• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Speaking of freeing up, I guess working on Bayo 3 hasn't stopped Platinum from working on another new IP...

Love it or hate it, ''waifu simulator'' Fire Emblem games sell more. Although it doesn't really look like you'll be playing matchmaker here like in Awakening or Fates since the main character looks like a true avatar unlike Robin and Corrin who just have customizable appearances but set personalities. He/she might even be a silent protagonist. At any rate, you don't have nearly as much omniscience between battles when it comes to relationships, and no matter what the fact that you're a teacher seems kind of inconvenient for fostering one for yourself, unlike man of the hour Joker whose position isn't in any way official.

As for Link's Awakening, I just find it funny that the Mario references and whatnot likely won't even be remotely subtle anymore. In the original you could kind of pass off the Goombas as just being some lookalikes, but now they're pretty much 1:1 with their modern appearance and completely unmistakable as actual Goombas.
I mean, Link's Awakening was hinted to take place in Subcon which puts it in the Mario Universe. It will be interesting to see what they do with the Kirby and Peach cameos...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, Link's Awakening was hinted to take place in Subcon which puts it in the Mario Universe. It will be interesting to see what they do with the Kirby and Peach cameos...
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing whether they'll keep Wart in there. Although somewhat concerned over whether they'd swap him out for Spike, or something.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing whether they'll keep Wart in there. Although somewhat concerned over whether they'd swap him out for Spike, or something.
Idk, they seem to be keeping things pretty accurate so far. Plus, I don't think Spike is a frog.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I know, but they could replace him with someone that vaguely looks like him. Unless it's not worth all the trouble doing.

The :ultkirby: battles will certainlybe funnier, though.
Well, Wart's role in LA was teaching you a song and frogs are often portrayed as musically inclined in Japanese media, so they couldn't really replace him with a turtle like Spike. They could make him look less like Wart and just a generic frog, but I hope they don't. I like the idea that at least three Nintendo Universes are connected by their dreams.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, Wart's role in LA was teaching you a song and frogs are often portrayed as musically inclined in Japanese media, so they couldn't really replace him with a turtle like Spike. They could make him look less like Wart and just a generic frog, but I hope they don't. I like the idea that at least three Nintendo Universes are connected by their dreams.
Yeah, getting rid of Wart would hamper that nice touch the game had when it came to dreams.

D

Deleted member

Just to let you all know

I made those shantae miis

That’s my twitter account

Dukefire

Smash Master
At least for breathing room, we have a little more time before the next DLC character arrives. That's a small plus for the time being.

Also, the gameplay footage of Bloodstain in case you missed it or wanting to see it again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey off topic i don’t think most of you heard this but

VERGEBEN IS DEAD!

4D06A93F-9C95-465E-9481-BBC2B85A6F3F.png

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Funnily enough, a friend of mine thought that the hand drawn cutscene for Link's Awakening trailer was a lead-in for a Shantae Smash reveal trailer before it was revealed to be a remake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

WHat did he say that was wrong? We still don't know who the next DLC fighter is so if he said anything nothing was disproven I belive
He said Star fox Grand Prix and pikmin 3 would be shown in this direct annnnnnd.....2d zelda has nothing to do with links awakening
I wont say dead. Just his "leaks" are proven false. He's just going to chalk it up as his sources fault and that he knew deep down je knew they where wrong.
I’m done with him whatever he says is dumb

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
He said Star fox Grand Prix and pikmin 3 would be shown in this direct annnnnnd.....2d zelda has nothing to do with links awakening

I’m done with him whatever he says is dumb
I dunno why people give text only leakers like Verge any attention at all. I don't care how correct they seem or any track record, Its impossible to know if they are legit or just a lucky/educated guess. Text "leaks are the easiest leaks to fake.

At least "Leaks" like the grinch leak has something we can look at and attempt to validate its authenticity. and it they are fake they at least put some effort in it

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I dunno why people give text only leakers like Verge any attention at all. I don't care how correct they seem or any track record, Its impossible to know if they are legit or just a lucky/educated guess. Text "leaks are the easiest leaks to fake.

At least "Leaks" like the grinch leak has something we can look at and attempt to validate its authenticity. and it they are fake they at least put some effort in it
That, and genuine leakers are either career-suicidal or so egregiously idiotic (as in, the clinical definition of idiocy, meaning an IQ below 50) that they shouldn't be allowed to make decisions for themselves... Seriously, anybody with even the tiniest sliver of common sense, self-preservation, and priority-making skills would realize that 15 minutes of fame on the Internet is not worth the complete and utter destruction of one's career and possibly getting sued on top of that.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well Verge did have correct information before. All we know now is his sources are either fired, or left him. He was a correct leaker before, just not anymore.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I got good news and bad news.

feelsbadman.png
Bad news: Characters in the fighter's pass likely won't be receiving guidances after all.

