasn't there an article that said it was?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If they plan on releasing every 3 months like with the first fighter pass they're on track to do so until December 2021... I'm wondering how the schedule is affected with the whole Corona business. Wasn't there an article that said it was?
I'm sure Ms. Corona is going to delay Pass 2 by a year or a year and half.

Last edited:

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Nothing on Seven Sirens in either the Indie Showcase or the Mini Direct? What's going on? Is WayForward gonna shadow release it or something?

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Wait, ARMS? I did not expect that...
Well here's hoping that Shantae and also Rex and Pyra/Mythra get in.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
You know what if Springman or Ribbon Girl get in, it absolutely would heighten Shantae's chances since she was revealed in the same direct in November.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
You know what if Springman or Ribbon Girl get in, it absolutely would heighten Shantae's chances since she was revealed in the same direct in November.
The following characters would heighten Shantae's chances: Springman, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, Min Min or Ninjara.

So long as ONE of these characters becomes the DLC then Shantae not only is more likely but I will ask WayForward themselves upfront on that day this: "Now that Spirits being deconfirmed rule is destroyed you have now the opportunity to calm the hype of Shantae for Smash DLC. If you do not reply to this message saying otherwise then we can take it as confirmation that Shantae is in this fighters pass."

They literally have no choice at this point. If they do not say anything it is the same as a confirmation but if Shantae isn't in the pass and they didn't say so then it would affect our trust in the company.

I will post the question when one of the 5 ARMS fighters is confirmed DLC this June(or whenever they announce the actual character).

zferolie

Smash Hero
The following characters would heighten Shantae's chances: Springman, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, Min Min or Ninjara.

So long as ONE of these characters becomes the DLC then Shantae not only is more likely but I will ask WayForward themselves upfront on that day this: "Now that Spirits being deconfirmed rule is destroyed you have now the opportunity to calm the hype of Shantae for Smash DLC. If you do not reply to this message saying otherwise then we can take it as confirmation that Shantae is in this fighters pass."

They literally have no choice at this point. If they do not say anything it is the same as a confirmation but if Shantae isn't in the pass and they didn't say so then it would affect our trust in the company.

I will post the question when one of the 5 ARMS fighters is confirmed DLC this June(or whenever they announce the actual character).
due to an NDA they could just say no and she is still in. it would be nice if they can just say without anyone asking that shes not in.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

I know how you feel, but thatd be rude. It'd be asking someone who's upheld their honor as a secretkeeper to let loose a secret they'e promised to keep. Just....let go of our desires and be patient.

zferolie

Smash Hero
New trailer for Shantae posted!

RELEASE DATE MAY 28TH ON PC AND CONSOLE!!!!!!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh man, that trailer was super cute!
I can't wait, it's looking so good!
The wink from Not Rotty but totally Rotty was cute.

I guess technically the game is out for Apple users but who here actually has that lol

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, May 28 is the now the date we been waiting for.

Also, its almost as close to the ARMS reveal coming in June. Not to STRETCH it out for a theory, but some food to think about
Screenshot_20200327-094312_YouTube.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I cant help but think t hey waited for the Nintendo direct, given its a multiplat maybe they couldnt have it be revealed in a Nintendo only event?

Also, time to plan for that super quick limited run online pre order for the collector's editon of the physical game when they announce it.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Do you think this Shantae reveal was meant to be in the Nintendo Direct but it was cut into a Mini due to COVID and it and other stuff had to be cut?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I just realized that since the game is out on Apple Arcade, this means that spoilers are coming
Screenshot_20200312-121728_YouTube.jpg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nothing on Seven Sirens in either the Indie Showcase or the Mini Direct? What's going on? Is WayForward gonna shadow release it or something?
Corona virus probably delaying the development of the game.

Do you think this Shantae reveal was meant to be in the Nintendo Direct but it was cut into a Mini due to COVID and it and other stuff had to be cut?
No. A Arms rep was intended to be Pass 2's first fighter. I expect Shantae to be one of the planned E3 reveals if she's in. Though we might have to wait longer than June because of you know what.

New trailer for Shantae posted!

RELEASE DATE MAY 28TH ON PC AND CONSOLE!!!!!!
About freaking time. Yep, a E3 Shantae Smash reveal could happen.

Last edited:

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Also, its almost as close to the ARMS reveal coming in June. Not to STRETCH it out for a theory, but some food to think about
It might be a stretch, but that ARMS announcement, if that date is still kept, would be around when E3 would be, and we DID get 2 fighters revealed at lasts years...

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Corona virus probably delaying the development of the game.

No. A Arms rep was intended to be Pass 2's first fighter. I expect Shantae to be one of the planned E3 reveals if she's in. Though we might have to wait longer than June because of you know what.

About freaking time. Yep, a E3 Shantae Smash reveal could happen.
No you fool I meant a reveal for the Shantae game was meant to be shown in this likely was originally a full Direct.

zferolie

Smash Hero
honestly I think its a garuntee what we get FIghter 7 trailer shown at the end of the June direct, no question. it may just be a joke level trailer with no gameplay, but we will be shown something. Whether thats Shantae or no is anyones guess

Top Bottom