• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've been thinking about the Mural. The spot next to Daisy is still open right?

Yooo Ash finally won Pokemon league. After some 20 years he finally won.

On the mural, at the moment Mii Gunner is directly next to Daisy (due to Mii Swordfighter being moved to accommodate :ultbanjokazooie:), but characters can shift around to make room.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here is the specific spot on the Smash Ultimate Poster.
Again, its subject to change once a new challenger appears in a trailer.

Though, I would keep a different idea in case since the Smash Team could place Shantae somewhere else should she get in
Screenshot_20190916-190334_Chrome.jpg

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey

Though, I would keep a different idea in case since the Smash Team could place Shantae somewhere else should she get in
That still looks so weird without Shantae bumping hips with Daisy. I know that it's supposed to be sassy and cute at the same time, basically representing her as Peach's mannerism foil, but it's like the High Five taunt from TF2: It's better with someone else with you.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

I actually think this MIGHT be a bigger hint then we think cause it just seems weird to seperate the mii fighters when originally in this banner they were together. I mean Link seperated them but Gunner was still very much in line with the other two

D

Deleted member

I thought of a place she could be in he mural and I’ve been thinking about it a lot and the position makes sence. But since images aren’t working I’ll have to share it later

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I thought of a place she could be in he mural and I’ve been thinking about it a lot and the position makes sence. But since images aren’t working I’ll have to share it later
Just post an imgur link you big stinky.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I think with the announcement of more DLC combined with the Sans costume, Shantae's odds shot through the roof. Now we don't know how many there will be after the Fighters pass, but the larger the number the more likely she becomes. We know that Sakurai is looking to fulfill fans wishes with the selections, expand the reach of Smash to other game worlds, we know that he is keeping insides and Western Devs in mind...

I mean it would be hard to find a character who cavers all that and still has a very large level of support other than our girl. Of course anything could happen, but I think things are lining up nicely for Shantae to dance her way onto the battlefield.

D

Deleted member

All right i got it working! Here’s the place in the mural that I was thinking all the time
CDE3052F-DC4D-4364-BEE0-9519A14C6960.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Looks like a good spot, but I would continue her speculation after Shantae and the Seven Sirens show its release date. WF knows they can't keep people hanging.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Looks like a good spot, but I would continue her speculation after Shantae and the Seven Sirens show its release date. WF knows they can't keep people hanging.
Yeah I agree, this is a more important matter right now. The demo seemed pretty advanced for what it is, too, an entire dungeon to go through, so it's well past its proof-of-concept stage.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo guys check out what I made!

Honestly she has a great chance rn either inside or outside of the pass. No fan made rules will hold her back. And besides the only official rule we have is no 4th party characters.
I'd imagine she'd have Risky Boots as a Spirit no? Otherwise pretty spot on.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yeah I agree, this is a more important matter right now. The demo seemed pretty advanced for what it is, too, an entire dungeon to go through, so it's well past its proof-of-concept stage.
Again, the Promare Movie Premiere might fill us in with another opening animation of the game with the release date.

And it might start the window theory again........Just Kidding.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Again, the Promare Movie Premiere might fill us in with another opening animation of the game with the release date.

And it might start the window theory again........Just Kidding.
Well, considering that the Smash joke in Deltarune actually amounted to something a little substantial...let's just say I won't leave anything off the table.

Anyway, when in the day does the showing air? And has anyone else noticed that the antagonist's hair looks a bit like Pyra's?

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, considering that the Smash joke in Deltarune actually amounted to something a little substantial...let's just say I won't leave anything off the table.

Anyway, when in the day does the showing air? And has anyone else noticed that the antagonist's hair looks a bit like Pyra's?
Premiere nationwide Sept 17 and 19. In select theaters Sept 20

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It's already sounding to be the biggest Shantae adventure yet. The last game to have multiple towns was the original where they happened to be essentially fancy menus. And it doesn't look like the map will be split into chunks like Pirate's Curse. The title alone suggests seven dungeons. It could easily rival Half-Genie Hero Ultimate in content, and even surpass the latter with DLC.

Wouldn't it be a funny twist if 6 of the "elements" the Sirens embody end up being Fire, Earth, Water, Air, Time and Heaven, the same as the Crests in Demon's... Crest?

Something also occured to me regarding Sora and potential Disney complications. There's this mobile game called Sega Heroes, you see, and one of the most recent characters released for it was Neff from Altered Beast. The design used for him was his final Van Vader form, a humanoid rhino. He made a cameo in Wreck-It Ralph, and his design in this game is based off of that.

Neff is the purple rhino on the left. Now here he is in Sega Heroes:

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Some Seven Sirens gameplay is out!

Edit:
After seeing the whole video, I have some things to say.
I like that cutscenes are a thing. Obviously they are not Studio Trigger levels of detail, but they are still cool.

That mayor is totally evil.

The zombie half genie is clearly related to Rotty in some way. Besides her obvious suspiciousness, she is missing from the cover while Rotty is still present. I am just wondering the context.

What was that monster girl that appeared around 21:18 and what is it's significance? Seems like a strange detail to throw in, so I am guessing it's foreshadowing to something later in the game.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master

Edit:
I like that cutscenes are a thing. Obviously they are not Studio Trigger levels of detail, but they are still cool.

The zombie half genie is clearly related to Rotty in some way. Besides her obvious suspiciousness, she is missing from the cover while Rotty is still present. I am just wondering the context.

