• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Real or mean joke?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
They've done this before, don't worry. It's just an April Fool's Joke.

Or is it...?
Its the setup to an April Fools joke. It works fairly well since its the day before, some several hours BEFORE April 1st.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Its the setup to an April Fools joke. It works fairly well since its the day before, some several hours BEFORE April 1st.
Problem is that this one can be seen from miles away, since the third silhouette is clearly SackBoy. It's like explaining a joke to someone; ergo, not funny.

If it's just (likely) a joke, they should have just done a fake trailer for Cat Girl Without Salad 2 instead.

It's an early April Fools joke.

WayForward have done this before:

And doing it the second time is less funny.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Doing an april fool's joke on the 31st? WF is ahead of the game.

The fact that they worded it similar to joker's trailer makes it out to be smash, but then there's sackboy in there.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Problem is that this one can be seen from miles away, since the third silhouette is clearly SackBoy. It's like explaining a joke to someone.

If it's just a joke, they should have just done a fake trailer for Cat Girl Without Salad 2 instead.
What are you talking about Sackboy isnt that significant compared to the others. Its a silhouette trick where its other characters posed in a way to resemble Pikachu, Pac-Man, Piranha Plant and Sackboy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What are you talking about Sackboy isnt that significant compared to the others. Its a silhouette trick where its other characters posed in a way to resemble Pikachu, Pac-Man, Piranha Plant and Sackboy.
I mean, if it was meant to be a convincing fake Smash announcement, Sackboy wouldn't be in it, since the rest are confirmed characters.

Also, these sihouettes seem awfully cramped to fit in one-time characters in there this time.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Doing an april fool's joke on the 31st? WF is ahead of the game.

The fact that they worded it similar to joker's trailer makes it out to be smash, but then there's sackboy in there.

Yeah they have done that. I am curious what to these silhouettes will turn into

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wow there were some cool designs for the last one:

Isn't it interesting that she did end up in blaster master tho?

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
I would chat up something about Shantae, but I have to be getting back to playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my Nintendo 3DS.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm back after 2 weeks. I heard about the Shantae 5 announcement and I am very excited to hear it's coming out this year. :colorful:

Also, I've been replaying Pirate's Curse on my Switch recently and I've just beaten Squid Baron and about to go to Mud Bog Island which, was really annoying in my last playthrough of the game. I won't be looking forward to revisiting that level once again.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
My body is Reggie for April Fools. Nintendo's strangely devoid of jokes beyond Splatoon Island so far, though.

Also, this here is no joke:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ointing_pax_build_will_be_improved_for_launch

It sounds like WF has an uphill battle ahead of them.
Having to finish a 2.5D game isn't easy to complete since that is more challenging compared to sprite and custom used artwork games. Hopefully its better once its done, always have the benefit of doubt regarding current demo.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I'm back after 2 weeks. I heard about the Shantae 5 announcement and I am very excited to hear it's coming out this year. :colorful:

Also, I've been replaying Pirate's Curse on my Switch recently and I've just beaten Squid Baron and about to go to Mud Bog Island which, was really annoying in my last playthrough of the game. I won't be looking forward to revisiting that level once again.
People talking about Pirate's Curse on Switch, when my damn collector's edition from Limited Run still isnt here.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
People talking about Pirate's Curse on Switch, when my damn collector's edition from Limited Run still isnt here.
I got mine a week ago so hopefully you'll get your's soon. I think they order the game in batches.

Did you get just the game or the game and all the extra stuff?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I got mine a week ago so hopefully you'll get your's soon. I think they order the game in batches.

Did you get just the game or the game and all the extra stuff?
I said collector's editon.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Having to finish a 2.5D game isn't easy to complete since that is more challenging compared to sprite and custom used artwork games. Hopefully its better once its done, always have the benefit of doubt regarding current demo.
Especially one that they had to adopt because the guys before them couldn't finish it. It's like being assigned as someone's lab partner in the middle of a half-finished science project, after the other person that was supposed to be their partner decided to play hooky. You barely have time to be informed about what you got into and gotta wing it as best as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom