• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
So there's a rematch going on at a certain fan tournament.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
So there's a rematch going on at a certain fan tournament.

Spyro only won that match due to fake accounts and he doesn't even check to make sure those account are real or fake. Which is dumb. Are haters that much salty for a character that they would cheat in order to win in a FAN tournament!?!?!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Perfect time for Luigi to spot Rottytops or maybe some HGH backer enemies...? :D
Lookalikes would still be pretty neat.

Spyro only won that match due to fake accounts and he doesn't even check to make sure those account are real or fake. Which is dumb. Are haters that much salty for a character that they would cheat in order to win in a FAN tournament!?!?!
This coming from the guy who shouts at the top of his lungs for every little update on it involving his favourite character?

Never bought into this format in the first place myself. You should always be able to speak about what characters you'd like in Smash at any given moment, and no fan can ever hope to make a comprehensive list of wants.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I never see anyone pop up to address double posts on other character threads. :ohwell:

Are you guys even really surprised? Its also a fan made thing, so it really doesn't worth squat. It's been discussed that would happen again since it happen in the past.
This, absolutely none of it frigging matters. It's like The Emperor's frigging New Clothes. Most people don't realise that a fan poll tournament's final results don't even affect anything except a character's e-peen. Basically just passing the time in a way that doesn't involve posting here or playing Ultimate.

Like Spongebob once said, "It's just a game, you know.".

Last edited:

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Are you guys even really surprised? Its also a fan made thing, so it really doesn't worth squat. It's been discussed that would happen again since it happen in the past.
im not surpried it happend, there will always be at least a few suspicious accounts/votes on any fan made poll. its unavoidable

The difference is most other fan polls at least TRY to police issues like this. there is usually some sort of Vote Via IP thing to make it THAT much harder to stuff the ballot box, YouTube comments have no such policing tools.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I'm wondering when we'll get new info on Shantae Seven Sirens, its STILL slated for a 2019 release.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, the feeling of this being the last smash game, Sakurai giving his all and literaly the title called ULTIMATE. Its sure to cause many to scramble to see their favorite character(s) duking it out since this is the only time this many are gathered in one place. Whatever it takes, even if it means to play dirty.
Screenshot_20190920-144934_YouTube.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Honestly, the feeling of this being the last smash game, Sakurai giving his all and literaly the title called ULTIMATE. Its sure to cause many to scramble to see their favorite character(s) duking it out since this is the only time this many are gathered in one place. Whatever it takes, even if it means to play dirty.
Good thing Shantae can cheat by wish granting for herself if she really tries.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
If we go by the original concept of djinns being lower-class divinity figures, would that make Shantae demidivine by nature? :p
Actually given how half breeds tend to almost always tap into some unheard of latent potential in fiction. She's likely a full on divine.

Superiorstar

Smash Cadet
Actually given how half breeds tend to almost always tap into some unheard of latent potential in fiction. She's likely a full on divine.
Shantae's design is sort of a farce actually, she's designed to look like a djinn but her origins are more similar to a jann instead.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Been playing Indivisible. Not gonna lie: it's a real game of the year contender. The merging of turn based action and fighting games with the directional buttons representing each member of your party feels amazing! Shantae is gonna be so much fun mixing her moves with the other characters' whenever she gets added.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Been playing Indivisible. Not gonna lie: it's a real game of the year contender. The merging of turn based action and fighting games with the directional buttons representing each member of your party feels amazing! Shantae is gonna be so much fun mixing her moves with the other characters' whenever she gets added.
Yeah, do we have a timetable for that, as well as how they'll be implemented? It would be nice if the Switch version has everything ready to go when it launches.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Petition for a bot to change the phrase "ready to go" in this thread to "ret-2-go." Lol

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we go by the original concept of djinns being lower-class divinity figures, would that make Shantae demidivine by nature? :p
Hey well, it worked for Hercules, so why not? Being demi-divine, I mean.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Shantae's design is sort of a farce actually, she's designed to look like a djinn but her origins are more similar to a jann instead.
Jann does work for Shantae better than Genasi.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I have not seen shantae's commercial for the GBC. Though, it must have been shown in tv years ago or somewhere on a VHS tape with a movie or show.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
I have not seen shantae's commercial for the GBC. Though, it must have been shown in tv years ago or somewhere on a VHS tape with a movie or show.
My money (if Legit) is on an old Video game magazine demo reel kinda thing.
Back in the day it wasnt unheard of to get a VHS or DVD of nothing but Trailers, every once in a while with your gaming magazine subscription.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Wanted to post this since it Miiight be interesting? Its a reconstruction of an article from March 2018 search the link in google to go to a translated version.

https://yougot-neko.com/smash-bros_new-gest-character/
Speculative as this might be, it's interesting to see Shantae mentioned on a Japanese blog and it did make me recall some Tweet or other official blurb that had Layton talking about a tournament and meeting a strange blue robot boy (Mega Man).

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, here is a shantae artwork for tonight.
Artist: Dezmin-Mikai
shantae_5_by_dezmin_mikal_ddhzahk-pre.jpg
Here is also to me getting back to playing Smash Ultimate again with my time being more flexible once again. Its going to be a rough welcoming on online battles for while till my senses return.:(

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hey guys been awhile, but i giess i haven't missed much.

So our Shantae girl Christina vee put out a new cover song... her singing a rock remix of lifeloght from smash ultimate. Coincidence, or hint, you decide :p

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Hey guys been awhile, but i giess i haven't missed much.

So our Shantae girl Christina vee put oit a new cover song... her singing a rock remix of lifeloght from smash ultimate. Coincidence, or hint, you decide :p

I think it's just Vee being Vee. As much as I'd love for it to be Shantae, while I'm all in for putting my eggs in a basket, I am a bit cautious.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Whatever it is, the suspense for smash and/or other stuff is starting to drown me in the deep sea.
Screenshot_20190725-222203_YouTube.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
And we still don't know what her bleeding "impossible dream" is. The only thing that's impossible is narrowing down what it's supposed to be.
Maybe its the Miraculous Ladybug theatrical movie? She's the main character after all.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi

Dukefire

Smash Master
Who knows, maybe a surprise for the end of the year may come at not a lot of people attention.

Top Bottom