• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
(deep breath)... I'm okay, just needed to get that off of my chest.

So... are there any new video games you're enjoying? (outside of Smash Ultimate, of course) ;)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Uhh... I know you're all probably sick of talking about this by now, but this is the first I'm hearing of something like this... May someone please explain what's going on exactly?
All I did was say this:

The only way she won't stand a chance is if her series gets cancelled and WF goes under. Live on the hill and die on the hill!
And somehow that got misinterpreted into meaning that Shantae is on the verge of being cancelled...:glare::facepalm:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Unless Nintendo buy it.
that is if Capcom doesn't buy it back first.
Either company buying Shantae would be great for her franchise and would greatly increase her popularity. :)

Threads in general are going off-topic right now anyways.
Probably because there isn't anything to talk about besides the datamines from the patches and what info PolarPanda gives us.

So... are there any new video games you're enjoying? (outside of Smash Ultimate, of course) ;)
Not really a new game per say, but I just finished Spyro the Dragon on the Spyro trilogy remastered a couple of weeks ago. It was the first time I ever played Spyro and I love it. Plan to play the other two games when I have the time.

Oh, sorry! I was only skimming through the posts, I should've really paid more attention, I guess...
I haven't seen you in awhile, nice to have you back. :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Either company buying Shantae would be great for her franchise and would greatly increase her popularity. :)
I think that as long as Capcom are hands-off in regards to the actual production, it would turn out fine. I'm just weary, due to how they took Inafune's suggestions of relying on Western devs the wrong way for a while, and their general lack of doing much with anything of theirs that isn't SF, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter and, to a small extent, Mega Man.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think that as long as Capcom are hands-off in regards to the actual production, it would turn out fine. I'm just weary, due to how they took Inafune's suggestions of relying on Western devs the wrong way for a while, and their general lack of doing much with anything of theirs that isn't SF, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter and, to a small extent, Mega Man.
Capcom has been getting better recently. It's good to see, especially after how long they were seen as one of the "evil" video game companies.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Wow, guess I missed some stuff in here.

for anyone wondering what I was doing during all of that... Watching and rewatching this... I can't stop...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Some art I found on twitter.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Capcom has been getting better recently. It's good to see, especially after how long they were seen as one of the "evil" video game companies.
I think with Ultimate, we all found out Square-Enix is the real evil company. They are probably even worser and greeder than Konami.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think with Ultimate, we all found out Square-Enix is the real evil company. They are probably even worser and greeder than Konami.
Me:

I am sorry, but Square is nothing compared to Konami when it comes to being evil. And to see exactly why, watch this.

Edit: Fixed an error in companies I was talking about. Have no idea why I put Capcom instead of Square. Had them on the mind I guess.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I don't know about that, Square may be stingy with their IP's, but after all the stuff that went down with Kojima, it's gonna be hard to pry the evil crown away from Konami, even if they we much more generous where Ultimate was concerned.

But I may just be biased as they have the right to Adventure Island and they aren't doing ANYTHING with it... Master Higgins for Smash 6...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But I may just be biased as they have the right to Adventure Island and they aren't doing ANYTHING with it... Master Higgins for Smash 6...
I know, right? To this day I have no clue why he didn't get a Bomber form in Super Bomberman R, despite the fact that he and Bonk showed up in a Bomberman game once. Yet Princess Tomato somehow did.

At least he has a support thread on this board...

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

I'm playing through Iconoclasts. The cast of that game reminds me of Shantae's somewhat and it's also a Metroidvania.

The game is surprisingly effective at accomplishing a lot with little, in the regards of graphics, gameplay and storage space.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm playing through Iconoclasts. The cast of that game reminds me of Shantae's somewhat and it's also a Metroidvania.

The game is surprisingly effective at accomplishing a lot with little, in the regards of graphics, gameplay and storage space.
Good thing you picked that one, its creator Joachim is criminally underrated, despite being one of the first indie game creators.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Good thing you picked that one, its creator Joachim is criminally underrated, despite being one of the first indie game creators.
I noticed it mainly due it's similar art style to another indie I played on the Wii U, Noitu Love 2. Both games developed by Konjac Entertainment. They sure do love their spontaneous fireballs...

