• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
for those that listened to the rumor of a direct from Nintendo today, well it wasn't what people was expecting. Instead, another Indie Game has entered the ring into the Nindies.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
for those that listened to the rumor of a direct from Nintendo today, well it wasn't what people was expecting. Instead, another Indie Game has entered the ring into the Nindies.

oohhhhh f************** looks like we're scrrewed now, Shantae has competition for Smash.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
She was just recent into the gaming world today. Don't overthink this here.
Well, you did kind of walk right into that one with your wording...

That being said, I can't help but be reminded of Shantae when I look at Zahra's in-game artwork, even if she sounds more like Sky and the setting is more like Mighty Switch Force than anything.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, you did kind of walk right into that one with your wording...

That being said, I can't help but be reminded of Shantae when I look at Zahra's in-game artwork, even if she sounds more like Sky and the setting is more like Mighty Switch Force than anything.
Zahra does have a mixture of Mighty No 9 and gunvolt's playstyle based on the trailer and my analysis with the puzzle of a mystery to solve.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Zahra does have a mixture of Mighty No 9 and gunvolt's playstyle based on the trailer and my analysis with the puzzle of a mystery to solve.
I dunno... there isn't much shooting going on here compared to those two. Her primary weapons seem to be her fists and an energy lasso that she can use to swing from or throw things (the "field" we see most likely just indicates it's range and everything you can target within it). So... Bionic Commando?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I dunno... there isn't much shooting going on here compared to those two. Her primary weapons seem to be her fists and an energy lasso that she can use to swing from or throw things (the "field" we see most likely just indicates it's range and everything you can target within it). So... Bionic Commando?
The game was made by 13AM. The same people that made Runbow.

D

Deleted member

God people won’t stop leaving me alone saying the whole “spirits do deconfirm” and I even told them sakurai never said that but they just keep on getting on me wherever I say they don’t with their weak arguments even one said my logic was dumb

What has the fanbase come to huh?

First the grinch leak and now this

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
God people won’t stop leaving me alone saying the whole “spirits do deconfirm” and I even told them sakurai never said that but they just keep on getting on me wherever I say they don’t with their weak arguments even one said my logic was dumb

At this point some people would just prefer to accept that she's not happening as opposed to getting their hopes up over nothing.

D

Deleted member

At this point some people would just prefer to accept that she's not happening as opposed to getting their hopes up over nothing.
Well I guess that could be why

But that doesn’t mean we should give up

LETS KEEP ON SUPPORTING TILL THE VERY END!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Well I guess that could be why

But that doesn’t mean we should give up

LETS KEEP ON SUPPORTING TILL THE VERY END!!!
The key also lies in not being equally annoying and just slamming down their beliefs. You also need a stronger argument.... or to wait until there's stronger evidence against the spirits theory, instead of just repeating yourself ad nauseam.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
oohhhhh f************** looks like we're scrrewed now, Shantae has competition for Smash.
Nah, there's one review I've heard of the game so far, and it turns out to be nothing special. Not exactly a Shantae killer.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/double_cross

Which is odd, considering how 13AM nailed it with Runbow.

The key also lies in not being equally annoying and just slamming down their beliefs. You need just need a stronger argument.... or to wait until there's stronger evidence against the spirits theory, instead of just repeating yourself ad nauseam.
Or at least wait until we know for sure that the third-party spirits aren't a case of Rayman and CommanderVideo trophies 2: Electric Boogaloo. Otherwise, periodic support for Shantae must continue no matter what the circumstances are in the end, don't fall into the same trap as the Ashley fans.

At least Geno's chances are a smidgen higher at the moment, if the evidence found in his thread is correct.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace

Well at first when I saw this I was just going to come in and explain how you brought it on yourself in the thread I responded to by acting so smug with the way you shared your opinion but then I thought that maybe you weren't talking about my response since I only replied once and maybe someone else was actually harassing you about it.

So I took a look to see when else you had posted anything about spirits deconfirming and the only two recent posts I saw were where you shared this meme level image of a Sonic with realistic legs holding a sign saying spirits don't deconfirm, both times more or less completely out of context of what the thread was talking about and neither time appeared to get any response.

So I have to wonder, why are you coming in here and acting like a victim of harassment and claiming the whole fanbase is awful?

EDIT: I will say I actually did see a post where you respectfully disagreed about the guys belief about spirits and went on to respond to his other points and then he responded equally respectful about just agreeing to disagree, to me that seems like about the ideal scenario for a civil disagreement over the internet.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Nah, there's one review I've heard of the game so far, and it turns out to be nothing special. Not exactly a Shantae killer.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/double_cross

Which is odd, considering how 13AM nailed it with Runbow.
From the looks of things, it looks like they were a mite too ambitious with this game. Runbow was a pure platformer, Double Cross on the other hand adds beat-em up and... point-and-click elements for lack of a better term, and their lack of experience in those departments somewhat shows. The level designs and platforming elements are as good as ever, but the rest, while not bad by any means, feels a bit underdeveloped or plays a bit too safe to ever reach greatness.

Could still be a lot worse, though. The game still maintains a strong core gameplay that even some rough edges don't bring down. I still bought it yesterday since a smaller game complements my current Smash schedule nicely (and I'm not really interested in the ports Nintendo's releasing around this time). And... honestly in my eyes it's better to have tried to expand (sensibly) and fall a bit short than to not try at all.

Edit: It's also funny to see that I'm not the only one who thought Zahra looked like Shantae.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Pure
And she mains :ultpikachu:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Been MIA for ages. Miss anything important?

Game looks quite fun. is a bit simular to my game idea, but only the part about a big police station and space

Also, you guys see this?

Seems like this guy is making a smash bros game with all female characters, including shantae

D

Deleted member

Been MIA for ages. Miss anything important?
Yes you did this lunatic called the thunder productions is a stubborn yt user who is going around bringing everyone’s hopes down for shantaes potential he normally dose it here are some examples

8393442F-5531-42DA-AFEB-9B55405E16C3.jpeg

4AE85B1C-C68F-4B5C-81E4-F06B334A5991.jpeg

E4C8D4D6-AA8E-4967-A822-631C4C206AE8.jpeg

1D56DBB9-CE53-47F9-BBAC-9B261158D012.jpeg

2071EC8A-C0C4-4FDD-B390-81C826A31CA0.jpeg

37A56FA9-A174-42B2-B8B3-E7A32A73F381.jpeg

2DA0796D-A923-4202-9E43-83E724960DF1.jpeg

8B93A5FA-02B4-4D63-B913-D55DF4865FC2.jpeg

A44D876A-4017-4A6C-AC6F-5EE590DB576B.jpeg

0B5ACA1F-77C6-4473-AD12-E3EF87B628FE.jpeg

C4612CBC-1F2F-434C-97A3-01EDE25DE0E6.jpeg
Man I hate this if people stop supporting her because of what he says she’ll get cut from the next game if there even is one it’s best if we ignore him

But importantly we must never give up and hope till the end!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yes you did this lunatic called the thunder productions is a stubborn yt user who is going around bringing everyone’s hopes down for shantaes potential he normally dose it here are some examples

Man I hate this if people stop supporting her because of what he says she’ll get cut from the next game if there even is one it’s best if we ignore him

This guy says he's trying to be realistic, but it sounds more like he's trying to cause depression. He even brings death into it, the jerk.

how to report yt comments.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, that moron acts like Shantae's not gonna get any more games ever within the next 6-10 years.

Also, the obvious unspoken unfortunate implications of "if these guys can't be in as playable, how would anyone else in the indie world be?".

I mean, for Pete's sake, Shovel Knight is an assist trophy. Most Western TPs can only dream of getting noticed enough to get that kind of representation, it's a sign of great things to come going forward.

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
He claims to want Shantae (well...formerly want her now, coz we apparently made him hate her, according to what he said some weeks ago), but insists on reprimanding anyone who wants a Spirit playable, mainly Shantae in particular.

Like I said here before: I'm neutral to the whole Spirits deconfirming/not deconfirming thing, and believe that if she isn't picked it's because she just wasn't picked.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He claims to want Shantae (well...formerly want her now, coz we apparently made him hate her, according to what he said some weeks ago), but insists on reprimanding anyone who wants a Spirit playable, mainly Shantae in particular.

Like I said here before: I'm neutral to the whole Spirits deconfirming/not deconfirming thing, and believe that if she isn't picked it's because she just wasn't picked.
Nobody made this much of a toxic stink to nearly this level over Rayman and CommanderVideo not getting in 4, even though it's a similar situation.

Damn, to think just seeing a little piece of artwork is enough to drive less-reasonable people completely insane...What'll be next? Seeing series titles for unrepresented characters in song remixes?

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
https://youtu.be/_xgDl5i6BN0

Looks like his shift started.

And I believe he said it on JWittz's video with Shantae in the thumbnail. I won't dig around in there for it because there are too many comments.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well thats a ....lot of negativity from him. Wonder why.

I admit i dont think sje is making it in this first round of dlc but i feel she jas a very high chance in the second and possible third rounds

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Just finished World Of Light.

You know, seeing Wayforward/BOZON in those credits, you have to wonder if Matt felt like one of the many backers credited in Half-Genie Hero. Your little company's name listed among dozens of other juggernauts in one of the biggest games of all time...

And here's something else fun to think about: how do you all imagine Shantae reacting after the whole ordeal is over? Personally I see her waking up in her lighthouse and chalking it up to being the craziest dream of all time. And then unexpectedly meeting Zelda and Zero Suit Samus when she goes to explain the whole thing to Uncle Mimic, who are there to invite her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just ignore him. I've gotten into arguments with him before and he resorts to copying what you say sometimes.

Not someone worth your time

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, I'm seeing quite a bit of support for Shantae in Smash popping up, even if it sometimes comes in weird forms like that video. Especially impressive that it's not happening as a result of a leak or rumour.

Who knows if that person was aware of Risky guarding K. Rool in World Of Light, but it's fun to imagine interactions between the two nonetheless.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Risky was actually the first spirit I unlocked when I first tried Classic Mode. Just recently I unlocked Shantae when she appeared on the Spirit Board. So I got very lucky. Just trying to find Krystal now.
Don't read this if you want to find Krystal yourself
She's in the World of Dark very far north and you have to go through a bunch of spirits that lead to different directions before you can get anywhere close to her. I will give you one piece of advice if you wish to find her, take any paths going left and go to the area that has a Arwing in it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so what has happened here?
Go to reply #26,704 on here
Well, I'm seeing quite a bit of support for Shantae in Smash popping up, even if it sometimes comes in weird forms like that video. Especially impressive that it's not happening as a result of a leak or rumour.

Who knows if that person was aware of Risky guarding the K. Rool spirit in World Of Light, but it's fun to imagine interactions between the two nonetheless.
A7461B28-300F-4567-BBCC-4B15E2A0E0AD.jpeg

Neutral B

Top Bottom