• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
30 minutes is a good amount of time for a Nindies Showcase. How long have the previous Nindies Showcases been?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I do like them but some aren’t that exciting for me
well, just focus on the ones you like :)

I dont keep up with the news on them so to me i kinda like seeing what's brewing on that side. not to say im not looking for more news besides indies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Dang, beaten to it, but I'll post an article link anyway: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...officially_announced_for_wednesday_20th_march

In b4 nothing is revealed.
With Nindies directs, actually nothing would be better. As in, no Direct.

I'm just hoping for a Shantae game announcement. If not, it's further proof that WF's hands are tied right now.

At least show indie games that are somewhat interesting, last time I watched a Nindies it didn't appeal to me that much.

Edit: I've been reminded that Nindies usually precedes Nintendo Directs by a few weeks, so at least that's one good thing out of this.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
so everyone is already talking about the Nindies huh? I'm not getting any hopes of of a smash reveal of Shantae, but it would be pretty awesome.

If anything, I hope we hear about a new game from way forward, and maybe more info on other games like Freedom Planet 2

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
so everyone is already talking about the Nindies huh? I'm not getting any hopes of of a smash reveal of Shantae, but it would be pretty awesome.

If anything, I hope we hear about a new game from way forward, and maybe more info on other games like Freedom Planet 2
Just a new Shantae game would be enough. The best thing to hope for is a Smash Direct in the next couple weeks.

After the stunt they pulled with Into The Breach, I'm not expecting Smash reveals at all in this.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Just a new Shantae game would be enough. The best thing to hope for is a Smash Direct in the next couple weeks.

After the stunt they pulled with Into The Breach, I'm not expecting Smash reveals at all in this.
Direct is ending, then, One more thing... and its a Dab Simulator game

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Direct is ending, then, One more thing... and its a Dab Simulator game
Nindie direct goes by without any Shantae at all...ONE MORE THING.

Then we get new Shantae game announcement.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I don't expect anything Smash and I don't think there'll be anything Shantae, unless she's getting into more crossovers. I also don't think there'll be anything Shovel Knight because King Knight is a lazy so and so.

One thing it could be is showing off Lab Zero's Indivisible. Though I do have some small hope for Skullgirls 2, I don't think they'll start on that until Indivisible is done.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well I don't expect anything Smash and I don't think there'll be anything Shantae, unless she's getting into more crossovers. I also don't think there'll be anything Shovel Knight because King Knight is a lazy so and so.

One thing it could be is showing off Lab Zero's Indivisible. Though I do have some small hope for Skullgirls 2, I don't think they'll start on that until Indivisible is done.
Indivisible and skullgirls 2 would be amazing to see

Dukefire

Smash Master
or it could be Yacht Club showing off their new prototype of the new IP they are working on after King of Cards is done.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

I said it before, but I do not expect a Shantae game in a Nindie direct unless it's a smaller spin-off or cameo, even if it is in the works. The serial escalation is making it too big, and I'd imagine Nintendo covering it in a normal direct instead.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I said it before, but I do not expect a Shantae game in a Nindie direct unless it's a smaller spin-off or cameo, even if it is in the works. The serial escalation is making it too big, and I'd imagine Nintendo covering it in a normal direct instead.
blame nintendo themselves making the "and One More Thing" saying building so much hype for every direct since march's impact in 2018.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I was thinking earlier that Shantae's scope is making it more than "just another indie game" at this point.

I just don't want the Nindies to be offensively dull this time, I'm not asking for the moon here.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Realistic hopes for the Direct: More news on A Hat in Time for Switch and confirmation that "Untilted Goose Game" is the title for the game

Unrealistic hopes: Announcement of a 5th Shantae game exclusive to Switch

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't remember Shantae being bought by a bigger company at any point. At the end of the day, she's still a regular Indie. A high profile/recognizable one for sure, but still an Indie. It makes sense she appears in the Nindies direct just as normal. Not that she can't appear in a regular direct too. Deltarune did, after all. It could go either way. But let's not overstate what she is or overexpect stuff. It's never a good idea to expect way more than you should.

It would be neat to see more shown, though. A new game, etc.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, I was thinking earlier that Shantae's scope is making it more than "just another indie game" at this point.

I just don't want the Nindies to be offensively dull this time, I'm not asking for the moon here.
Oh, I usually manage to find something enjoyable in them. Even if it takes a few months afterwards to see it.

Based LaxChris
Also Shantae a CUTE
I will LOL if this is real and Bravely Default winds up getting more content than Final Fantasy.

I don't remember Shantae being bought by a bigger company at any point. At the end of the day, she's still a regular Indie. A high profile/recognizable one for sure, but still an Indie. It makes sense she appears in the Nindies direct just as normal. Not that she can't appear in a regular direct too. Deltarune did, after all. It could go either way. But let's not overstate what she is or overexpect stuff. It's never a good idea to expect way more than you should.

It would be neat to see more shown, though. A new game, etc.
As did Undertale, and Half-Genie Hero Ultimate. Not saying Nintendo has any rights to her or anything, but they certainly seem to agree that she's more than another indie and treat her appropriately. Of course, no matter what, if the next Shantae game is multiplat then it'll be up to Wayforward to do the heavy lifting in marketing, but Nintendo can still try and sweeten the pot for their own customers with exclusive content like they did with Starlink.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I don't know what to think of that leak in particular, I don't know enough about datamining to know if there are any glaring issues. Tho I imagine if it is real other dataminers will be confirming unless the ninjas already got the names taken down.

Anyway, if it is fake, good show for the person putting some effort into mocking up a video of it rather than just going onto a message board and telling a story.

And if it somehow turns out real... I would be very happy with it. It might be enough to get me to buy the fighters pass even tho she's would be the only one of the three I have a personal attachment to.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question dies that leak actually have Shantae or is laxchris just sticking her image on front as always?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Question dies that leak actually have Shantae or is laxchris just sticking her image on front as always?
So, the alleged leak shows someone looking at the Fighter pass DLC page for Smash Ultimate on the eshop, except for the first three items they list "Persona" "Bravely Default" and "Shantae"

So, real or fake, for once LaxChris is talking about a leak that is about Shantae and not just putting her on the thumbnail for clicks.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well not a single other person other then Laxchris has talked about that leak, so that confirms its fake

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Well not a single other person other then Laxchris has talked about that leak, so that confirms its fake
Also, it looks like Thunder Productions has not struck yet. Once he does, a lot of people in the comments are going to get Keyboard Warrior'd by him, as usual.

Better get those Divine Shields up.

Top Bottom