• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That is an industry practice. Cristina did some female custom character voices for SOULCALIBUR VI, but she didn't know about it until the game came out.
makes sense. But would she know its for shantae but not for what shantae project?

Umm...hi, kids. I am a shy senior-citizen woman that desires to support Shantae no matter her chances. Pauline is my other most-wanted, by the way. Sa, if it is cool with y'all, may I show y'all something lovely? He made it in anticipation for the announcement tomorrow.

Well, then...I hope y'all enjoyed.

Sayonara:kirby:
glad to have ya here, and thats a very cute comic

zferolie

Smash Hero
it is but i don't really think RichaadEB is doing a smash brothers ad type thing

edit: Prototwi's post confirms what i thought so shantae's chances just went back to 0%
not sure how a music video means her chances in smash are back to 0%. she still could have been recording for smash then. we don't know.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
not sure how a music video means her chances in smash are back to 0%. she still could have been recording for smash then. we don't know.
It doesn't, because I suspected it was more for Seven Sirens than any chance it was for Smash. I had hope, but at the very least we now know what the music video is being held up for.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It doesn't, because I suspected it was more for Seven Sirens than any chance it was for Smash. I had hope, but at the very least we now know what the music video is being held up for.
Gotcha. I know I may be wrong, but I am going with my gut in what to see tommorow. Shantae with Geno. If its not well whatever, but if it is i'll be super hype

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Gotcha. I know I may be wrong, but I am going with my gut in what to see tommorow. Shantae with Geno. If its not well whatever, but if it is i'll be super hype
Don't forget, Zippo's words fit Shantae like a glove. They also fit Geno, but he's not FP5 according to Sabi.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I Hate the people who honestly think it's our fault for making random guesses and looking into any little detail for who the next dlc character could be

am i crazy for thinking this is all sakurai and crew's fault for just making the dlc such a cryptic convoluted mess that every dlc character is treated like some over the top mystery we're all expected to solve?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Don't forget, Zippo's words fit Shantae like a glove. They also fit Geno, but he's not FP5 according to Sabi.
Oh I know, and thats why I am so set on Shantae. And TECHNICALLY, if Geno is a bonus, he's not the 5th DLC, and sabi is TECHNICALLY right :p

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Oh I know, and thats why I am so set on Shantae. And TECHNICALLY, if Geno is a bonus, he's not the 5th DLC, and sabi is TECHNICALLY right :p
So stop me if Im just gonna be cynical to this as I've been out of the loop for a bit. Who is this "Zippo" and in the event hes just a text "leaker" why would anything he states hold any water?

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
So stop me if Im just gonna be cynical to this as I've been out of the loop for a bit. Who is this "Zippo" and in the event hes just a text "leaker" why would anything he states hold any water?
IIRC, he predicted Cloud for Smash 4 well in advance

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I've tried to raise concerns with regards to James M. of WayForward over the Shantae Purge on dA. A source told me about and showed me what was removed by them, as well as an asinine letter from them regarding them continuously viewing her as a minor.
Yeah this debate always makes fetish artwork of her or risky boots on Deviantart very awkward.....

zferolie

Smash Hero
so people have been saying Dante has a good chance as the DMC twitter said to expect news on the 16th. Well I think we got that news, it was for the switch version of DMC3 and it will have real time style switching

https://www.siliconera.com/devil-ma...-style-switching-to-royalguard-and-trickster/

so I think we can safely assume its not dante.

irregardless of past predictions, What did he say? specifically for smash Ult. was it vague enough to be a handful of characters?
Zippo basically said the character could be considered close to or has history with nintendo, but isn't nessicarily exclusive to nintendo anymore. Add that its been seemingly like its a western, or western popular character, and who the 2 leakers have deconfirmed leaves shantae and not many others.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know people your age played Smash, good to see your support, old lady.
Welp, I hope that didn't hurt any feelings.
Thanan.jpeg

so people have been saying Dante has a good chance as the DMC twitter said to expect news on the 16th. Well I think we got that news, it was for the switch version of DMC3 and it will have real time style switching

https://www.siliconera.com/devil-ma...-style-switching-to-royalguard-and-trickster/

so I think we can safely assume its not dante.

Zippo basically said the character could be considered close to or has history with nintendo, but isn't nessicarily exclusive to nintendo anymore. Add that its been seemingly like its a western, or western popular character, and who the 2 leakers have deconfirmed leaves shantae and not many others.
I'm tired of all this smoke-and-mirrors nonsense. These "leakers" are being as vague as vague can be, and keep taking the middle-ground.
(Gets proven wrong):
"I never specifically confirmed it."
(Got some things correct):
"I shall rule ze vorld vis an iyun fist!"

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
whatever happens i just gotta say I'm just so tired of the whole dlc process being turned into some outlandish mystery everyone's been trying to solve

it went from some cool little speculation to people losing their minds and acting like some insane cultist who must appease their dark-lord so that they may get their favorite character in as DLC

can i ask what caused the Smash Ultimate DLC discussion to turn into one of madness and anger?

