• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
The ride never ends. Just when I think we may have a nice calm ride the rest of the way to the game awards SOMETHING ELSE MAGICALLY REVEALS ITSELF.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
New Nindies presentation tomorrow.

I wonder if the new Shantae game will make an appearance...
Would be awesome to see. Just a reminder though, that both Seven Sirens news they did were revealed on their own. So we might not even see something. The first image was near an indie direct though.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Ooh, it's an Indie World too!
Not just a local one like indie highlights (EU/UK) or nindies (US).
This one might have something promising! Always hyped to check these out.
Get hyped if WayForward tweets about this XD

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It's mostly wishful thinking. The timing of those tweets was interesting to me and say if something does happen, Sonic could welcome our Half-Genie. Would make sense for him to be one to do it. Both have sidescrolling platformers so one would compliment the other.
Heh, reminds me of that Sonic and Shantae crossover from last year's Sonic Hacking convention.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well this would be the perfect time to announce the full version's release date.

Let's wait and see tho.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok guys crazy not gonna happen theory time.

Nindie world is coming to an end of its stream. They say they got some new news on the shantae game to close out.

They start with an extended trigger opening, showing off more stuff. Then before the end... sudden beam of light engulfs shantae and Risky.

Cut to darkness as shantae slowly wakes up and looks around, wondering where she is. Suddenly, a yellow dress steps into frame and a gloved hand reaches down to help Shantae up. Its Daisy, with Peach nearby. Diasy smiles and hands shantae an envelop.

"Shantae dances through the danger!"

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I'm hoping that on top of Shantae news, we get something for Eastward. That game looks phenomenal.

Staarih

Smash Master
Here's hoping the Indie World presentation will shed some light on The Seven Sirens, I was kinda hoping to play it this year but oh well, any new info would do.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Either the next Promare movie airing or Indie World Direct. It could go in any direction. Besides, WF did say that Shantae's trailer would appear again with the Promare movie, so there is a placeholder.

Last edited:

TheOctoRawk

Smash Rookie
I will be seeing Promare tomorrow night. Will confirm if anything shows up in the Shantae trailer, depending on what comes from Indie World beforehand, if anything.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Maybe cause people don't think she's for "good boys and girls".
If her chest is the issue, they know Sakurai can give her a bigger top to cover up more right? It's not even one of her defining character traits much as perverted idiots anywhere else will tell you otherwise. It's why Mai Shiranui isn't here in E Rated Smash because it's hers using what she's got as a distraction weapon being a kunoichi so part of her character that Sakurai didn't want to betray. Shantae meanwhile is a spunky, dorky, belly dancer (keyword belly, not any other part of her body!) who goes out of her way to save the world even when she loses her magic powers so you know how extremely dedicated she is to the hero business.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
I only hope to see seven sirens in the indie direct.
(I just want a release date lol)

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
If her chest is the issue, they know Sakurai can give her a bigger top to cover up more right? It's not even one of her defining character traits much as perverted idiots anywhere else will tell you otherwise. It's why Mai Shiranui isn't here in E Rated Smash because it's hers using what she's got as a distraction weapon being a kunoichi so part of her character that Sakurai didn't want to betray. Shantae meanwhile is a spunky, dorky, belly dancer (keyword belly, not any other part of her body!) who goes out of her way to save the world even when she loses her magic powers so you know how extremely dedicated she is to the hero business.
True, true.

However, this new presentation throws a monkey wrench into all our theories. If a trailer or even a blink-and-you'll-miss-it release date clip pops up tomorrow, then I doubt Challenger Pack #5 is her.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
True, true.

However, this new presentation throws a monkey wrench into all our theories. If a trailer or even a blink-and-you'll-miss-it release date clip pops up tomorrow, then I doubt Challenger Pack #5 is her.
If her game gets announced during a Nindie Direct, then that just means WayForward intentionally waited this whole time for Seven Sirens' release to be announced by Nintendo. If anything, I like to count that as another score point for her.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
You know... Sabi DID say he wasn't sure that CP5 would be at The Game Awards... and Shantae is highly suspect as of now to be it... and there's this surprise Indie World presentation happening tomorrow...

I'm reaching, I know.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
You know... Sabi DID say he wasn't sure that CP5 would be at The Game Awards... and Shantae is highly suspect as of now to be it... and there's this surprise Indie World presentation happening tomorrow...

I'm reaching, I know.
Nope nope, stop right there. You're not hyping responsibly. Smash anything would take the attention away from the indies, being counterintuitive. It's why the main first party anything clamoring fans in the comments are annoying.

Wayforward announced the last SS stuff after previous indies/on their own. So we have a better shot at a "wayforward's Shantae and the Seven Sirens coming to switch" announcement not TGA with a bonus smash reveal type of thing alas Isabelle.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Nope nope, stop right there. You're not hyping responsibly. Smash anything would take the attention away from the indies, being counterintuitive. It's why the main first party anything clamoring fans in the comments are annoying.

Wayforward announced the last SS stuff after previous indies/on their own. So we have a better shot at a "wayforward's Shantae and the Seven Sirens coming to switch" announcement not TGA with a bonus smash reveal type of thing alas Isabelle.
"Reaching" was a key word you missed.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Man, you guys have issues...

What happened to "If you have nothing of value to say, say nothing at all."
Can we just wait for official news already?
WITHOUT all the speculative and meaningless nonsense.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Im just having fun myself. I know they wont reveal anything at an indies, but its fun to speculate and make beilive and imagine haha

Dukefire

Smash Master
Again, WF hasn't really shown shantae in a Indie direct. So, its more that WF is wanting to show their games at their pace and terms. Meaning it has more room for anticipation of when is WF next move on reveals and trailers with more information.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I mean, we already know she isn't an issue like that since her spirit is already in the game, unaltered. Mythra had her spirit altered and Mai didn't get a spirit at all, so Shantae is clearly considered to be less of an issue than either of them. As far as I'm concerned, we already know Sakurai's opinion of if Shantae is for good little boys and girls or not.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I firmly think if we DON'T get Shantae info tomorrrow it'll be Game Awards, or bizarrely by WF themselves just on their twitter.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So...
You have fun making up things to believe in?
Where's the value in that? oO
Making fun and having fun are different. Im not mocking anyone who really thinjs something may show up at the nindies. Hell i want something to happen there as it would surprise everyone. I am just having fun imagining the trailer or peoplea reaction

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Making fun and having fun are different. Im not mocking anyone who really thinjs something may show up at the nindies. Hell i want something to happen there as it would surprise everyone. I am just having fun imagining the trailer or peoplea reaction
I guess...
But running around like chicken and panicing over nothing concrete doesn't help anyone.
Neither does putting down other potential characters, with petty "too boring" arguments or something like that.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I guess...
But running around like chicken and panicing over nothing concrete doesn't help anyone.
Neither does putting down other potential characters, with petty "too boring" arguments or something like that.
I don't think anyone on here is THAT invested in all of this tho. We are all just speculating because the very nature of a mystery makes it entertaining to try and put all the pieces together as best you can to solve it. It's a practice in logic and reasoning skills to try to figure out what is happening even tho we don't have all the information. And that kind of engagement can make the time spent waiting for some kind of information far easier to bare because you are at least keeping busy.

If it's not something you care to participate in, that's completely fine. Anything that is more trouble than it's worth for any one person is the first thing in their life they should do away with. But if others do get some fun out of it, and they aren't harming any others in the process, then that is over all a positive and healthy thing that shouldn't be stifled.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With WayForward promising the release of Seven Sirens in 2019 it was suspicious to me they haven't said a word yet about it's release date whether or not if it was coming out this year or 2020. But like I said before, there is a slim chance they coud be holding it back to reveal it with Shantae in Smash. The Indie World Presentation looks promising for us either way, but remember:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Not really related to anything in particular, but it looks like Sony is starting to play nice with the others as crossplay on Minecraft now works across all platforms.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Guys what if that Anniversary pic with Mario, Daisy and all the DLC is actually hiding the next DLC character on the out of frame platform?

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone on here is THAT invested in all of this tho. We are all just speculating because the very nature of a mystery makes it entertaining to try and put all the pieces together as best you can to solve it. It's a practice in logic and reasoning skills to try to figure out what is happening even tho we don't have all the information. And that kind of engagement can make the time spent waiting for some kind of information far easier to bare because you are at least keeping busy.

If it's not something you care to participate in, that's completely fine. Anything that is more trouble than it's worth for any one person is the first thing in their life they should do away with. But if others do get some fun out of it, and they aren't harming any others in the process, then that is over all a positive and healthy thing that shouldn't be stifled.
I personally don't see any fun in speculating tbh.
Feels like an opinionated and smug thing to me personally.
I rather just wait for the news, while playing games or doing other fun things.
But that's just me...

I agree, but dont think i was doing either
I wasn't speaking about you specifically.

Top Bottom