• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am not expecting shantae but will go nuts if she did get revealed. We shall see in less then 12 hours.

I know i am in the minority but i like how we dont know exactly who it will be. The hype will be legendary

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wayforward has no reason that they have to do anything here. They will release information when they are ready. No reason to be mad and attack them for any reason

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey just dropping in to wish all the supporters luck in their favorite half-genie girl making it in tonight and even if she doesn't don't give up. She still has a shot for post-pass.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Sorry, I'm just wanting some answers. They haven't announced a delay and we're two and a half weeks away from the end of the year.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
For Shantae, her 20th anniversary isn't until 2022
Wayforward's 30th anniversary as a company.

I found it stranger she barely made the top 10 females to add to Smash on GameXplain's list. When she's been known to make well within the top 10 requests in general.

By default she's the best female because she can consistently garner such support without needing to handicap the competition in her favor.

The female or indie quota is but an excuse we Shantae supporters pull to people who don't accept that anyone can want a character to be a fighter purely because of how fun their potential is as a Smash fighter, and must fit their stupid arbitrary bill of "deserving" that ultimately doesn't show anything within the Smash battlefield itself.
Just proves how much she has to fight an uphill battle to accomplish anything. Franchise been around for 17 years, not old enough to count as a retro legend but not new enough to debut in internet spotlight. It's so annoying to deal with. A lot of 00s stuff I know across franchises get pushed aside too as is.

Well the Indie World Direct came and went with NO Shantae and The Seven Sirens info(which that in and of itself is odd) and the spirit upgrade to fighter rumor as yet to be debunked by Sabi. Heck Sabi is unusually quiet when people ask him about Shantae(so far).

So yeah the Shantae for Smash DLC Hype Train is still in motion.
It's really not odd she wasnt in the indie world thing. She wasnt mentioned in any of the indie directs all year, having her announcements usually a week or so afterwards via twitter.

Also, when was Sabi asked about Shantae? Was this a last few days or something? I got distracted from new league patch with another new champion. (Come to think of it, the next character whose coming out in Jan is a wrestler, Incinaroar and CF would be a base) And I dont know the best place to fast forward to in the main thread to see some of the recent speculation meat.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
something to release tension from the VGA imminent arrival tonight. A cute animation of a certain creature that was advertised in SA 2 battle 18 years ago.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Here's hoping she's either CP5, some sort of ending bonus for the Pass, or the first post-Pass DLC.
#ShantaeForSmashDLC
one_day_by_theofficialtoy_ddg1gf1.jpg

D

Deleted member

We’re getting a delay yay

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well guys it's official. Shantae and the Seven Sirens coming out in Spring 2020. Delay confirmed by WayForward themselves.

D

Deleted member

Well guys it's official. Shantae and the Seven Sirens coming out in Spring 2020. Delay confirmed by WayForward themselves.

Took them long enough :p

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

It's nice that we got some news directly from them. I was half expecting a delay due to the lack of news.

Still doesn't mean they can't show a trailer at TGA and I don't think this has any impact on Shantae's chances in Smash.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I expect WF might have a trailer ready for shantae maybe February or March before the game's release coming soon months away. Well, cheers and have a early Merry Christmas for the holiday before the New Year 2020 coming weeks away

Last edited:

moraven116

Smash Rookie
Anyone else find it strange that of all times they’d announce that 7 hours before the game awards?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Anyone else find it strange that of all times they’d announce that 7 hours before the game awards?
Best to clear the smoke before the storm arrives to remove any hazards that could end up backfiring for being flooded with salt.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Well that's a relief. We finally have a release window! I hope that gives them ample time for polishing too.

Best to clear the smoke before the storm arrives to remove any hazards that could end up backfiring for being flooded with salt.
Makes you wonder if WayForward might be watching us :oneeye:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well that's a relief. We finally have a release window! I hope that gives them ample time for polishing too.

Makes you wonder if WayForward might be watching us :oneeye:
nah, more on them watching the flow of the internet to choose the best plan to take action to minimize salt since how it can react from high predicted event. though, they could still watch us here and possibly even other places that are reasonable like twitter for example.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
something to release tension from the VGA imminent arrival tonight. A cute animation of a certain creature that was advertised in SA 2 battle 18 years ago.
Cute! That explains where the walkers came from. Though since it's SA2, it should be Chao in Space 2, since SA1 had a poster featuring the original Chao in Space.

Finally! So limited runs what June-July-ish?

Well... at least that's cleared up.

Maybe she isn't in after all.
That still lines up with first person post pass.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Best that someone else is going to get the invite for this event as the final challenger for the first FP. Who exactly? We will find out tonight. Though, there always room for one more surprise to promote the post DLC characters and content for moving to the year 2020

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Best that someone else is going to get the invite for this event as the final challenger for the first FP. Who exactly? We will find out tonight. Though, there always room for one more surprise to promote the post DLC characters and content for moving to the year 2020
I wouldn't count Shantae out just yet. We still have a good bit going for her (mainly that Sabi hasn't deconfirmed her, despite being asked about her).

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just remember to Hype Responsibility. Last thing to see is the internet throwing their salt around to places like here and other sites. (which is still guaranteed to some people sadly regarding on preparations depending on what is shown.)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it's a shame about the delay but I'm just glad things got narrowed down.

I waited for Half-Genie Hero, I can wait for Spring.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Just remember to Hype Responsibility. Last thing to see is the internet throwing their salt around to places like here and other sites. (which is still guaranteed to some people sadly regarding on preparations.)
And good on WayForward for clearing all that up beforehand. Plus, like Morning Raven said, the new release date lines up with when we'll most likely see our first post-Pass character.

Top Bottom