Potentially good news: This lends credence to the theory of Plant being planned and developed before DLC was decided, which would be a valid reason to not put his spirit in the base game and a knock against them deconfirming.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well Verge did have correct information before. All we know now is his sources are either fired, or left him. He was a correct leaker before, just not anymore.
Truth is.....

He was never always right from the start
There was a problem fetching the tweet

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let's not forget that his sources for fighting games only get things right for the base. DLC? Doesn't cut it anymore. Dragon Ball Fighter Z is a textbook case of this very thing happening.

Although I do find it funny that Nintendo Life considers him a Gamefaqs user, when the guy barely even stands that place at all.

Funnily enough, a friend of mine thought that the hand drawn cutscene for Link's Awakening trailer was a lead-in for a Shantae Smash reveal trailer before it was revealed to be a remake.
Personally, I thought it would be for Erdrick. It's official, the next time it's rumoured there's a character coming via a text leak that would annoy most people (but not me in some cases, since I'd accept said characters), I'll just stare them down like this. :glare:

It's one thing to be fooled once or twice by unreliable leakers, but at some point it just makes everyone involved look like world-class buffoons.

I got good news and bad news.

Bad news: Characters in the fighter's pass likely won't be receiving guidances after all.

Potentially good news: This lends credence to the theory of Plant being planned and developed before DLC was decided, which would be a valid reason to not put his spirit in the base game and a knock against them deconfirming.
>no other DLC PGs

Well that's dandy, another round of "Who is THAT?". Only with Viridi having a voice that's worse than before.

Ah well, at least this won't slow down character DLC development...

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I guess verge will always have this looming on him now. Lots of people wanted reasons to attack his credibility.

Personally, even if it went down, he proved himself pretty good with info around the time of the grinch leak, so I give him more credit than other leakers still.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I guess verge will always have this looming on him now.
Well, that plus his past failures that made him infamous in the first place, and current failures in stuff like Soul Caliber 6, DBZF, MvC4, and the list goes on.

That and him being a despicable jerk who uses autism as a insult among other problems.
he proved himself pretty good with info around the time of the grinch leak
He kinda told us what most insiders already knew and said themselves.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, that plus his past failures that made and current failures in stuff like Soul Caliber 6, DBZF, MvC4, and the list goes on.

That and him being a despicable jerk who uses autism as a insult among other problems.

There were many insiders going with stuff from the grinch leak. He stood by what he thought was good info, and got the last stuff in the base roster right.
I didn't trust him before that, and then I changed my mind. I dont trust any leaker, and I knew they'd make mistakes, No one should believe them outright.

I didn't know he talked about autism. I know he's a jerk tho :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, that plus his past failures that made him infamous in the first place, and current failures in stuff like Soul Caliber 6, DBZF, MvC4, and the list goes on.

And letting a suck-up fraud like Hitagi hang around him.

For every friendly transparent insider like Polar/Fatman, you get a dozen that are jerks, inaccurate, or combination of both.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
And letting a suck-up fraud like Hitagi hang around him.

For every friendly transparent insider like Polar/Fatman, you get a dozen that are jerks, inaccurate, or combination of both.
I don't consider any of them to be transparent or friendly.
Verge got more info right than anyone. and got stuff wrong, but he's claimed a lot more. He's also smug and an asshole.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
We still have no idea who made the grinch leak huh? I want to see the full hirez version of that.

And yeah Verge seems to have sources that only knows base roster fight9ng game stuff, little of anything else.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Do you guys remember in the Smash Ballot you could choose your gender, do you think that could have increase Shantae's chances as a DLC fighter in Ultimate? Because why else would they have had that option in the Ballot unless they would targeting certain demographics.

Announcer: Your winner! And the NEW SUPREME CHAMPION... SHANTAE!!!

I guess verge will always have this looming on him now. Lots of people wanted reasons to attack his credibility.

Personally, even if it went down, he proved himself pretty good with info around the time of the grinch leak, so I give him more credit than other leakers still.
I think Verge is out of this game. But I won't lie though, he did throw a good fight before going down. He pretty much got everything about the base roster and base game correct minus the Minecraft content and the Square-Enix rep.

What! He said that?! **********! What a piece of *******! Screw Verge. I'm Autistic and I hate people like him, they ***** me off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can we all take a moment that a classic game boy gem is getting remade and we’re getting a new version of this beauty?[fan remix but heartwarming]
And you know what I’m gonna make shantae fan art of this

The legend of shantae
Shantaes awakening

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Found an old post again. Honestly not sure if this still holds true since no one trusts insiders anymore, but...

Well, I blanked out his name. He seems to be offline and I can't get ahold of him, but he's told me numerous time he doesn't mind me sharing his info, so long as I don't give his name out. This is what my source sent me today (also, don't judge Discord light theme :( also, I was the Sabi person he was tagging, haha)
View attachment 180462
Wave 1 does at least need support, depending on who is coming for that.

Otherwise, we only got bread crumbs of possible evidence left. Honeycomb-shaped bread crumbs, guh-huh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom