• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
One more stage from me, it's inspired from the battle against Squid Baron in the Pirate's Curse and his moves. :)
Once again, it looks and feels much better live.
57395730_2190710850987178_8800927617785004032_n.jpg

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Did you guys see this? (credit to BigShad BigShad )

And if youre wondering if there's going to be cute girls, maybe the style he likes is an indicator :)
There was a problem fetching the tweet

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Another stage of mine, this one's based on the infamous elevator room in the Oubliette of Suffering. Of course, since that name's too long for the 16-character limit I instead named it after the place it's clearly based off of: Lower Norfair, with a question mark to somewhat avoid confusion. It's large and conventional KOs may be tough with no pits and a ceiling.

F9BGP9XY

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

And if youre wondering if there's going to be cute girls, maybe the style he likes is an indicator :)
So, nothing to worry about after all. I send my congratulations to this Twitter user, it's such a huge deal to do legit work for a game company! :kirby:

zferolie

Smash Hero

So that game is garunteed to have cute girls and great animation!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Doing well, apart from the fact that the general is on cat drugs again, and paranoia's at an all-time high in some support threads.

I know that a whole month won't be that long before E3, but this place makes it feel that way.
Natural. Once a countdown clock starts for E3, there will be salt and flame wars. Heck, even this place may not be safe since this could happen anytime just by one spark.
Image made by M A Y O
Screenshot_20190422-130508_YouTube.jpg

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Natural. Once a countdown clock starts for E3, there will be salt and flame wars. Heck, even this place may not be safe since this could happen anytime just by one spark.
Image made by M A Y O
View attachment 211279
That's a given. All it takes is a small little flame, and watch that flame become a forest fire in minutes. Other then that, I'm just exhausted from work. But still peachy.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Here is a shantae artwork for today.

Also, how is everyone?
Playing Enter The Gungeon mostly. It's a surprising love letter to many famous guns and projectiles in media.

Image made by M A Y O
View attachment 211279
On the other hand, as mentioned a while ago, this place can always take solace in knowing a new Shantae game is coming, regardless of whether she shows up for E3 for anything.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Playing Enter The Gungeon mostly. It's a surprising love letter to many famous guns and projectiles in media.

On the other hand, as mentioned a while ago, this place can always take solace in knowing a new Shantae game is coming, regardless of whether she shows up for E3 for anything.
True. At least fans are looking FORWARD for this game later this year.
Screenshot_20190325-214804_Chrome.jpg

Dukefire

Smash Master
Also known as the Kunio series, it's about a bunch of SD-looking delinquent punk kids beating the crap out of gangs. Their girlfriends sometimes join in said beating the crap out of gangs.
pretty much those beatem up games with using the environment while fighting. Better look up the original game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
For their girlfriends joining them on the quest. Its this game here.

Honestly, never heard of the series until now.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I've got a crazy theory about the zombies in Shantae... it goes along with my headcanon of there once having been a race of dark but benevolent djinn. Basically, they were all once humans that revered them, and even made contracts/agreements with to be revived upon death. But the process turns them into zombies with no memories of their former selves, especially once the djinn disappeared after the Pirate Master's attack (which is also how most of them got killed). A natural part of the process, or would it have gone more smoothly had the djinn not been disturbed? You decide. Either way, this could explain a possible affinity for dark magic the zombies seem to have, as seen with how Rottytpops was able to find a dark shard.

Dukefire

Smash Master
This artwork shows the current status of the internet with the Fighters Pass still not done yet as 4 invitations are still unopened.
Artist: IDK since I found it while roaming the internet.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Not Shantae or Wayforward-related (it is to cuteness, though), but Puyo Puyo Champions (Esports in Japan) is getting localized May 7th. There are some Puyo Puyo fans here, right?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Not Shantae or Wayforward-related (it is to cuteness, though), but Puyo Puyo Champions (Esports in Japan) is getting localized May 7th. There are some Puyo Puyo fans here, right?
I did play some puyo puyo, but I grew up and like tetris more. Still puyo puyo is interesting to play

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I did play some puyo puyo, but I grew up and like tetris more. Still puyo puyo is interesting to play
To me, Puyo Puyo is more enjoyable, at least from the Vs. standpoint (which would only make sense since the series was built from the ground up that way). You feel more actively engaged against your opponent, and also it's not as hard to bounce back from a misplaced piece so you feel like you have a chance to win even if there's a significant skill gap.

Dukefire

Smash Master
To me, Puyo Puyo is more enjoyable, at least from the Vs. standpoint (which would only make sense since the series was built from the ground up that way). You feel more actively engaged against your opponent, and also it's not as hard to bounce back from a misplaced piece so you feel like you have a chance to win even if there's a significant skill gap.
The only advantage would be how fast can you get a chain going. More chains means more junk.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So apparently there's his new theory going around that the remaining DLC fighters all have figures based on this

and uhh...guess who DOES have a figure?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So apparently there's his new theory going around that the remaining DLC fighters all have figures based on this

That's a pretty nice collection he's got there, I have to admit.