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
can i ask what caused the Smash Ultimate DLC discussion to turn into one of madness and anger?
Because x character getting in would harm x character's chance, and supporting a character who I don't like/is a threat to my character will not be tolerated. If I hate hard enough, it'll somehow reduce your character's chance to 0% while my character is guaranteed a spot.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
whatever happens i just gotta say I'm just so tired of the whole dlc process being turned into some outlandish mystery everyone's been trying to solve

it went from some cool little speculation to people losing their minds and acting like some insane cultist who must appease their dark-lord so that they may get their favorite character in as DLC

The Video Game Awards and Leakers deconfirming almost everything in existence

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Because x character getting in would harm x character's chance, and supporting a character who I don't like/is a threat to my character will not be tolerated. If I hate hard enough, it'll somehow reduce your character's chance to 0% while my character is guaranteed a spot.
honestly i keep feeling like if Smash DLC wasn't handled in such a mysterious and cryptic way DLC Discussion wouldn't be as much of a mad-max fight to the death

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I've tried to raise concerns with regards to James M. of WayForward over the Shantae Purge on dA. A source told me about and showed me what was removed by them, as well as an asinine letter from them regarding them continuously viewing her as a minor.
She is a minor.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
She is a minor.
Ok I usually refrain from jumping in on this DA-Shantae debacle, but I will if it's being defended.
There are plenty of "minors" drawn on there in lewd forms. I just now searched "Warioware Ashley" on there, for instance, and found obese/R34 art of her within the first 15~20 Deviations. Isn't she 15?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Dunno about Ashley, but I'm gonna make a blanket statement that drawing smut of underage characters is Bad, Actually, and dA is right to get rid of that crap.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Dunno about Ashley, but I'm gonna make a blanket statement that drawing smut of underage characters is Bad, Actually, and dA is right to get rid of that crap.
Yet even clean art of Shantae gets destroyed there. They stake her out for whatever discreet reasons, and there's no denying it when other fictional females whom are canonically younger get off Scot-free.

Welp. I've gave my stance. Back to lurking.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I Hope FP5 is shantae Just So The Stupid "She's A Spirit So She's Deconfirmed" crap can be put to rest

Post Launch Spirits Deconfirm(like with the resident evil and astral chain events)no doubt but base game spirits? that's less certain and if that was the case then why does Shantae's series only have her and risky boots as spirits

nobody else...seems odd to leave out her friends bolo sky and rotty tops

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hi there ! How do we stand on leakers such as Vergeben, Sabi and Zippo over here ? I'm curious because they just broke my hopes for Kos-Mos but have kept Shantae in the running....

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Hi there ! How do we stand on leakers such as Vergeben, Sabi and Zippo over here ? I'm curious because they just broke my hopes for Kos-Mos but have kept Shantae in the running....
I don't know. I feel like Shantae was "left alive" by them was because they don't even consider her a contender.

It'd be AMAZING if she was revealed, but I've slowly accepted a Mii Costume fate at this point.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Less then 2 hours remain. Our girl Shantae is still going super strong right now, if all these leakers speculations and words can be trusted, plus Diasy and color theory holds up as well.

ChadTR

Smash Apprentice
Still no definitive name from the big leakers, still no Nintendo goof whatsoever, we're going in (almost) completely blind. I'm so restless right now :crazy: Gotta take a deep breath.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Less then 2 hours remain. Our girl Shantae is still going super strong right now, if all these leakers speculations and words can be trusted, plus Diasy and color theory holds up as well.
I'm with ya zferolie! There hasn't really been any strong arguments against Shantae this entire time.
I'll be putting my bets on her. Not based on any facts what-so-ever, other than me not really caring if I end up being wrong. :p

I'm sure whoever it is, whether I like them or not, they'll have put so much love and attention into it that I can't help but appreciate it and admire their hard work.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm with ya zferolie! There hasn't really been any strong arguments against Shantae this entire time.
I'll be putting my bets on her. Not based on any facts what-so-ever, other than me not really caring if I end up being wrong. :p

I'm sure whoever it is, whether I like them or not, they'll have put so much love and attention into it that I can't help but appreciate it and admire their hard work.
I just put basically all my reasons why I think its her in the licestream prediction sticky thread, if anyone wants to look. But yeah, whoever it is I'll be hyped and happy.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
No, it's just Internet. Maybe it started with Brawl as that was the first game to have cuts, but them main thing is that the Internet just wasn't as good back then. During the Brawl days we only really had web pages to hype the game instead of videos, and there was a good chance many people just didn't bother going to places where they could see others freaking out over character choices.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
many have clearly written off shantae I've noticed and don't really believe she stands a chance because she already has a spirit in the game and so far no character that's had a spirit in the base game has been dlc

that could change but how likely that is...who can say

Top Bottom