• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Speaking of Assist Trophies, which one would you want promoted the most? I want Krystal.
My top 3 i want are Krystal(a fully unique star fox rep who would be a fun playstyle with her staff), Ashley(a pure witch character, and her song is so great), and issac(poor gold sun needs more love)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My top 3 i want are Krystal(a fully unique star fox rep who would be a fun playstyle with her staff), Ashley(a pure witch character, and her song is so great), and issac(poor gold sun needs more love)
Nice, very nice.

My top 3 Assist promotions would be:

1. Krystal
2. Zero
3. Skull Kid

ChadTR

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Assist Trophies, which one would you want promoted the most? I want Krystal.
Personally the ones I'd want/be fine with promoted are (in alphabetical order): Akira Yuki, Alucard, Ashley, Bomberman (maybe number one because nostalgia), Guile, Isaac (maybe number one because he's my number two after Shantae), Knuckles (maybe num... no I got to stop), Krystal, Sablé Prince, Samurai Goroh (m... no, rather, I think he's the most likely second playable F-Zero character if there's ever one), Shadow (not ever the biggest fan of Sonic clone rivals, but I admit he deserves, though not before Knuckles), Shovel Knight (NOT BEFORE SHANTAE XP ), Skull Kid and Zero. That makes fourteen. Sorry for that XD Let's say a top three would feature Isaac, Bomberman and Zero.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Ooh, that is a tough one, so many of the Assist trophies have so much potential... I would be happy with Midna, Skull Kid, Ashley, Krystal or Meowth (I'm counting pokeballs as assist trophies since that's basically what they are)

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I'd love to play as Rathalos. I'm a big Monster Hunter fan. But I can't really imagine how they'd make that work. I'd really love it though.
(And he's not too big for Smash!)

So a more serious list:
- Skull kid. Especially if they can really sell the eerie vibe he has. I'd manly love him for the animations honestly.
- Midna. Mostly for the same reasons as Skull Kid. She also brings that whole Twilight aspect that's a pretty cool effect in my opinion.
- Isaac. I never played one of his games, but he has lots of fans. And I just want to see as many people happy as possible.
- Bomberman. For my own personal nostalgia. And Smash could use some more explosions.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Krystal most of all

I mean, I was happy to see her make it as an Assist Trophy when Nintendo is in full "64 was the only Star Fox game! The 00's are a lie!" mode but it's bittersweet.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
If I had to pick 3 ATs to promote, they'd be the following:

(1) Shovel Knight:
If Shantae gets in (as a Fighter, not a Mii Costume), I want him in as well for the sake of their rivalry.

(2) Isaac:
Fans have been begging for him for years, so it's time for him to shine.

(3) Bomberman:
To further honor his late creator's legacy.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So uhh Sakurai also tweeted this recent reveal in ENGLISH? Last time he did that was Banjo, a very much western rep and western supported character.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
So uhh Sakurai also tweeted this recent reveal in ENGLISH? Last time he did that was Banjo, a very much western rep and western supported character.
I actually raised this point over in the Geno Thread, people are going all sorts of crazy over there :p
But in all seriousness, this might be something good. Or it could be Crash Bandicoot. Either one works well, truth be told.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
So it could be:
-Shantae
-Crash Bandicoot
-Geno
-Steve (please no)
-Master Chief
-Doom Slayer
-Some random character that's not heavily speculated

Dukefire

Smash Master
For now, the hot topics for the presentation tomorrow are:
-Dante
-Travis Touchdown
-Doom Slayer
-Geno
-Sora
-Arle
-Master Chief

Idk if that's true, but I will expect salt from some on the initial reveal tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
For now, the hot topics for the presentation tomorrow are:
-Dante
-Travis Touchdown
-Doom Slayer
-Geno
-Sora
-Arle
-Master Chief

Idk if that's true, but I will expect salt from some on the initial reveal tomorrow morning.
Geno and Sora are the only ones on this list I care about

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
So it could be:
-Shantae
-Crash Bandicoot
-Geno
-Steve (please no)
-Master Chief
-Doom Slayer
This is a full list of disconfirmed characters and companies for FP5 according to Smashwiki:

• Ryu Hayabusa from the Ninja Gaiden series
  • Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat series
  • Geno from Super Mario RPG
  • Doomguy from the Doom series
  • Gordon Freeman from the Half-Life series
  • Arle Nadja from the Puyo Puyo series
  • Sakura Shinguji from the Sakura Wars series
  • Crash Bandicoot from the Crash Bandicoot series
  • Tracer from the Overwatch series
  • Reimu Hakurei from the Touhou Project series
  • Kat from the Gravity Rush series
  • Sora from the Kingdom Hearts series
  • Sol Badguy from the Guilty Gear series
  • Ragna the Bloodedge from the BlazBlue series
  • Jimmy or Billy from the Double Dragon series
  • Dante from the Devil May Cry series
  • Phoenix Wright from the Ace Attorney series
  • Amaterasu from Okami
  • Hunter from the Monster Hunter series
  • Sam Porter Bridges from Death Stranding
  • Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher
  • Monokuma from Danganronpa
  • Kratos from the God of War series
  • Reiji Arisu or Xiaomu from the Project X Zone series
  • Morrigan Aensland from the Darkstalkers series
  • Any character from Ubisoft, Bandai Namco, Level-5, Nippon Ichi Software, or Nihon Falcom.
Along with Suda41 disconfirming Travis Touchdown twice, that realistically leaves just 3 choices for FP5 IMO: Steve (highly unlikely given Microsoft already have a Fighters Pass character), Dovahkiin (a possibility but doesn't meet Zippo's criteria AFAIK) and Shantae (no explanation needed).

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
This is a full list of disconfirmed characters and companies for FP5 according to Smashwiki:

• Ryu Hayabusa from the Ninja Gaiden series
  • Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat series
  • Geno from Super Mario RPG
  • Doomguy from the Doom series
  • Gordon Freeman from the Half-Life series
  • Arle Nadja from the Puyo Puyo series
  • Sakura Shinguji from the Sakura Wars series
  • Crash Bandicoot from the Crash Bandicoot series
  • Tracer from the Overwatch series
  • Reimu Hakurei from the Touhou Project series
  • Kat from the Gravity Rush series
  • Sora from the Kingdom Hearts series
  • Sol Badguy from the Guilty Gear series
  • Ragna the Bloodedge from the BlazBlue series
  • Jimmy or Billy from the Double Dragon series
  • Dante from the Devil May Cry series
  • Phoenix Wright from the Ace Attorney series
  • Amaterasu from Okami
  • Hunter from the Monster Hunter series
  • Sam Porter Bridges from Death Stranding
  • Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher
  • Monokuma from Danganronpa
  • Kratos from the God of War series
  • Reiji Arisu or Xiaomu from the Project X Zone series
  • Morrigan Aensland from the Darkstalkers series
  • Any character from Ubisoft, Bandai Namco, Level-5, Nippon Ichi Software, or Nihon Falcom.
Along with Suda41 disconfirming Travis Touchdown twice, that realistically leaves just 3 choices for FP5 IMO: Steve (highly unlikely given Microsoft already have a Fighters Pass character), Dovahkiin (a possibility but doesn't meet Zippo's criteria AFAIK) and Shantae (no explanation needed).
What if it wound up being KOS-MOS? She fits Zippo's criteria iirc.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Isaac. Not be confused with Issac. Issac is the vile doppelganger of Isaac whom notoriously taints Isaac's name. This is continually causing Isaac to get the merciless AT treatment as Sakurai keeps getting requests for this dreadful "Issac".

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Sabi doesn't know what her situation is, so she might belong more to Monolith Soft than Bandai Namco.
Maybe, but like Shinuto said, Sakurai has tweeted about the presentation in English. The fact that the last time he did this was back at E3 when Banjo & Kazooie were revealed could suggest that FP5 is also a Western character which KOS-MOS ain't.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well whatever happens, we will be excited and happy who we get. And Ill be happy that my crazy Shantae and Geno double reveal comes true and I'm proven right! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Well whatever happens, we will be excited and happy who we get. And Ill be happy that my crazy Shantae and Geno double reveal comes true and I'm proven right! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
Yup, because it's one more character and a whole bunch of goodies that weren't there before.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So it could be:
-Shantae
-Crash Bandicoot
-Geno
-Steve (please no)
-Master Chief
-Doom Slayer
Add to that list
-Hollow Knight
-Spyro the Dragon
-Dragonborn
- Shooter Guy

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
The fact that Cristina Vee and RichardEB's cover of "Dance Through the Danger" hasn't gotten it's live action video yet is slighty suspicious. There was no trailer for Seven Sirens dropped, and this mysterious Direct is less than 12 hours away (according to YouTube)...

They stated the live action video wasn't coming until a later date for "reasons", and Cristina also mentioned she was recording for Shantae. I doubt that was for Seven Sirens or Shantae's cameo in Indivisible as those lines would've all been recorded a while ago. So...

What if?

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
The fact that Cristina Vee and RichardEB's cover of "Dance Through the Danger" hasn't gotten it's live action video yet is slighty suspicious. There was no trailer for Seven Sirens dropped, and this mysterious Direct is less than 12 hours away (according to YouTube)...

They stated the live action video wasn't coming until a later date for "reasons", and Cristina also mentioned she was recording for Shantae. I doubt that was for Seven Sirens or Shantae's cameo in Indivisible as those lines would've all been recorded a while ago. So...

What if?
it would be cool if shantae was FP5 but this also feels like it could just be a coincidence and nothing related to smash brothers at all

zferolie

Smash Hero

What if?
Didn't Christina say she was recording some shantae stuff a few months ago? perhaps for her trailer?

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I don't think this has ever happened with any of Rich's videos before.
just saying there's probably been cases before where someone probably saw some things to them that probably pointed to a certain character showing up in smash as a playable character only for that to not be the case at all

it's way too easy for anyone to just start up some false-hope hype machine based off iffy evidence

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah, WELL over a month ago.
I assume the VA's are not always told what they are recording for. I mean, Kirby's VA wasn't told she was voicing a line for Terry, but guessed with with the line POWAH WAVE.

So maybe CHristina was told she was voicing lines for the shantae game. Or she knew she was voicing for smash but just acted like it was shantae lines for the game.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I assume the VA's are not always told what they are recording for. I mean, Kirby's VA wasn't told she was voicing a line for Terry, but guessed with with the line POWAH WAVE.

So maybe CHristina was told she was voicing lines for the shantae game. Or she knew she was voicing for smash but just acted like it was shantae lines for the game.
That is an industry practice. Cristina did some female custom character voices for SOULCALIBUR VI, but she didn't know about it until the game came out.

D

Deleted member

Umm...hi, kids. I am a shy senior-citizen woman that desires to support Shantae no matter her chances. Pauline is my other most-wanted, by the way. Sa, if it is cool with y'all, may I show y'all something lovely? He made it in anticipation for the announcement tomorrow.

Well, then...I hope y'all enjoyed.

Sayonara:kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I Also feel like stating the RichaadEB Shantae video has a picture of Shantae with her hair forming The Number "5" which has led some to believe that means the live action video will be released alongside a proper Shantae Seven Sirens trailer

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I didn't knk
Umm...hi, kids. I am a shy senior-citizen woman that desires to support Shantae no matter her chances. Pauline is my other most-wanted, by the way. Sa, if it is cool with y'all, may I show y'all something lovely? He made it in anticipation for the announcement tomorrow.

I didn't know people your age played Smash, good to see your support, old lady.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I Also feel like stating the RichaadEB Shantae video has a picture of Shantae with her hair forming The Number "5" which has led some to believe that means the live action video will be released alongside a proper Shantae Seven Sirens trailer
That's the most likely scenario, but the timing is definitely interesting.

etnoika

Smash Cadet

It's always nice to find another artist who draws Shantae. Thank you for the lovely cartoon ma'am.

Top Bottom