Anyway, wow, you're right!
Rotty does have a figure! ;p

Dukefire

Smash Master

That might be stretch, but still somewhere then nothing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

The random Met kinda bugs me, since he has no involvement with Mega Man's move set.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
There's an uncanny ressemblance I just noticed in Puyo Puyo...

Seriri? Who's that?

All I see is Serilly. (I'm actually not the happiest camper that eSports was what Champions ended up being, since the whole negligible single player content thing kinda goes against the thing westerners loved about Puyo Puyo Tetris, but to offset that I'll probably triple dip). I expect Serilly to sound wonderful, but there is the option for Japanese voices (it seems to be in all versions this time) as well as several more languages by text. I think they want this to be the ultimate Puyo experience for competitive play, and to be the start of the major western Puyo scene. Good night, sweet Puyo Vs 2, we won't need you anymore.

Ah, seeing the Puyo fandom invigorated is very, very beautiful. Now to wait and see if we can get our actual thread to happen, or if it's gonna happen.
The character Serilly (Seriri in Japan), that you can see in the bottom-right of this image, shares many characteristics with Giga Mermaid: same hairstyle, fins in similar spots and even a somewhat similar headdress. She could almost pass as Giga Mermaid when she was little.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Haven’t really contributed much here lately, so I’ve been thinking of ideas for an indie fighting game on a similar scale to Smash and got a bit of a star on the roster:

Awesomenauts: Voltar the Omniscient
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Gunvolt, Copen
Bit.Trip
: CommanderVideo
Bloodstained: Miriam
Cave Story: Quote, Curly Brace
Dust: An Elysian Tail: Dust
Freedom Planet: Lilac, Carol, Milla, Neera Li,
Guacamelee!: Juan, Tostada
A Hat in Time: Hat Kid
Hyper Light Drifter: Drifter
Indivisible: Ajna
Mighty Switch Force: Patricia Wagon
Mutant Mudds: Max
Rivals of Aether: Orcane, Zetterburn, Wrastor, Kragg
Shantae: Shantae, Risky Boots, Rottytops, Sky, Bolo
Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight, Plague Knight, Specter Knight, King Knight,
Steamworld Dig: Rusty

Undecided:
Madeline (Celeste),

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Haven’t really contributed much here lately, so I’ve been thinking of ideas for an indie fighting game on a similar scale to Smash and got a bit of a star on the roster:

Bit.Trip

Undecided:
Madeline (Celeste),
I'd put in the games and stars of Konjac in there: Noitu Love, Xoda Rap and Rilo Doppelori from both Noitu Love games, Robin & Agent Black from Iconoclasts. Plus The Messenger from the game of the same name.

Though speaking of Indivisible, when are we gonna hear more about it?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'd put in the games and stars of Konjac in there: Noitu Love, Xoda Rap and Rilo Doppelori from both Noitu Love games, Robin & Agent Black from Iconoclasts. Plus The Messenger from the game of the same name.

Though speaking of Indivisible, when are we gonna hear more about it?
E3 might cover that since there is more room with Sony and EA games stepping out this year for the event.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Heres hoping we get to see Shantae in action in Indivisible alongside Shantae 5 by then; Indivisible has been in development for, what, 4 years now? I think we are due for some more in game footage of our girl outside of her platforming comfort zone.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here’s some updates to my indie fighting game roster:
Axiom Verge: Trace
Bit.Trip
Dead Cells: The Prisoner
Hollow Knight: Hollow Knight
Iconoclasts: Robin
The Messenger: The Messenger
Noitu Love: Devolution: Xoda Rap, Rilo Doppelori
Undertale: Frisk, Sans

Undecided:
Madeline (Celeste), Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer),

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
With all the speculations that’s going around, I’ve been predicting we will have our square and Microsoft rep revealed at E3 and then in the September direct Nintendo does, maybe then it will be shantaes chance. However given that Mii costume theory going around, I’m thinking that Capcom and Namco are in line possibly for a dlc fighter. I would kill for monster hunter and Lloyd Irving or nightmare from soul calibur. Anybody here still think shantae is in this fighters pass or should we hope for more fighters to join in future passes and for her to have her chance?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
With all the speculations that’s going around, I’ve been predicting we will have our square and Microsoft rep revealed at E3 and then in the September direct Nintendo does, maybe then it will be shantaes chance. However given that Mii costume theory going around, I’m thinking that Capcom and Namco are in line possibly for a dlc fighter. I would kill for monster hunter and Lloyd Irving or nightmare from soul calibur. Anybody here still think shantae is in this fighters pass or should we hope for more fighters to join in future passes and for her to have her chance?
There is really no way of knowing. The Mii costumes idea I don't think completely holds water. I think the Tails and Knuckles ones were released alongside the Persona ones more out of convenience than anything. They can still release all the other missing ones if they choose too without that particular company getting a new character. If the costumes were bundles with Joker it would be one thing, but since they are sold separately, then anything is possible.

I mean, at this point a Microsoft rep is almost a sure thing, and they don't have any Mii costumes that had been dropped. So I would say the reaming four spots could be from already represented companies or not, Mii costumes don't really matter in that regard.

That said, Shantae still has as much chance as any character out there. It's just a matter of waiting.

Top Bottom