• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Off subject, but Nintendo has officially announced the Nintendo Switch Lite.
My smallest peeve about the Switch lite is the controllers, (at least on how I see) is permanently attached and cant be detached. It's nothing truly major, but I like the option to take controllers to a few buddies places instead of bringing the entire system if they already have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say it could be very amusing with risky boot as one of the two and shantae be like the other one.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I still hope to see more news about Shantae 5 soon and eventually to River City Girls coming on Sept 5.

Also, here is a Shantae artwork today.
Artist: conveykaiser
sophia_iii_shantae_by_convoykaiser_ddb920u-pre.jpg

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Off subject, but Nintendo has officially announced the Nintendo Switch Lite.
You know, by it's shape and design I really like it, but not being able to dock makes it pointless in my opinion. I don't mind non detachable controls because for me I only ever play in handheld mode or on tv with the pro controller. But not being able to hook it up to the tv when all it really would need is any kind of adapter means there is no point in me getting it.

Guess I'll just wait for the alleged "pro" next year, perhaps next spring to line up with the original switch release.

Last edited by a moderator:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
You know, by it's shape and design I really like it, but not being able to dock makes it pointless in my opinion. I don't mind non detachable controls because for me I only ever play in handheld mode or on tv with the pro controller. But not being able to hook it up to the tv when all it really would need is any kind of adapter means there is no point in me getting it.

Guess I'll just wait for the alleged "pro" next year, perhaps next spring to line up with the original switch release.
Maybe it's just me but I've never really seen the point of buying the same console twice, regardless of any tweaks they make. The best rerelease of any system in my opinion were the upgraded ps4 and Xbox one but even then I felt it was pointless. I can still play every new game on my original release version.

Dukefire

Smash Master
From what I can see.

The mini switch.

Pros: Smaller to carry, easier to pick up and put away

Cons: can't dock and detach joy-cons. Plus, can't play certain games without seperate wireless joy cons.

How you want it is up to you.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't seems like a good choice to me except if the price is really low compared to the old switch it's not a good deal

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
One thing I could see selling me on the Switch Lite. If they added a "Controller mode" feature where it works as a controller for a docked Switch classic. That could open up huge possibilities for Mario Maker as well as any DS or Wii U ports.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Mecha shantae is quite funny to see good work for the person behind this it's really good

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I wish I can wish her a Happy Birthday but I am blocked by her due to things out of my control(not something I myself say or agreed with). So if anyone wants to pass my message to her then it will be very much appreciated.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...eorists_kill_la_kill_if_has_not_been_censored

So, there you have it, ArcSys sticking it to the man. They're brave, I'll say this much.
While true they also deny the censorship as a "conspiracy theory". Even though it was proven by Sony themselves that this was the case.

Here is the article in which they deny the censorship conspiracy.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/07/...es-no-kill-la-kill-if-censorship-of-any-kind/

"I'm putting this to bed once and for all, you crazy conspiracy theorists... The game has NOT been censored in anyway. The Japanese, EU, and NA versions are identical. So, just stop it. kthxbai"

Tell that to the developers of Omega Labyrinth Z when they had their game cancelled on the PS4 after it was approved by the ESRB.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So they made a shantae body pillow. Saw it on twitter. Pretty nice too. I like getting the non adult body pillows myself, a fun collectable. I probably shouldt link becaise they of course made an adult version too in the same tweet. If you do want to look for it its from moemarket/hobbyheart, just be careful where you look

While true they also deny the censorship as a "conspiracy theory". Even though it was proven by Sony themselves that this was the case.

