• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Oh damn....no Smasjh reveal...the salt across the internet WILL BE IMMENSE!

lol I called it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, I guess revealing another character at VGA was just too PREDICTABO to happen.

Don't go into any general forums for about a week, not that I had any interest in being there to begin with.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Guess next year will be the time for a reveal. Until then, happy early Merry Christmas and New Year

Dukefire

Smash Master
Glad I was prepared for that after hearing word about it.
Though, I do feel bad for those that was expecting a reveal.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
The general mood for Newcomer Speculation after TGA 2019 can be summarized in one succinct word: disappointment.
WELP, I’m gonna take some comfort in Ultimate being named “Best Fighting Game”, but for the speculators and would be “leakers”...

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So uhh...back to not knowing who the **** the next fighter will be huh guys, since literally every source seemed to coverge on "KOS-MOS at Game Awards Smash Ultimate" soo....neat. Im kinda actually exicted to be in complete darkness again!

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Hey, been a while you guys. Went into the Game Awards expecting nothing and yeah. Was pretty bad for Nintendo.
Bravely Default 2 was a nice surprise that I wanted at E3, but other than that pretty bare.
Shantae getting delayed was something I was guessing at anyways so I'm not too shocked.
Seems like we gotta wait til next year for a Nintendo Direct, or get lucky and get one December but doubting that too.

Anyways, been pretty busy and frustrated at work so I haven't been posting. Hope everyone's doing OK.

zferolie

Smash Hero
so we wait for a Late December to mid January Direct... this board and the smash speculation are just going to go absolutely insane

grizby2

Smash Lord
hmm no smash reveal...

maybe we'll get the reveal AND downloadability on the same day later this month XD. sakurai is gonna be the new santa claus ~

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, that invite is still flying around. I may talk more after my recharge. Too tired now.......
Screenshot_20191009-131723_Video Player.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The fact when Reggies just merely SAID the WORD "Forward" during his speech I reacted to it...makes me worry for my mental health lol

SHANTAE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Relax guys. I am just happy our thread didn't explode like the Geno one did. I mean what even happened to cause mods to come and close it and ban people?!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Relax guys. I am just happy our thread didn't explode like the Geno one did. I mean what even happened to cause mods to come and close it and ban people?!
Apparently enough to get that thread closed. What the hell happened???
Woah, woah, woah what? What the hell happened in the GENO thread?

Ahh this massively oversimplfying it, but it seems Geno thread had a huge problem from basically becoming a social thread INSTEAD of being about Geno.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Hmm so Im guessing most of the leaks we've had confirming and deconfirming characters are obliterated right?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Hmm so Im guessing most of the leaks we've had confirming and deconfirming characters are obliterated right?
Only the ones mention the Game Awards. I'm pretty sure Sabu and Verg had only talked about who #5 was and not when they would get revealed.

zferolie

Smash Hero
To help people get their minds off the game awards(if its bothering them), gonna post this before I sleep. I assume everyone here has the same answer for the first :p

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
And that is why we don't trust leakers with this kind of stuff <: It blows up in our faces faster than a nitroglycerin plant going up in flames over a lit cigarette.
To help people get their minds off the game awards(if its bothering them), gonna post this before I sleep. I assume everyone here has the same answer for the first :p

Mean, of course we do! (my choices are on the basis that the AT rule is simply a fanon rule that, given enough effort and research, can and will be broken by Sora Ltd. One that has been annoyingly persistent since the reasons usually are either "too late" or "too little moveset potential".)
1. The Legend, the Myth, the Queen of the Indies: Shantae!
2. There's a lot of people who can fit here. Though the biggest ones ATM would be Sora, Isaac, Geno, and others along those lines.
3. Honestly, give the Isaac fans their Isaac! They have been waiting for so long, that we're sort of like partners in crime!
4. That's hard to give a solid answer to, but honestly, Shadow or Knuckles for the Sonic franchise!
5. The Mercs of TF2. Or in a stupider form... SAXTON HAAAAAAAAAALE!

