• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I wouldn't bet on Pokemon. Not unless it's a Pokemon centered Direct. As for LoZ, don't expect anything concrete on a new entry for at least another year. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had Grezzo upgrading OoT/MM3D to HD for a "Hero of Time HD Collection" for the Switch. Maybe WW and TP HD ported over.
Well a person "leaked" the schedule for the alleged Direct and it said part of it was an announcement of a Pokemon Direct coming next week. Don't know if that leak is legit, but I could see them putting a teaser and possibly a name of what the Gen 8 games would be with a "more info coming on Pokemon Day"

As for Grezzo releasing an HD version for the Switch, I would be so down, but I hope they would undo a few of the changes they made to Majora's Mask. I mean I can live with the Stone Mask now being in the Pirate fortress and some of the other minor stuff, but the Zora swimming was ruined and the Eyeballs on all the Bosses totally ruined the flow of those boss battles (I don't mind the phase two they gave to the Gyorg battle and the shake up to Twin Mold actually made it more interesting, but the eyeballs meant you had to keep changing forms to use your bow and it just made the battles worse because of it.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I like Will Smith and I like Shantae, but nobody can't ever replace Robin Willams.
Ain't that the truth. I've been a fan of Robin's for almost as long as I can remember (even when I was little I watched reruns of Mork and Mindy and he also played the Frog Prince in an old show I loved that did live action retellings of fairy tales)

As I got older i got into his Stand-up and man, what an amazing talent. Even now it's sometimes hard to listen to his old material. His is one death that i doubt i will ever "fully" get over.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Also...
Did they just announced this or was this announced a couple of hours ago? Either way, finally. Hopefully we will see some Joker gameplay footage, but I don't think we are going to see Brave or the next DLC character tomorrow though. I'm pretty sure the next Season Pass fighter will be revealed at E3.

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I'd liked for LM3 to revert back to having Portrait Ghosts instead of the goofy cartoony ghosts from LM2, but hopefully they'll show something surprising. Other than that, I'm honestly only interested in Gen 8 to be announced and seeing how Joker plays.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Last direct was November, 3 months later on Feb.

Lets see what nintendo has in store for the presentation. I know that there will be something smash related in there since Nintendo always want to end things with a bang.

Next direct month prediction: Either may or June for the summer

Edit: FE Three Houses Will be part of the Main Piece for the presentation tomorrow. Not to jinx it, but I have a feeling that Brave might be pointing towards a FE representative. Either that or someone else. Who knows, but I will keep expectations low when it comes to Smash Ultimate's Fighter Pass DLC.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hope we all enjoy something out of finally getting some info :)
hopefully a reveal too.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Also...
Hm. Whether or not the whole "Brave = Erdrick" conundrum is debunked, I'm still excited for Joker's trailer either way.

As for my day, I'm busy reflecting on vegan cuisine for an upcoming restaurant video in my general humanities. How are y'all doing this fine afternoon?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Hm. Whether or not the whole "Brave = Erdrick" conundrum is debunked, I'm still excited for Joker's trailer either way.

As for my day, I'm busy reflecting on vegan cuisine for an upcoming restaurant video in my general humanities. How are y'all doing this fine afternoon?
I think it might point more towards a FE Three Houses Rep since that game takes a chunk of the direct. I could be wrong, but who knows until tomorrow

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fire Emblem may not take a chunk of the Direct.

They said the same line with Mario Tennis Aces during the March Direct last year, and it only had 3-4 minutes while Splatoon had 5-6 or so.

It's really just something to cause interest.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Fire Emblem may not take a chunk of the Direct.

They said the same line with Mario Tennis Aces during the March Direct last year, and it only had 3-4 minutes while Splatoon had 5-6 or so.

It's really just something to cause interest.
We can only guess for what Nintendo might show for tomorrow, but I just have a gut feeling regarding on what I said about FE Three Houses

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just make sure that the Smash Effect doesn't cover you entirely. Anchor yourself with a backup line in case.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
So, all the data for SNES games have just been removed from the NES online app. I'd say there is no chance we aren't getting an official reveal tomorrow.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
I really wanna see more Animal Crossing and Pokemon, but that's pretty obvious. I think a while back I heard murmurs of a Link's Awakening remake. I don't know how much they stand up, but that would be neato. I wouldn't mind a Mario Maker 2 as well, but I don't know how much I want it nowadays. Kinda 50/50 on buying that. I don't have Online yet, but maybe they'll finally make me with a big SNES library. Only time will tell.
I can't believe the one random rumor I heard like way back about Link's Awakening came true. Kinda called it, I guess?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Most of the games in the direct were summer releases, including Bloodstained. Wonder if Wayforward will have anything to say come E3...

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Interesting Direct, not really sure how I feel about everything in it. I won't judge it completely yet, but it's odd that Fire Emblem is doubling down on the "waifu simulator" reputation they get by now becoming essentially a high school simulator as well.

Really torn about the Link's Awakening remake. On one hand I love that game to know end (was actually my first zelda game ever back on the GBC) but right now that art style is gonna have to grow on me (Odd they didn't just use the Link Between World assets/style)

Also, unless i'm wrong, This is the first time they've used the phrase "Challenger Pack 1" for Smash. They said Joker was part of Challenger Pack 1, so is this the new branding for the fighter pass or are they counting each individual character as part of their own "Challenger Pack" and Joker's is the first?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If there are plans for more DLC, we'll see once the fifth character is out (and whether enough people asked for said additional DLC).

And I still don't see how Teacher seems much different than other FE protags. I do expect some good Pink Floyd jokes to come to them tho.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, at least WF will be freed up by then. Bloodstained has never been this close to coming out!
Speaking of freeing up, I guess working on Bayo 3 hasn't stopped Platinum from working on another new IP...

Interesting Direct, not really sure how I feel about everything in it. I won't judge it completely yet, but it's odd that Fire Emblem is doubling down on the "waifu simulator" reputation they get by now becoming essentially a high school simulator as well.

Really torn about the Link's Awakening remake. On one hand I love that game to know end (was actually my first zelda game ever back on the GBC) but right now that art style is gonna have to grow on me (Odd they didn't just use the Link Between World assets/style)

Also, unless i'm wrong, This is the first time they've used the phrase "Challenger Pack 1" for Smash. They said Joker was part of Challenger Pack 1, so is this the new branding for the fighter pass or are they counting each individual character as part of their own "Challenger Pack" and Joker's is the first?
Love it or hate it, ''waifu simulator'' Fire Emblem games sell more. Although it doesn't really look like you'll be playing matchmaker here like in Awakening or Fates since the main character looks like a true avatar unlike Robin and Corrin who just have customizable appearances but set personalities. He/she might even be a silent protagonist. At any rate, you don't have nearly as much omniscience between battles when it comes to relationships, and no matter what the fact that you're a teacher seems kind of inconvenient for fostering one for yourself, unlike man of the hour Joker whose position isn't in any way official.

As for Link's Awakening, I just find it funny that the Mario references and whatnot likely won't even be remotely subtle anymore. In the original you could kind of pass off the Goombas as just being some lookalikes, but now they're pretty much 1:1 with their modern appearance and completely unmistakable as actual Goombas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom