• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
This kind of reminds me of a chapter from horror manga author Junji Ito, called "The Long Dream" in which a patient in a mental ward says that he's having dreams that keep getting progressively longer. For example, one night he was in his dream for a week, the next, a year, then the next, 10 years--but still all over the course over his 8-hour sleep or however long. There's more to the story, but it explores some interesting and creepy stuff.

As for your question, no, I wouldn't press it lol. I love Shantae, but not enough to literally go insane in my consciousness.
I mean...you go BACK to normal once the time is up. lol
You wouldn't even remember any trauma you had, not even subconsciously.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I mean...you go BACK to normal once the time is up. lol
You wouldn't even remember any trauma you had, not even subconsciously.
Yeah I know. Guess it's hard to gauge then since if you don't remember it, would you even really experience it?

Sysreq

Smash Ace
If you were to wake up around 500M years later, you'd be literally easy pickings for whatever wandering species comes to you. Or you'd be buried alive in a bunch of ash, rubble, oil, and possibly radioactive stuff.
In this particular hypothetical though, time doesn't pass; it only passes in your consciousness. So from your perspective you would push a button, do 500M years in your brain, then come back to the real world without any memory of the 500M years. But if you don't remember the 500M years, did they even really happen from your perspective?

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
In this particular hypothetical though, time doesn't pass; it only passes in your consciousness. So from your perspective you would push a button, do 500M years in your brain, then come back to the real world without any memory of the 500M years. But if you don't remember the 500M years, did they even really happen from your perspective?
The whole scenario reminds me of Chaotic.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Somebody ranting off some good pointers for Shantae. The Shantae portion in the video is at 12:20.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
I would not push the button. It has proven fact that the mind cannot comprehend living forever for us humans, and will drive you to insanity. Even if you don't remember it, there is bound to be some negative aspects left from the false 500m years in your own head. Even for Shantae, I wouldn't risk it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I walk out of here for a few hours, and you all get introspective about the meaning of life itself.

Lord almighty, you guys need news for literally anything at this point. :dizzy:
Honestly, the announcement of the release date for Seven Sirens would make me just about as happy as Shantae getting into Smash at this point in time.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, I'm waiting patiently for news coming soon. Just the heat from other sources is starting to make it harder for waiting.
Screenshot_20191024-194529_YouTube.jpg

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
I just cannot even -- Nintendo broke their last 2 Directs' patterns. 3 weeks before Smash amiibo is Direct announcement, 2 weeks before is the Thursday Direct. It's wringing my brain like a bath cloth.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I just cannot even -- Nintendo broke their last 2 Directs' patterns. 3 weeks before Smash amiibo is Direct announcement, 2 weeks before is the Thursday Direct. It's wringing my brain like a bath cloth.
Just let it come without thinking too much on patterns. I can say that November is the next direct and that is where I stay.
Screenshot_20191024-194545_YouTube.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Can anyone find confirmation on Cristina Vee having broken an NDA with Nintendo with her not voicing Edelgard in Fire Emblem? I keep seeing it brought up by people and it could keep her from getting new lines for Shantae if she ever gets in Smash.

Also Im just curious, outside of Smash stuff.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone find confirmation on Cristina Vee having broken an NDA with Nintendo with her not voicing Edelgard in Fire Emblem? I keep seeing it brought up by people and it could keep her from getting new lines for Shantae if she ever gets in Smash.

Also Im just curious, outside of Smash stuff.
Either I've missed that news, or it never happened/someone made it up to discredit.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Now I can't help but feel MY brain being wrung out. Thanks for coining the new idiom. :4pacman:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Can we just at least cool off a bit here? I'm starting to see that its becoming a out of control hype madness.
Screenshot_20190624-023701_YouTube.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Does anyone remember that tweet Cristina made talking about some "Impossible" thing did she use the word dream in it?

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Does anyone remember that tweet Cristina made talking about some "Impossible" thing did she use the word dream in it?
Cristina Vee in "Man of La Mancha"?

:p

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Can we just at least cool off a bit here? I'm starting to see that its becoming a out of control hype madness.
From the quip about the 5th fighter "pleasing the Smash fans," that to me sounds like Geno or Sora or Monster Hunter. I mean, it could be Shantae, but I'd venture to say that it's one of the other 3 if that's coming from a business figure talking about the fanbase (can't remember if it was Reggie or Sakurai that said that line). So we should be prepared for the very real possibility of a delay.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Err... The combination of the words "impossible" and "dream" made me think of the song from the musical. (Well, the movie adaptation.)

A bad attempt at a joke.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, Halloween is 5 days away. So here is a shantae artwork for today.
Artist: TOWELSRANDOM
shantae_cosplay___merasmus_by_towelsrrandom_ddj1vta-pre.jpg

Also, seismela tremoro

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
I support Shantae! I feel like if any indie character will get in the game it should be her.
Quote is the only other indie rep to whom I'd cede Shantae's spot. Even then, it's a real shame considering Shantae's history with Nintendo specifically and the much-needed energy she'd bring to the game.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
A 'leak' that we might be getting a Shantae Funko POP figure?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Sign me up!
I only got a Hatsune Miku POP figure, she could use a cute friend.

Dukefire

Smash Master
A little off course, but if you did follow FP2 (Freedom Planet), they did release an announcement video a day ago if you want to know about Galaxytrail's status.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I have LOVED freedom planet for years. Its a fantastic game and you guys should play it if you loved the old school sonic games, but still want a nice story and characters. Heres the newest trailer for the next game

sadly still no release date, but its a smallish team so makes sense its taking awhile

Dukefire

Smash Master
I have LOVED freedom planet for years. Its a fantastic game and you guys should play it if you loved the old school sonic games, but still want a nice story and characters. Heres the newest trailer for the next game

sadly still no release date, but its a smallish team so makes sense its taking awhile
If I remember correctly, they are getting some help from Christian Whitehead. The same person that was part of the team that made Sonic Mania and Plus

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Sign me up!
Hmm straw grasping, but...didnt Joker get a Funko POP after he got in Smash?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Among several other P5-related announcements. This figure could be meant to coincide with S5 as well.

I chanced upon Shantae's last words in part 1, and this is what I think about them at the moment:

Shantae: "THIS IS THE WORST VACATION EVER!!!"

Luigi: "Hold my beer."

Dukefire

Smash Master
Among several other P5-related announcements. This figure could be meant to coincide with S5 as well.

I chanced upon Shantae's last words in part 1, and this is what I think about them at the moment:

Shantae: "THIS IS THE WORST VACATION EVER!!!"

Luigi: "Hold my beer."
Speaking for luigi, his haunted vacation is coming in 4 days.

Hopefully, its not 2 spooky 4 you.

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Banjo-Kazooie had been getting merch with the updated backpack (which, no one was sure why it changed).

Ordinarily, I'd say it's just in tandem with SatSS, but the timing is far too eerie.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Sign me up!
That's awesome news, she will look great next to my Universal Monsters and my MST3K Bots

Top Bottom