What was that monster girl that appeared around 21:18 and what is it's significance? Seems like a strange detail to throw in, so I am guessing it's foreshadowing to something later in the game.
If the Gameplay preview is out, then the release date for the game isn't too far away.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
I love Shantae's new art for those portraits.
Buuuut the in game model does not reflect her updated look (eye color is the first that springs to mind). I know this isn't done yet so, I'm sure that and other things will get ironed out.

Of course my mistake was looking through the comments on the vid and of course, there's a couple of "she's not going to be a fighter in smash" posts because apparently people just get off on being killjoys...

Dukefire

Smash Master
There are always people that do kill dreams to either get a reaction and/or reduce potential salt

Also, its almost time for Promare tomorrow.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master

Edit:

Loving the gameplay, and animated cutscenes is just the cherry on top the cake. All I need is a release date and the game in my hand and I’m good to go. Shantae has evolved so much and hopefully this game will be a success to correlate to that.

The other half-genies would make for good spirits for a potential Shantae spirit board btw. Not that there’s a lack of options as is with Skye, Bolo, Rottytops etc.

I wonder when we’ll learn about Fighter #5. I find it odd how Nintendo doesn’t have a game coming out in December (as of now at least) while they did the last few years with XC2 and SSBU. Either they’ll ride the wind with Pokémon, have yet to reveal the full schedule of the year or maybe save a hype Smash DLC reveal for December to boost that game for another holiday.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's already sounding to be the biggest Shantae adventure yet. The last game to have multiple towns was the original where they happened to be essentially fancy menus. And it doesn't look like the map will be split into chunks like Pirate's Curse. The title alone suggests seven dungeons. It could easily rival Half-Genie Hero Ultimate in content, and even surpass the latter with DLC.

Wouldn't it be a funny twist if 6 of the "elements" the Sirens embody end up being Fire, Earth, Water, Air, Time and Heaven, the same as the Crests in Demon's... Crest?

Something also occured to me regarding Sora and potential Disney complications. There's this mobile game called Sega Heroes, you see, and one of the most recent characters released for it was Neff from Altered Beast. The design used for him was his final Van Vader form, a humanoid rhino. He made a cameo in Wreck-It Ralph, and his design in this game is based off of that.

Neff is the purple rhino on the left. Now here he is in Sega Heroes:

Well, that's interesting.

I will say, on a vague related Sega note, it's extremely rare for a creator to go indie, then give up on being indie when things go south and join a different big company.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...king_an_original_action_game_with_square_enix

Really, all that hullaballoo for nothing? It's even shorter than animated Pikachu and Pixar shorts! And the song's not nearly as good as DttD.

Guess it's really just a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" arrangement with Trigger. No exclusives, just promoting each other's stuff.

I wonder when we’ll learn about Fighter #5. I find it odd how Nintendo doesn’t have a game coming out in December (as of now at least) while they did the last few years with XC2 and SSBU. Either they’ll ride the wind with Pokémon, have yet to reveal the full schedule of the year or maybe save a hype Smash DLC reveal for December to boost that game for another holiday.
Or a more esoteric pick that gets old-school followers curious. That is more likely to me, honestly, seeing how previous patterns have all went.

Yet it'll still be better than Decapre at the end of Super Street Fighter IV's DLC.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Okay after watching the cutscenes I notice how Rotty and the Zombie Half Genie are never in the same cutscene together......the heck are WayForward trying to imply here?

Staarih

Smash Master
Okay after watching the cutscenes I notice how Rotty and the Zombie Half Genie are never in the same cutscene together......the heck are WayForward trying to imply here?
I noticed the same, there's definitely some sort of a connection. Wouldn't surprise if Rotty got a bit of special treatment, her being a fan favorite after all. Can't wait for the Seven Sirens to open up more on Shantae lore, both for her and supporting characters. I'm also hoping we see more of familiar side characters like Twitch & Vinegar and Holly Lingerbean to really enrich the Shantae universe.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That gameplay does look good so far. Those animated cutscenes are adorable as well. I am in the camp that the zombie genie is either rotty, or very closely tied to rotty.

As for 5th fighter news, i feel like maybe they will announce it when they show off terry, and the first of the new fighters will be at the game awards.

Dukefire

Smash Master
For now, its only Part 1 with the gameplay footage up to the Water Lily's Den.

But, we do have a lot of juicy information to speculate on.

Like, who is the TRUE villian on the island?
And its confirmed that there are only 7 Half Genies

As for 5th fighter news, i feel like maybe they will announce it when they show off terry, and the first of the new fighters will be at the game awards.
That is a good idea since the Fighters Pass is almost over. Why not kickstart the new DLC wave with a new challenger for the upcoming 2020

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

That is a good idea since the Fighters Pass is almost over. Why not kickstart the new DLC wave with a new challenger for the upcoming 2020
When it comes to the "real" villain, the Mayor comes to mind being the one who chose to gather all the half Genies in the first place. But maybe that's too obvious...

Dukefire

Smash Master
When it comes to the "real" villain, the Mayor comes to mind being the one who chose to gather all the half Genies in the first place. But maybe that's too obvious...
There is always someone else that's pulling the strings.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

7 half-genies in this game, or in all of Sequin Land?

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019

And since Reggie is coming back for The Game Awards we could have him announce Shantae for paid DLC character 6 :yeahboi:

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice

Edit:

Honestly,the fact that the game's apparently divided into multiple parts is what immediately stuck out to me.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
There is always someone else that's pulling the strings.
Yeah, I know it seems too clear, but sometimes they try and pull a surprise surprise ending lol. Either way I'm getting strong Chairman Rose for pokemon vibes from the Mayor. They both look like the guy being manipulated by the real villain.

Top Bottom