Here is the article in which they deny the censorship conspiracy.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/07/...es-no-kill-la-kill-if-censorship-of-any-kind/

"I'm putting this to bed once and for all, you crazy conspiracy theorists... The game has NOT been censored in anyway. The Japanese, EU, and NA versions are identical. So, just stop it. kthxbai"

Tell that to the developers of Omega Labyrinth Z when they had their game cancelled on the PS4 after it was approved by the ESRB.
I wonder if they honestly just meant that the conspiracy about kill la kill being censored and not censorship as a whole. If its the later thats very out of touch. And i didnt know that game got outright cancled...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So they made a shantae body pillow. Saw it on twitter. Pretty nice too. I like getting the non adult body pillows myself, a fun collectable. I probably shouldt link becaise they of course made an adult version too in the same tweet. If you do want to look for it its from moemarket/hobbyheart, just be careful where you look

I wonder if they honestly just meant that the conspiracy about kill la kill being censored and not censorship as a whole. If its the later thats very out of touch. And i didnt know that game got outright cancled...
An offical WayForward sponsored one, or one made by some other party? Bet you can find plenty of unofficial ones if you look hard enough.

zferolie

Smash Hero
An offical WayForward sponsored one, or one made by some other party? Bet you can find plenty of unofficial ones if you look hard enough.
Non offical, but its a pretty high quality one compaired to some i have seen.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I wish I could say Happy Birthday to Christina, but I can't due to personal reasons on twitter in the past.

Also, here is a Shantae Artwork for today.
Artist: DrQuack64
Chibi_Genie~_by_DrQuack64.png

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Thats 2 people that cant tweet to vee? What did you guys do haha
Followed an idiot that was harassing her but didn't know about the harassment until AFTER I was blocked. I blocked that ******* but it was too little too late.

"I wonder if they honestly just meant that the conspiracy about kill la kill being censored and not censorship as a whole. If its the later thats very out of touch. And i didnt know that game got outright cancled…" Yeah Omega Labyrinth Z was cancelled in the West due to "Platform holder(basically SOYNY) policies".

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
They...

They made a what now?
and when are they gonna make a Rotty one

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Followed an idiot that was harassing her but didn't know about the harassment until AFTER I was blocked. I blocked that ******* but it was too little too late.

"I wonder if they honestly just meant that the conspiracy about kill la kill being censored and not censorship as a whole. If its the later thats very out of touch. And i didnt know that game got outright cancled…" Yeah Omega Labyrinth Z was cancelled in the West due to "Platform holder(basically SOYNY) policies".
Ah that sucks you got blocked for that. And wow... thats so stupid and feel bad for the company. Sony is being so god damn stupid on this.

Past Post Smash 4 salt after Bayonetta was announced to be the supposed winner of the ballot.

I didn't let go of it for a long while.
You were young and stupid, it happens :p

Dukefire

Smash Master
Off subject,
A video about Sakurai talking about the process to creating CG character reveal trailers.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I feel the need to reiterate something said by someone else elsewhere; you know it's messed up when you have to go to Nintendo , to not have your games censored nowadays. If someone said this during the Wii U days, they'd be laughed off. Sure, CERO is occasionally kept in mind in regards to making sure stuff is appropriate (e.g. some Ultimate spirits), but outright blocking games from the West is a little...shortsighted, maybe? It's not like a big audience was going to buy niche games like that, so that's just poking the beehive.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Had to re-upload the Shantae moveset again because I found more blatantly obvious errors. Anyway, got that out of the way...

Also, what do you all think would be a good Final Smash for Shantae? On my video, I thought her belly dance could be a good Final Smash, where the hearts and notes deal damage.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Had to re-upload the Shantae moveset again because I found more blatantly obvious errors. Anyway, got that out of the way...

Also, what do you all think would be a good Final Smash for Shantae? On my video, I thought her belly dance could be a good Final Smash, where the hearts and notes deal damage.
Qhen i click on that link on my phone it brings me to a blocked link. Sure you linked it right?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

I'd have it so she sucks up enemies with the genie lamp, whereupon they receive a beatdown from Shantae and her friends (which could range from the usual Sky, Bolo & Rottytops to other Wayforward stars). And call it Friends To The End.

Last edited:
Top Bottom