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm glad I didn't wake up to a nuclear meltdown (though I see other threads weren't as fortunate, sadly).
While I'm okay with there being no reveal at TGA, I'm still left kinda hungry for some new smash news...
I wonder when they plan on showing the next update. Would they stretch it out into January, or can we expect a Smash- or December-Direct this month?
More "let's wait and see" moments I'm afraid XD
Though I'm willing to bet they'll explain how post-pass is going to be handled if we get a Smash focussed direct.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace

1. Isaac
  2. Rythm Heaven rep
  3. I don't remember my friends ever mentionning a legit characters. Usually, it's mostly joking for Goku or stuff like that.
  4. Elma
  5. Tetromino. It's stupid but could actually work.
Yeah, there's no Shantae in my list, because she would only fit the first category and she's not the first in my list.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman

1. Shantae :p

2. Lara Croft

3. IRL: Master Chief

4. Ganon

Keyword "currently".

5. A deranged pyromaniac in a straight jacket complete with his old Lady and the Tramp stock laugh. Would be weird seeing him before the titular mascot.

ChadTR

Smash Apprentice
Wow, the Geno thread exploded while I was asleep. What happened?

Apparently, nothing on the VGA front. Would have been too easy right XD ? Santa Claus for Smash shadowdropped on the 25th. I call it. What? It's no more dumb than so many so-called leaks that are currently burning in fake leak hell right now.

Also, Shantae in Spring. It was predictable I guess, but I'm still really puzzled at WayForward's handling of their communication over it. So fishy.

As a final note, I'm apparently the only one on the Web right now to be sad that Ori and the Will of the Wisps is delayed X') Only by a month, but still

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice

1. Honestly, the more I think about it the more I want Blaster Master. I love my retro games and I love the idea of driving a tank-like vehicle around as a fighter. Having a mechanic of being able to jump in and out of Sophia would be really neat and I could see Sophia being roughly similar to ROB on a few aspects.
2. Isaac. I don't know much about the games, but I've seen a lot of demand for him. I'm sure it'll make a lot of people happy.
3. Geno. Again, I don't have much with the character myself, but I'd love to see this character grow into a sort of Smash 'exclusive' character much like Captain Falcon has. And Geno certainly has his fans too.
4. This is where I'd place Shantae. I feel like Shantae has been flying under the radar a bit for far too long and deserves the spotlight for a change. Even now with her involvement in Smash speculation and all that. I really feel Shantae has the potential to grow much bigger and all she needs is that little push.
Most companies would've given up where Shantae drew the short straw at the end of the GBC days. There's passion here, love. And it shows in their games. They did what they could with what little they had at the time, and I'm sure if you give them more, they'll do more, bigger and better.
5. A boy and his Blob. I might be biased to retro games here, but bring on the blob!

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Part of me entertains the idea that the last Fighter's Pass character hasn't been revealed yet, because they're not finished yet.
Maybe, because the last character requires more time and effort for their moveset, than the others.
...maybe because their moveset is bigger than all the others...? Who knows...? :p

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

1. Monster Hunter
2. A Bravely Default rep. That the series is still Nintendo exclusive is pretty surprising if you think about it.
3. Ajna. Well, there's at least one person I know besides me here that will be happy.
4. Dixie Kong
5. Bokoblin

Dukefire

Smash Master
The fight for the invites still continues with the last one for FP 1 still flying around.
Artist: The Gamer Within
the_time_has_come_by_the_gamer_within_ddm5yhf-pre.jpg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

1. Goemon
2. Isaac
3. KOS-MOS
4. Elma
5. Lester the Unlikely (Lol!)

The fight for the invites still continues with the last one for FP 1 still flying around.
Artist: The Gamer Within
LOL!!! Goku's skull laying in the background.

Last edited:
Top Bottom