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I know, right? To this day I have no clue why he didn't get a Bomber form in Super Bomberman R, despite the fact that he and Bonk showed up in a Bomberman game once. Yet Princess Tomato somehow did.

At least he has a support thread on this board...
I mean, the dude was created for Nintendo. Hudson wanted to put the Wonder Boy games on the NES, but legally couldn't so they made the Adventure Island series which was for the most part the same game with different graphics (the first one that is)

I mean if that doesn't deserve a nod in the game that is the history of all things Nintendo, i don't know what is. Also it could give us a cameo from Princess Lalani which would not be a bad thing at all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, the dude was created for Nintendo. Hudson wanted to put the Wonder Boy games on the NES, but legally couldn't so they made the Adventure Island series which was for the most part the same game with different graphics (the first one that is)

I mean if that doesn't deserve a nod in the game that is the history of all things Nintendo, i don't know what is. Also it could give us a cameo from Princess Lalani which would not be a bad thing at all.
Hell, Wonder Boy/Monster World is a thing again nowadays, so it's only fair. Feels bleeding weird when even the original Wonder Boy got a modern direct sequel, yet that doesn't prompt any action from Konami.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
So, with an Direct on the 13th seeming rather likely, what kinds of info do you folks expect we will see and what do you hope we will see?

For me I expect to learn that Animal Crossing will probably be releasing late spring to mid summer, Luigi's Mansion 3 probably around September, SNES games coming to the online service and maybe word on Pokemon (I say maybe because often Pokemon likes to do their own announcements and i could see them waiting for Pokemon Day for that. Maybe a tease during the Direct and full reveal on Pokemon Day)

As for wants... Rumors mention Maker2 a lot, assuming it is a Mario Maker Sequel. Others also mention the possibility of a 2d Zelda. Well I would love the two rumors to be about the same game and you get a Zelda maker where you make your own dungeons (maybe full worlds if the game allows) and you can switch between graphics of OG Zelda, LttP and LBW)

Also, if they add SNES support to the online service, i would be thrilled if they somehow managed to get some of the better licensed games from that age on there. I know it's a pipe dream, but if they could somehow get Turtles in Time on there and made the multiplayer work online... I couldn't throw my $20 fast enough to finally sing up for the online service.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
So, with an Direct on the 13th seeming rather likely, what kinds of info do you folks expect we will see and what do you hope we will see?

For me I expect to learn that Animal Crossing will probably be releasing late spring to mid summer, Luigi's Mansion 3 probably around September, SNES games coming to the online service and maybe word on Pokemon (I say maybe because often Pokemon likes to do their own announcements and i could see them waiting for Pokemon Day for that. Maybe a tease during the Direct and full reveal on Pokemon Day)

As for wants... Rumors mention Maker2 a lot, assuming it is a Mario Maker Sequel. Others also mention the possibility of a 2d Zelda. Well I would love the two rumors to be about the same game and you get a Zelda maker where you make your own dungeons (maybe full worlds if the game allows) and you can switch between graphics of OG Zelda, LttP and LBW)

Also, if they add SNES support to the online service, i would be thrilled if they somehow managed to get some of the better licensed games from that age on there. I know it's a pipe dream, but if they could somehow get Turtles in Time on there and made the multiplayer work online... I couldn't throw my $20 fast enough to finally sing up for the online service.
I really wanna see more Animal Crossing and Pokemon, but that's pretty obvious. I think a while back I heard murmurs of a Link's Awakening remake. I don't know how much they stand up, but that would be neato. I wouldn't mind a Mario Maker 2 as well, but I don't know how much I want it nowadays. Kinda 50/50 on buying that. I don't have Online yet, but maybe they'll finally make me with a big SNES library. Only time will tell.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I really wanna see more Animal Crossing and Pokemon, but that's pretty obvious. I think a while back I heard murmurs of a Link's Awakening remake. I don't know how much they stand up, but that would be neato. I wouldn't mind a Mario Maker 2 as well, but I don't know how much I want it nowadays. Kinda 50/50 on buying that. I don't have Online yet, but maybe they'll finally make me with a big SNES library. Only time will tell.
Maybe I'm not creative enough, but I don't really know what else they could do to make a true Mario Maker sequel. I mean, there are some Mario elements missing, but it feels like adding all of them would still make it more of an enhanced port. That's why I think a Zelda Maker would be better. Maybe Mario Maker Port for summer and Zelda Maker for holidays.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Should Zell's info come to pass, I expect to see the 2D Zelda reveal, a collection for Boxboy and a formal Pikmin 3 Switch port. Also, Smash stuff.

It's known by now, but I really really hope they'll announce a Super Mario 3D World port. Not to mention that Gamestop briefly put up a listing for the Spyro trilogy, so maybe that'll get a formal reveal.

Do we know who has the license for Turtles games nowadays? Ubi once did, and they have a nasty habit of taking down licensed games after a while (RIP Scott Pilgrim).

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
not wanting to pitch in much since the date might be false, but I do expect to show some gameplay footage of the next pokemon game, another mario and/or LoZ game plan. At the final piece of the video (and a lot can agree on), show the next fighter for the fighter pass DLC.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
not wanting to pitch in much since the date might be false, but I do expect to show some gameplay footage of the next pokemon game, another mario and/or LoZ game plan. At the final piece of the video (and a lot can agree on), show the next fighter for the fighter pass DLC.
I mean, yeah, revealing the next character for the Fighter Pass would be cool, but I would also like to see gameplay of Joker, or if they still aren't at that stage yet, just an update on his progress would be nice...

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Should Zell's info come to pass, I expect to see the 2D Zelda reveal, a collection for Boxboy and a formal Pikmin 3 Switch port. Also, Smash stuff.

It's known by now, but I really really hope they'll announce a Super Mario 3D World port. Not to mention that Gamestop briefly put up a listing for the Spyro trilogy, so maybe that'll get a formal reveal.

Do we know who has the license for Turtles games nowadays? Ubi once did, and they have a nasty habit of taking down licensed games after a while (RIP Scott Pilgrim).
Last I heard it was Activision that had it, but they might have lost it by now. I haven't paid much attention to the Turtle games since the games based on the 2003 series came out on the gamecube.

Tho I do feel i need to give the second 3DS game a chance since it was made by Wayforward.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last I heard it was Activision that had it, but they might have lost it by now. I haven't paid much attention to the Turtle games since the games based on the 2003 series came out on the gamecube.

Tho I do feel i need to give the second 3DS game a chance since it was made by Wayforward.
Not sure how that one fared, but at least it's a Metroidvania.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
hey there what's up ?

For the upcoming direct I wish to see some Fire Emblem Three Houses as well as a new F-Zero and some images of Mortal Kombat 11 working smooth and gorgeous on switch ^_^

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I won't be holding my breath until I see Nintendo announce the Direct themselves because we have heard it coming for like a month now.
Well, they did announce that the Eshop will be undergoing maintenance late on the 12th, which lines up pretty nicely for some "available for download after this announcement" on the 13th where all the Direct rumors are pointing. I'd say it's almost a sure thing that we will be getting news on Wednesday at this point.

That said...
51710746_785030958501470_3194884514883043328_n.jpg

A certain US retailer has been putting these guys and the Ice Climber amiibo on their shelves even tho they aren't supposed to release until Friday. The place I found this guy at sold it to me since they had it out and kind of had to, but I gave my word not to say which store. So I would just say if you are interested in possibly beating others to them, just check you nearby places and you might get lucky.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I wouldn't bet on Pokemon. Not unless it's a Pokemon centered Direct. As for LoZ, don't expect anything concrete on a new entry for at least another year. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had Grezzo upgrading OoT/MM3D to HD for a "Hero of Time HD Collection" for the Switch. Maybe WW and TP HD ported over.

Top Bottom