• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Though the question is, where will Shantae 5 appear if Wayforward is ready to show a preview of the game?

The Actual Direct or the Indie Day 2019? She's between two places.

Dukefire

Smash Master
If we are going for Smash Ultimate DLC challenger #2 and possibly #3?, June 11th will be the day that will come to shine the truth.

Until then, the news bomb is stuck in place.
1atbuqchz763m.png

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I swear to **** if Shantae is reveale on my freaking birthday of all days...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Either way, she's coming soon with her next installment (yet to be announced with gameplay footage and final title).
D2io5uLX0AA-zF9.jpg

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
How do you think everyone would react, if Banjo AND Erdrick both DIDNT get revealed at the Direct, and we ended up just getting completely different reveals.
I would honestly be very happy.

Sorry to fans of these characters, but I don't care about either of them. I've not played their games and don't plan to. But this isn't about that, getting different characters would mean all the rumors really were just a bunch of hogwash and we can continue to be surprised. Even if the characters we got were still some that I don't care about, I'd be happier being surprised.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Im not holding my breath for Shantae Reveal for E3,
As popular as she is, Shes really only popular with the Hardcore Smash fans, while E3 is generally used for more crazy general audience hype announcements.

If we every get Shantae my money is on her being a part of a smaller general direct, Part of an Indie Direct, or a more hardcore focused event (like the game awards did with Joker)

That being said this IS Nintendo and Sakurai, they are both pretty unpredictable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
After the leaks from Smash 4, Nintendo is really stepping up their game to make sure all surprises are not ruined.

Also, the final day before the Nintendo Direct is upon us.
83e.jpg

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have to wonder if that's the only leaker they've tracked down or if they've got more in their sights.

Dukefire

Smash Master
With tension almost reaching the top, here is a shantae artwork to relieve some of it.
Artist: segldraws
shantae_02_by_segldraws_dd8tn96-pre.jpg

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wayforward posted another spotlight of one of their older games.

Dukefire

Smash Master

A lot of old games Wayforward is wanting to bring back into the spotlight. Wonder what's next?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Technically, they didn't even make this one. Mystik Belle would have been forgotten if they didn't step in as a publisher.

A lot of old games Wayforward is wanting to bring back into the spotlight. Wonder what's next?
A crossover would be neat, like the way Travis Strikes Again brought back a bunch of characters from older Grasshopper Manufacture/Suda 51 games.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Tomorrow is the big day. Whatever happens, if that character doesn't appear at E3, they still have another chance later on.

Don't end up being engulf in the flames of anger and salt.
Screenshot_20190610-215449_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I took off work tommorow for this(plus everything else Nintendo has) I'm excited, for everything they show and whoever the smash character will be

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Sadly I'll miss the big reveal since I work during the time frame the Direct starts. Soo. I'll be avoiding Smashboards till I watch it.
Same boat for me, but hopefully that means we get to come home to some exciting news. I just got home and found out FFVIII is finally getting a remaster so I'm already pleased with this year's E3 for that alone. Hopefully Nintendo delivers on some good announcements tomorrow.

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Man I have not been in this thread since forever. How are y'all doing and what's been the news with Shantae lately aside from her new game coming up? I'm fully aware that Shantae isn't exactly likely for a reveal tomorrow but as long as the Smash train keeps going there's always gonna be a part of me that'll be hopeful!

grizby2

Smash Lord
man I cant get any sleep just thinking about the direct! i'll be thinking about you guys, and the entirety of smashboards, while I watch it. heres to a hopefully epic reveal!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Gah! It's so close! I can't wait to see what they show off. Smash characters, pokemon reveals during the treehouse. Some word on Animal Crossing (hoping they don't just call it Newer Leaf)

Also really hope we find out what they will do to Link's awakening to justify it being a $60 game (you know it is going to cost that much) Personally I think they should add a "Zelda Maker" mode where you use all the games assets to make your own dungeons.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Whatever they were posting, there is going to be a lot of salt today on the Next Challenger(s).
Screenshot_20190610-135826_YouTube.jpg

Also, I will be signing out to avoid any spoilers of the next challenger(s) and to stop my salt to appear. Before I go, here is a shantae artwork.

No matter what happens, there is always another chance later on.
Artist: GameSquid
Shantae-_Next_Time..._by_GameSquid.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom